June Bundles of Joy - 2016

Bedtime was easy tonight (as long as she doesn't wake up crying after I post this! Lol). Went down at 630pm. Her last feeding was 545pm though so I'm expecting to be up before midnight for the first feed.

Hope everyone's night went well <3 I know most of you are ahead so it's almost tomorrow lol

Vanilla, hope your hips feel better soon! I guess it's only been one week. How long did it take last time for them to feel better?

C section mamas, how's your incision looking? Mine has the glue all peeling off but still has a good bit of (dissolvable?) stitches. I'm wondering when they will finally be gone! I can't wait to feel back to normal. I still have discomfort when not wearing the binder. Halfway to the eight week recovery people always talk about...

Good news, Starlight!

Vaniilla, hope your hips are better soon.

Here's a turn up for the books - baby is still sleeping but I've woken up after 5 hours' sleep - the most I've had in one go since she was born! She slept very little yesterday so she's obviously worn out - DH actually woke her for a feed at something after 3.30am - usually she's up at 2-2.30 or 3 at latest! But she didn't go down til nearly midnight.

Starlight - I hope your night went well and you weren't up too many times.

Squig - that's fantastic! I hope this is the new norm for you!

I can't remember how long my hips took with ds but I'm hoping it's not much longer this time.

Going to the hotel tonight, eeeek :argh: we didn't go away with DS until he was 6 months so this is new, scary territory for me. Any tips from you ladies would be much appreciated!

Where are you going vanilla?

Henry has a cold, hes so snotty and bunged up and sounds like peppa pig. I used snuffle babe last night and it made a world of difference to him but today read online its only for 3 months plus??

Does everyone's LO sleep long at night?

Not read through properly just keep seeing people saying simler things :lol:
Sydney wakes every 3 hours and always at 5ish she wakes and won't sleep again unless she's cuddled with me .. :shrug: but she's still only having 3oz at a time I make 4oz and the odd time she will have the but usually she falls asleep leaving 1oz

I know I used to be the same as a baby I fell asleep through my bottles but I slept a lot my mum said I was a good baby :lol:

Noticed Sydney sounds congested most mornings I remember Mason having it I'm sure it's normal? I use calpol nasal spray always have for kids and works well

We're going to the beach tomorrow, Hoping the weather stays nice ment to be up to 25 degrees :)

Smiling at me the other day :cloud9:

image.jpg

Tinkerbelle - We're going to a family wedding, it's over 3 hours drive away so we're setting off this evening, I'm really not looking forward it.

I would ask a chemist before using snuffle babe again, I know it works well though, Is the calpol plug in suitable from birth? I remember using it with DS, still do as it's quite helpful. I hope his cold goes away soon.

Becy - she has an adorable smile! I hope the weather stays nice for your beach trip.

Been reading but not posting. Feeling good now =) gotten used to my sleep routine so I'm happy now ahaha. She gets up every two hours in the night but I can live with that =) my milk is in now so it's much easier. The first night or two I basically didn't sleep.
Had her registered yesterday and took her for her hearing test (all good)

Waiting in for the midwife today to have her weighed etc. I really wish they would set times. I hate wasting the day like this. Wanna get out and enjoy the sunshine! Weighed myself this morning and I'm 2 lbs lighter than my booking app ! So I'm off to a good start. I just want the bleeding to lighten up so I can get back into some sort of fitness routine etc. I know that seems trivial but I just love getting back to feeling myself etc.

Glad to hear everything is going well Rhi. How are your after pains? With Poppy they were easily the worst part of the whole labour and birth experience. They had me pretty much doing nothing for two days and it killed me. Like you I feel like I needed to get back to myself straight away, I was back doing the school runs and housework etc etc by day three.

Beccy, Poppy is exactly the same! I make 4oz bottles but she generally drinks 3 or just over and will wake 2/3 hourly during the day. Even if I manage to get more down her, she will still wake at the same time for another bottle. On Thur she had the crazy long sleep for like three hours, which is insane for her, and when she woke she was starving and had 4oz of milk, then another 2oz, this was 8pm ish, I put her down at 9pm, and she woke at 11 (same time every day!) and had another bottle. I could have cried I was sure I was gunna get a a nice stretch of sleep :( I also get up at 5/5.30 with her every day because by the time she is fed, changed and burped, it's nearing 6 and I know the others will be up shortly after, so it's pountless going back to sleep.

