June Bundles of Joy - 2016

And pixie I can't wake ds either if hes out hes out its no use lol

Mommy aren't the stitches dissolvable? The part that's inside the skin should dissolve and the knot would just fall out - mine was one continuous stitch apparently with only one knot but it fell out 2-3 weeks pp which is what it's supposed to do.

Last.night was shit. Carl dropped the forks from a forklift truck on his foot yesterday. It's not broken but is battered enough that he's off work till Monday. G was doing her usual midnight dance party so Carl took her downstairs at 1am so I could sleep. As soon as they left the room my stupid mind kept going through all the positions he might fall asleep with her and suffocate her in the living room and I couldn't sleep anyway :-( They came back up at 5 for a feed and I put her back to bed, but Xander got up at 7 so it was a shit night all round! I could have had a full 4 hr sleep too. I'm such a div :dohh:

And I'm a terrible person because I'm really excited that I get two days home with Carl, even if he's hurt himself (he's always hurt himself lol)

Hi ladies!

I am so sorryI havnt been active on here since having Ollie, me and my partner are so sleep deprived and are struggling with him atm, he seems to struggle with wind? I think either reflux or colic :(
Have taken him to the dr but they couldn't suggest anything besides telling me he could only be crying inconsolable for hours each day because he is either hungry, sleepy, tired, colicy and something else... i was like duh thats why im here because ive done everything i can to try and settle him..
We have just purchased gripe water which seemed to have helped a lil bit last night after he finally done a poo after 48hrs
Also we are now formula feeding as he just wasnt latching properly, plus then i got mastitis which is quite painful!

I am really struggling to find balance atm and will try and catch up soon if I can

congratulations to all of you who have had your bubs now and wish you all the best and for those already in the baby haze like me lol i hope all is well there too!
Xx

It's normal for stitches to start to fall out, they don't come out in one big bit they come off as they heal, the midwife said to me that they heal from the bottom up and the bit on the surface is the last bit to heal.

No sleep here too either, we're taking it in turns with the feeds but I still feel like I never get enough sleep and it's making me feel pants,knowing I have that wedding on the weekend is just putting me on edge.

No sleep here as well!

Mums who have exclusively bf do babies start to form a pattern and have feeds at around the same time eventually? Henry is just on and off the boob constantly, theres no pattern at all and a lot of time he just gtazes for a few mins, i put him down after then ten monutes later he is screaming again.

I know its normal but is it one of those things that starts to phase out as theyre a bit older. I remember with formula feeding my eldest he would just have his nice, long feed then a good couple of hours until the next nice long feed. How henry is at the minute makes it extremely difficult to get anywhere on time or look after eldest DS but i just keep telling mtself to persevere as it will get easier but im wondering whether it really does.

I hope things get better for those struggling. <3

Last night was rough getting her to sleep. I was in tears. I feel so overwhelmed in the evenings when the 'usual' (hope last night isn't the new norm) 30ish min walk around the house doesn't get her to sleep.

She didn't fall asleep until 9pm and I did another feed then. doing the first feed since then at 3am now so handful for that stretch. But she's been very noisy with grunting etc since midnight.

Do you guys wait for baby to cry to feed at night? I hate doing that but otherwise she's asleep when I get bottle (like tonight I came back and had to wake her).

Poppy doesn't generally cry, but I do wait until sea really unhappy and grumbly before I get up and get her a bottle else she just has an oz and crashes back out and I waste so much milk.
I've been making 4oz bottle from week 2, some days she will have 2oz every two hours all day, some days like yesterday she will take 4oz and go three hours. But he hardly sleeps, people who say newborns do nothing but sleep are liars &#65533;&#65533;

Poppy still wakes at the same times every night for bottles regardless of anything I do. Lat night she had a 6!!oz bottle at 8pm, and she still took 4oz at 11, then 1.30, then up at 5 or the day. I wish so much she would drop one of those bottles because I'm dying lol. Madi was sleeping through the night 10pm-7am by 5 weeks.

Mommy aren't the stitches dissolvable? The part that's inside the skin should dissolve and the knot would just fall out - mine was one continuous stitch apparently with only one knot but it fell out 2-3 weeks pp which is what it's supposed to do.

