June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Hi Girls,

Welcome Katerina!

Emzy so pleased for you that you got signed off from work that must be a real weight off your mind.
I was discussing when I'm finishing work with dh last night. I was going to finish on 4th May but he said about wrapping it all up at the end of April is that a but early do you think? I get 5months full pay and I also have all my holiday and will get paid for the bank holiday while I'm off but that still only takes me to October/November and then we somehow have to get by on SMP untill Jan!!

By the way lovely bump pics everyone. I really need to take one as haven't for ages and will prob regret it later.

Abi glad you sorted your dilema with the fabric!! My favourite was probably the spots but the trees are gorgeous too so if your having both you can't lose!
xxx

Hi girls, thanks for the lovely welcome to the thread!

I thought I'd share my 21 week bump picture with you, taken yesterday, and I seem to have just got really big pretty much overnight. As you can see, I'm not exactly slim, so that could have something to do with the size of the bump maybe....a nice layer of fat over the top of it hehe :haha:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10
Lovely bump Katerina!

Gem I think you should finish work whenever you like! Last time, I finished at 33 weeks and it couldn't come quickly enough! I had SPD then as well and was absolutely shattered. I was going to finish around 32 weeks this time too for the same reason, but have decided to go at 29 rather than be constantly off sick. And don't worry, somehow you manage to survive on SMP! I was on Maternity Allowance last time and we managed just fine. I'll be on SMP only this time too, so will have a drop in wages, although not as much of a drop as last time as I am only part time.

I was up half the night with Holly again last night. The poor baby is poorly and has an awful cough and terrible sounding chest, I suspect she has croup. Taking her to the docs this afternoon. I could really use some sleep though after 2 nights of hardly any! I guess I'd better get used to it again anyway lol

Thanks everyone :hugs: Lovely bump Katerina!
Emzy i'm glad you have been signed off now until your maternity starts, must be a weight off your mind. And I hope Holly feels better soon :hugs:
Gemgem I don't think that is too early at all, I am going off on the 3rd of May using 5 weeks holiday up first and then actual maternity starting when I am 39 weeks. I got signed off from 24 weeks with Grace, so my maternity had to start when I was 36 weeks as I was off sick. We survived on maternity allowance last time and were fine! x

Thanks for the advice girls think with the stress I'm under at work I will wrap it up at the end of April!! Oooh how exciting only 3 months to go!!!xx

yay exciting stuff! I can't believe I am going on maternity in 5 weeks! lol God, this is flying by!!

I don't know if any of you would be interested, but I am thinking of selling Holly's My Jungle Family nursery set. Most of it has seldom been used, we set it all up before Holly was born and it looked lovely but when she went into the cot, I took the bumper off as I wasn't happy having one on there and she had sleeping bags so the blankets didn't get used. The sheets have been used but are still in good condition as are the curtains and the mobile. It's this set:

38553_10150257437590473_743965472_14061919_5351918_n.jpg

39998_10150257437700473_743965472_14061920_4873501_n.jpg

And includes:

2 sheets, fleece blanket, quilt, bumper, curtains, mobile

I'm not even sure how much I want for it, I just wanted to see if anyone on here would be interested before I ebay it?

I'm not going to bother with a full set for Evie, but going to buy sheets, blankets and sleeping bags for her instead in nice girly pink!

Beautiful set Emzy! And I love the name you have chosen for your new little girl.

Awww I am so jealous with you guys talking about maternity leave. Unfortunately I am self employed and not eligible for any kind of maternity pay, so I will be working right up until I am ready to give birth, which kinda sucks, but we can't afford it any other way.

Emzy, hope your little girl feels better soon :hugs: x

im really confused with what blankets and sheets were meant to have for new borns..:dohh:

aw katerina that sucks! Are you not even eligible for maternity allowance?