We're off to Haven on Mon! Can't wait! :)

I'm so jealous of you ladies getting back into the swing of things.
Because of the section I'm on rest at home. I can't stand not being up and doing things but I know recovery will take longer if I'm up and doing too much. DH is doing amazing but I'm so bored.
I can't believe it all happened the way it did. :-(

I can't believe baby girl is already registered Rhi. My baby girl doesn't even have a name yet!

Baby girl won't sleep in her Moses basket. She sleeps so well in my bed that I'm not missing sleep but I do wish she would settle alone. Xx

Have a fab holiday Karlilay. Had I not had the c section we would be going away next week. Super jealous. X

Teeny, did you post your birth story somewhere & I've missed it? The thing I'm struggling most with post-section is not being allowed to drive. My mum & now DH are great about taking me places, but I hate that I can't go anywhere requiring a drive to do the smallest thing for myself. Next Friday I'm back in the saddle though & the first place I'll be driving myself is to the doctor's for my 6 week check!!

Gorgeous girl, Becy :)

Tinkerbelle, I think Róise is getting a cold too. She's been a bit out of sorts.

We got her passport photos taken today & she started to cry & the guy actually took a picture! Luckily she settled as I wasn't going to have a photo of her bawling on her passport. The one we're using isn't much better, but at least she's not crying!

Rhi I'm so jealous of your weight loss! I still have a stone to lose :( although I think you didn't put much on to begin with, right?

Teeny, I hope recovery is coming along <3 how long do you have to name baby girl?

Beccy Georgia doesn't sleep for long at night. She has one 3 hr ish stretch and then for the rest of the night it's 1.5 - 2 hrs. At least last night she wasn't up for hours in the middle though! She went straight back down after each feed :)

I couldn't drive when I had Xander anyway, but I don't remember the section stopping me doing much else other than moving the washing baskets - I must live a very sheltered life :dohh:

Has anyone heard from Lavo?

I don't remember what the ob said about driving after the section. I haven't driven since getting pregnant so I don't plan on driving anytime soon ish anyway so I must have tuned that out. I feel like I could physically drive though got now 4 weeks post section because sitting really isn't bad.

Rhi I am insanely jealous of you being under your pre pregnancy weight already wow! I only put on 22lb this pregnancy so thought I'd find it easier than usual but I've still got 10lb to lose just to get down to what I was before. To make it worse I've been doing slimming world for like 3 weeks and been so good and only lost 1.5lb. Argh so despondent

After my two caesareans I drove after 4 weeks simply because I was going totally crazy having to be driven round everywhere!

I'm still 2 stone over my prepregnancy weight! I am actually happy with that as I was a stone heavier again after I had Micah but I was the slimmest I've ever been by his 1st birthday. Dieting isn't on my radar yet, I'm starving from breastfeeding and have a tub of flapjacks by my bed for night feeds!:haha:

It won't last I'm also starving from feeding baby. Just had my second takeout pizza this week oooops. I don't even know how I managed it TBH. I really go off my food during pregnancy and I loose weight in first tri then technically the scales keep going up but it's literally all baby. My pregnancy craving is/was ice so that helps :haha:

Had baby weighed and she has lost 3.5% apparently this is good ? So hopefully now she will start to gain =)

I'm also wondering if anyone has heard from lavo.

I have 8lb to loose to get to my pre pregnancy weight but I'd like to loose another 10lb on top of that so back to the weight I was before ds. I have this weird urge to go for a run but I'm assuming I should weight until 6 week check?
Casey has been snacking all day today pretty much but never stays on the breast for more than 15 minutes (he never has) I was worrying about it but he's gaining weight so hopefully he's just an efficient feeder.

Tinky I'd class 15 mins as a full feed for Georgia. She's never been one to linger :haha:

I was a stone under my pre pregnancy weight but I put on 2lbs this week :dohh: I'm so HUNGRY! I'm starving every minute of the day until I eat so much I feel sick. And then I still don't stop eating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->