Last.night was shit. Carl dropped the forks from a forklift truck on his foot yesterday. It's not broken but is battered enough that he's off work till Monday. G was doing her usual midnight dance party so Carl took her downstairs at 1am so I could sleep. As soon as they left the room my stupid mind kept going through all the positions he might fall asleep with her and suffocate her in the living room and I couldn't sleep anyway :-( They came back up at 5 for a feed and I put her back to bed, but Xander got up at 7 so it was a shit night all round! I could have had a full 4 hr sleep too. I'm such a div :dohh:

And I'm a terrible person because I'm really excited that I get two days home with Carl, even if he's hurt himself (he's always hurt himself lol)

they're supposed to be dissolvable yes, but i don't know what else that string could've been! looked like it had been undone and just dropped out. very strange! i guess that's all it is and it's ok!

No sleep here as well!

Mums who have exclusively bf do babies start to form a pattern and have feeds at around the same time eventually? Henry is just on and off the boob constantly, theres no pattern at all and a lot of time he just gtazes for a few mins, i put him down after then ten monutes later he is screaming again.

I know its normal but is it one of those things that starts to phase out as theyre a bit older. I remember with formula feeding my eldest he would just have his nice, long feed then a good couple of hours until the next nice long feed. How henry is at the minute makes it extremely difficult to get anywhere on time or look after eldest DS but i just keep telling mtself to persevere as it will get easier but im wondering whether it really does.

both mine came with their own patterns. dd used to clusterfeed from 8-10. And then had particular times she'd wake during the night.

this one wakes usually between 1240-130 for his first feed. And then he WAS waking again at 230, and again between 5-6. Now last night he slept from 10-3, was up to eat, right back out again, and up at 530 for the morning. You know, so he could do a morning poo at 6. Ugh. i'm so tired lol.

And yes, i do believe they sort out their own patterns and things but sometimes we don't always notice tht's what they're doing. i had a heck of a time figuring out dds pattern, and it really is all about them i think, esp with breastfeeding. i always offer food first, and if no interest he gets his paci. he usually lets me know pretty quick what he wants.

I hope things get better for those struggling. <3

Last night was rough getting her to sleep. I was in tears. I feel so overwhelmed in the evenings when the 'usual' (hope last night isn't the new norm) 30ish min walk around the house doesn't get her to sleep.

She didn't fall asleep until 9pm and I did another feed then. doing the first feed since then at 3am now so handful for that stretch. But she's been very noisy with grunting etc since midnight.

Do you guys wait for baby to cry to feed at night? I hate doing that but otherwise she's asleep when I get bottle (like tonight I came back and had to wake her).

i'm sorry you had such a rough night hun :( it sucks. I do wait for baby to cry at night. or rather fuss a ton. he usually makes a particular sound not a full out cry when he's waking and hungry. He rouses enough to eat, i burp him, and he's back out again. I used to try to wake them for food but if they're sleeping i can forget it. they will not wake up, and it's just like slapping them in the face with a boob which although hilarious it seems rude. lol

anyone else feel like their littles aren't growing? ds seems so incredibly small! i don't mind small as long as he's getting all he needs. dd seemed gigantic in comparison!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=955780&amp;d=1467890536

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=955778&amp;d=1467890527

Kailani is on and off the breast all hours of the day... Luckily at night (from 9-7ish) it's every 2 hours so I'm getting decent sleep! She was weighed yesterday and gained 7ozs in 6 days.. So apparently all the feeding on demand is doing it's job... Although like a lot of you sometimes I think I offer her the breast and all she wants is to suck not really to eat. I have tried every pacifier... Even had my other daughters offer her it to no avail.... She just isn't into taking it. Over the last day or so though she has been finding her fingers/thumb more and more so maybe she'll be a thumb sucker. And she does sleep for most of the day with little awake periods here and there.. I too was thinking she seemed to speed an awful lot! So weird to think we have all had our babies now!

Attachments

• CYMERA_20160707_075857.jpg
    CYMERA_20160707_075857.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
In my experience, yes bf babies do form a routine eventually but it's more of 'mid morning' and 'lunch time' than 1030 or 1330 if you know what I mean? The early days are unpredictable because their needs change quickly in line with developmental leaps.

I had one stitch kind of split when I had my episiotomy with Sophie. They just said to keep it clean because they won't re stitch an 'old' wound.