Redrose the only things you NEED are a sheet for moses basket and/or cot and a blanket like a cellular blanket or 2. You don't need anything else! The sets are lovely and look nice, but like I said I ended up taking off the bumper, quilt and fleece blanket when she went in it which basically left a sheet and we put her in a sleeping bag instead of using the blanket. They are very expensive for what they are, but they do look lovely. This time I am just buying new fitted sheets for the crib, moses basket and cot, 2 cellular blankets (one for using in moses downstairs, one for in crib upstairs) and she will use Holly's sleeping bags when in the cot. Not bothering with a bumper or quilt or big cot blanket.

thanks its so confusing when you go into mother care and they have all these different sheets and blankets i was like what :wacko: thats why we havent got any apart from a free bumper set which came with our cot when we bought it but it says on the packet the quilt and pillow case in the pack cant be used til baby is 12 months anyway :dohh:

yay exciting stuff! I can't believe I am going on maternity in 5 weeks! lol God, this is flying by!!

I don't know if any of you would be interested, but I am thinking of selling Holly's My Jungle Family nursery set. Most of it has seldom been used, we set it all up before Holly was born and it looked lovely but when she went into the cot, I took the bumper off as I wasn't happy having one on there and she had sleeping bags so the blankets didn't get used. The sheets have been used but are still in good condition as are the curtains and the mobile. It's this set:

38553_10150257437590473_743965472_14061919_5351918_n.jpg

39998_10150257437700473_743965472_14061920_4873501_n.jpg

And includes:

2 sheets, fleece blanket, quilt, bumper, curtains, mobile

I'm not even sure how much I want for it, I just wanted to see if anyone on here would be interested before I ebay it?

I'm not going to bother with a full set for Evie, but going to buy sheets, blankets and sleeping bags for her instead in nice girly pink!

hey emzy me and hubster are interested in the set, we were looking to get the jungle one from toys r us (which i know this is) so should all fit the cotbed we are getting from there. are the sheets a standard size and fit their cotbeds?

hey guys, hope you are all well. welcome along katerina! lots of lovely bump pics the last few days, will have to upload my next one on my vday this friday :)
i will be on later for a proper catch up but just popped on quickly to say hello as was snowed in at my old house with no internet all weekend. it was awful and very scary when we managed to finally escape the village and get the car up the steep hill. the saturday and sunday we saw lots of 4x4s getting stuck going up it. hope you guys didnt have as an eventful time.
anyways will speak laters, take care all xx

Feeling shitty today. I've been having sharp pains in my lower left abdomen and so I went to the doctors today. Turns out I have an infection so I'm now on antibiotics and my blood pressure has crept up again so I'm on another tablet for that too.

I haven't felt baby move at all today. The doctor managed to find the heartbeat with a doppler (eventually) but told me to moniter my movements tonight. Still haven't felt anything :nope:

Jellytots it's a set from mothercare this is what it is:

https://www.mothercare.com/My-Jungle-Family-Bed-Bag/dp/B004GXOQIO

https://www.mothercare.com/Jungle-Family-Tape-Top-Curtains-Pair/dp/B002QS8D58

https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Jungle-Mobile/dp/B003USMGT2

The first link has the sizes on. I think we paid £115 for the whole set including the curtains and mobile, but I'm not sure how much to sell it for tbh! Make me an offer if you are interested! I will have to stick it all in the wash, as the blankets and bumper have been in storage and we have been using the sheets and curtains but they're all in vgc. The only thing is, I don't know what happened to the curtain tie backs. We may find them in with the bumper, etc but they may have gone missing completely. We also have the moses basket but we are keeping that for Evie to sleep in.

Hey guys!!! Sorry I've been MIA, been feeling very hermity and kinda locked myself away!
Louise, thinking of u,
What've I missed?

3 weeks til 3rd tri....how the f did that happen!? X

It's crazy!!
Any existing mums want to share their experiences on stretch marks? I've not got any yet, but I must say I'm somewhat worried....x

I'm worried to Gemini!!! I also can't believe how fast this is going!

It's my v day!!! :wohoo: x

Thinking of you Louise :hugs:
Gemini I managed to escape stretch marks with Grace until I was put into hospital at 36 weeks and left my baby oil at home! So I would just say keep using oil/moisturiser twice a day, but I think if you are going to get them then no amount of oil will work, but it may help!
I am going to try and get an appointment with doctor today, i've not been feeling great since sunday and have been awake all night with sharp pains in my groin and it hurts to pee so think I have a bladder infection :(
Hope everyone is ok today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->