June Bundles of Joy - 2016

Thanks all, I really appreciate your advice and hearing your experiences!

How often do your babies have a bottle? Sorry if you mentioned it before. I'm so sleepy these days that I can't think straight.

H finally went to sleep on me (after giving her the breast.. I know that's probably a bad habit to get her into :() and I transferred her to the bassinet. She's been grunting and stirring a lot though so I'm not sure how long it will be until she's fully awake and crying.

Aw Starlight it's completely natural for babies to fall asleep at the breast, I wouldn't worry about bad habits at this age.

Thanks all, I really appreciate your advice and hearing your experiences!

How often do your babies have a bottle? Sorry if you mentioned it before. I'm so sleepy these days that I can't think straight.

H finally went to sleep on me (after giving her the breast.. I know that's probably a bad habit to get her into :() and I transferred her to the bassinet. She's been grunting and stirring a lot though so I'm not sure how long it will be until she's fully awake and crying.

Some people call it a bad habit, I call it a lifesaver ;-) honestly, I don't believe it's a bad habit. At the end of the day, a dummy is an imitation nipple because babies find it so comforting.

I agree with dory and Angel, it's natural behaviour and not a bad habit at all :) That's how dummies work for us. Just do whatever helps!

Arthur has bottles around 7/11/3/7/11/3 so 4hrly round the clock. He hardly takes anything now at around 3am and it's also moving towards 4am so I think that will be the first feed he drops. (Fingers crossed!). Obv sometimes he's hungrier before 4hrs and I just feed him when he wants it. It might be a bit old fashioned but if he cries before 3 hrs from his last bottle, I try dummy cuddles and things and usually it's just a suck and sleep he wants. I don't think I'd let him go longer than 4hrs in the day as I would worry he wasn't getting enough as he was early and small. But I'd let him do whatever he wants in the night! All this worked for us twice before so we'll see how it goes this time

Arthur has been graduating into some big boy outfits! Will try and put some pictures but they are always sideways no matter what I do and it winds me up haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 11
And my favourite cardy :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
Aw he's lovely in his big boy clothes Boo!

Boo. How much does Arthur usually eat each feeding?

I think H uses my breast as a dummy. She likes it better than the dummy/pacifier she has Lol

Henry uses the breast a dummy too starlight. Dont worry about 'bad habits'..that could apply to anything that soothes/comforts or sends baby to sleep- dummies, bottles, being rocked, swinging chairs ect. I honestly dont think it matters at this age, my eldest DS had lots of 'bad habits' into toddlerhood but is now 4 and happily gets into his own bed and falls asleep on his own before sleeping a good unbroken 12 hour stretch so i always ignore the advice about babies needing to self soothe or else they never ever will.

Aw i love.arthurs outfits where are they from??

Henry is definitely in his 0-3 month clothes now! Cant believe hes already grown through 2 sizes of clothes. They are a bit big but hes way too long for his up to 1 month stuff.

Quick question- what is everyone else's bleeding like now? Tmi- but I didn't bleed hardly anything the beginning of the second week but since I hit 10 days it started getting heavier again and is still bright red at nearly 3 weeks. Sometimes I get hardly anything for most of the day, usually just when I wipe and it's usually brown but as the day goes on it becomes red again and heavier.
Do you think it's something I need to see the gp about or is it just where I've been doing more especially as OH went back to work after 9 days? It's like today, again there was nothing apart from when wiping and then brown until about 2 o clock when it has got heavier and become red again. I have been out three times for about half hour each time pushing both dd4 and DS and also took dd4 to the park, not sure if it is just that? :)

Excuse his frowny face on both of those pictures haha he doesn't always look like that!

His cardy is from Polan O'Pyret and his little cloud trousers are from tesco :)

My bleeding stopped at about 2 weeks and I haven't had any since

Starlight in making up 6oz bottles now and occasionally he drains them most of the time he has 5oz and occasionally he only wants 4oz. That 3am ish feed he barely took 2oz last night x

I wish Róise would eat more at her midnight feed & go through to about 6! Perhaps that is too wishful thinking ;) she usually wants fed every 2.5-3 hours...

Mumttc I bled for about a month but I had a c-section & it wasn't heavy after the first week or so I guess. Heavy enough to need more than a panty liner. Not bright red either.

I bled for 5-6 weeks but it was barely more than spotting from day one (presumably because of the hemorrhage? :shrug: ) it was orangey coloured after the first week and never got heavier, but when I had Xander my bleeding always got much heavier if I did too much x

We've just tried to wake Georgia up in an attempt to stop her being wide awake for hours in the middle of the night. Carl was singing, dancing, balancing her in his hand :dohh: tickling her and she's literally ignored him completely and is fast asleep

I'm sure once she gets that night time is for sleep she'll be a great sleeper lol

I'm making 3oz bottles, she'll have anywhere from 1oz to just under 3oz every 2-3 hours.

My bleeding is still going, it's about a medium flow and red, it does have the odd day where it's light but it picks back up soon enough. Walking around/doing more will make it heavier, I'm not sure if that makes it go away faster though.

boo - lovely photos :cloud9:

AFM - went out and bought a dress for the family wedding on saturday, we're driving down on Friday night and god do I wish I wasn't going :nope:

Mum my bleeding slowed for a day or two but got heavier again this afternoon I'm 2 weeks and 2 days pp. With ds1 I bled for about 6 weeks. This tune has been generally lighter but I think that's because my initial blood loss was high.

Mum2, my bleeding is finally slowing down. I think it's almost over. Mine has varies from light to heavy and vice versa over the past four weeks.

Anyone's baby have excess saliva? Like drool (not spit up)?

Thanks all, at least it sounds pretty normal. I was worried a little what with it keep getting heavier and being bright red.
I should know all this with DS being baby number 5 but I really can't remember how it was with any of the others. :)

Thanks all, at least it sounds pretty normal. I was worried a little what with it keep getting heavier and being bright red.
I should know all this with DS being baby number 5 but I really can't remember how it was with any of the others. :)

I was told today that sudden changes are the key thing, if it suddenly becomes much heavier or over time only gets progressively heavy then it's best to get it checked out.

Mum here they freaked on me when I thought mine was bright red at 9 days. I have gushes during the day still they are around te same time everyday and at like 18 days pp it's a very very light pinky/brownish. But I think we are all different seriously. Do you think something is odd about it? I say go with your gut. If you are concerned give a call

And I THINK I popped a stitch down there today :blush: just found it after a wipe. I'm not calling because will if I'm letting them fix anything down there !

Anyone else have stitches and lose one? The whole stitch thing is new for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->