Love seeing everyone's photos but always forget to comment. Keep them coming! Georgia has finally passed my eldests birth weight at 9 weeks &#10084;

Attachments

• 20160707_131039.jpg
    20160707_131039.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20160701_191142.jpg
    IMG_20160701_191142.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
One of them is upside down but I don't know how to change it so you'll have to rotate your screen instead lol

Mum here they freaked on me when I thought mine was bright red at 9 days. I have gushes during the day still they are around te same time everyday and at like 18 days pp it's a very very light pinky/brownish. But I think we are all different seriously. Do you think something is odd about it? I say go with your gut. If you are concerned give a call

And I THINK I popped a stitch down there today :blush: just found it after a wipe. I'm not calling because will if I'm letting them fix anything down there !

Anyone else have stitches and lose one? The whole stitch thing is new for me

No I don't feel there's anything else wrong I think it's just the fact that everywhere you read and all the midwifes/HV's etc say it shouldn't be bright red still at this stage so I was worrying a little that it might not be normal.
Mines still more like small gushes too, usually afternoon when I've been busy all morning so I do think it is probably just that. I will just keep an eye and if it doesn't let up then maybe just make a doctors appointment in a week or two :)

Here are some pics xx

Attachments

• 20160702_143549-768x1365.jpg
    20160702_143549-768x1365.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160624_082028-768x1365.jpg
    20160624_082028-768x1365.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 8
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_20160706_172203_zpsxomxmouh.jpg

We don't really have a routine, I'm just so relaxed with feeding this time around. last time I was ff and strictly every 3 hours as that was what he wanted. This time ill put Leo on my boob when he wakes as he only wakes to eat. He will feed for about half an hour and guzzle and then he will fall asleep for about 5 hours. He sleeps better during the day than at night as he is a bit fussier but unless he is crying I just let him lie in his crib and make his wee noises so long as he isn't upset.

If he is sleeping and my boobs are full I just pump and add it to my monstrous stash which is almost 25 180ml bags now in the freezer. Leo will get expressed milk if I'm busy when he wakes or if I'm putting DD1 to bed.

Argh I wrote a whole post then pasted in the photo link and somehow the photo ate the whole post!

I'll summarize, love all the photos, no routine to speak of here. Out all day today and I feel so unsure of how she is feeding. At home in the quiet I listen for swallowing and watch so carefully, and do breast compressions if she stops, but out i cant tell and I worry she is just comfort feeding. :/

Wow Joey feeding for 30mins then sleeping for 5 hrs sounds like the holy grail! Lucky you!

What you described mommy (I think it was sorry I haven't checked back!) of feeding for a bit then crying after 10mins for more was exactly my experience of breastfeeding all 3 of mine! And although I know it's completely normal it was also exactly the reason I stopped :shrug: I literally couldn't do anything with my 2 and 3 year olds for having to feed Arthur who would want feeding for up to an hour then want more after 5 mins. I couldn't master feeding in a sling and it just wasn't for me. All of my children and me are happier for the change!

A sling might be a great idea for you and feeding in a sling gives hands free for toddlers :thumbup: Or maybe a feeding bag of special toys for your toddler for when you're stuck under a feeding baby?

Aw such beautiful babies! &#128151;&#10084;&#128156; all the photos :)

No routine here either but she usually feeds every 2.5-3 hours so you can kind of guess when the next one will be plus the past couple of days, she hasn't wanted to sleep in the morning but has slept well in the afternoon. I'm supposed to be having a nap too, but because the weather is good here today, all my dumbass inconsiderate neighbours think it's ok to make plenty of noise (this is an ongoing issue for me!)

Róise is 7lb 9 now! HV said she's moved from 2nd to 9th centile, but when I checked the red book, she'd marked her as 4 weeks old when actually she's 5 tomorrow so when adjusted, she's still pretty much 2nd. Plus she marked the wrong size for her head & said she's also moved up a centile. She hasn't going by the correct size... Still 2nd centile all round including length. I know she's just a petite wee dote & of course that's not adjusted for her coming 3 weeks early, so no concerns!

Gorgeous photos!

Dory - how is she 2 months old?!??! It feels like a few weeks ago at most that she was born.

Squig - that's really annoying when they fill the books in wrong. Sorry your neighbours are making noise, I hope you were able to get a nap in :hugs: neighbours are one of the reasons we're moving - the people on the right are students and the parties during term time drive us mad.

AFM - my hips still aren't back to normal, it doesn't hurt that much during the day but at night if I've been walking a lot then it hurts to roll over in bed as before, I hope it goes back to normal soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->