June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Yep. Xander finishes next Thursday. Then we're off on holiday aforementioned a week and then it's just me, Xander and Georgia for the summer - I'm very nervous about it!

Tinkerbelle - I'm dreading the summer holidays too, no idea how I'll keep ds entertained and my sanity.

starlight - that's what I thought and why I bought them, cleaning them is a faff with the little brush for the teeny holes.

ds is still in school until Wednesday next week, it can't come sooner and yet I don't want it to be the holidays :rofl:

Checking in!

Arthur Harry born 13th May 2016 weighing 6lb 3oz

Argh school runs don't get me started! I have been doing it for about 6 weeks now with 3 of them! Feel like some kind of superwoman when it all goes well lol. I'm getting much better at getting them all around now though, today I did tesco alone with a 4 year old, a 2.5 year old and an 8 week old! And also took them to the park. Yay me! Although I think I need a baby carrier for the parks so I can get about quicker...

Vanilla - I've moved Arthur from aptamil to HiPP and I think he's better on it, it's a bit gentler on his tummy I was told...

Checking in!

Arthur Harry born 13th May 2016 weighing 6lb 3oz

Argh school runs don't get me started! I have been doing it for about 6 weeks now with 3 of them! Feel like some kind of superwoman when it all goes well lol. I'm getting much better at getting them all around now though, today I did tesco alone with a 4 year old, a 2.5 year old and an 8 week old! And also took them to the park. Yay me! Although I think I need a baby carrier for the parks so I can get about quicker...

Vanilla - I've moved Arthur from aptamil to HiPP and I think he's better on it, it's a bit gentler on his tummy I was told...

I'm in awe, I have just the two and the school run terrifies me!

we would be switching from aptamil too, how did you do the switch?

The upside of baby coming in July is that dh doesn't go back to work until Monday and school finishes on Wednesday. Mil has offered to take him in (my eldest) for the last three days. She works at the school so it works out. I am relieved as I was dreading it! Hopefully by September I will have my butt in gear and be ready to tackle it haha =) I'm still in the "what day is it?" New baby haze.
See the midwife tomorrow to be signed off and the health visitor comes from Friday onwards. Not sure how long they keep coming for ? Hopefully not long. I always feel like its a test. "How many wet nappies ?" "How long does she feed on each breast" I dno haha then I end up making up an answer :haha:

Here - thanks Mommy!

Róise Isabelle born 3rd June, 5lb 7oz.

That's impressive Boo!

Those who have switched from aptamil to hipp, do you think it's better for babies with reflux?

I thought I was on the wrong thread for a second because it was only 2 pages!

Rhi - I've always felt it was like a test too but no one has ever cared when it's not fitted with the norm lol. Georgia didn't wee until she was 8 hours old and didn't poo til over 24 hours.

We're in for a rough evening here. I ate salmon salad and feta for dinner without thinking and now G is reacting. I Googled it and goats milk is really similar to cows milk protein :-( I feel so guilty.

Oh dear poor Georgia. How long will the reaction last? I hope she's not too uncomfortable

G's been fussy again this afternoon - she's only settled on me, she keeps arching and groaning and gagging (she gags a lot but is never sick more than a little bit)

Rhi my HV hasn't asked any of those questions. All they've asked is is she feeding OK and do I feel confident :shrug: the HV when I had xander just kept asking questions till they had a reason to tell me off but they've been really easy going this time. Fingers crossed your HV is the same!

G didn't poo until day 7 - 10 minutes before her first weigh in the little witch :haha:

Rhi that's great that you're avoiding the school run till September!

Rhi, that's the same for me. Because my darling daughter was so late I only have 2 school runs to do next week as hubby goes back to work Monday.

We will hopefully be signed off tomorrow by the MW too.

I hope Georgia isn't too uncomfortable Dory. xx

Pixie, do you think it's a phase? A growth spurt or something similar? Xx

Oh no poor Georgia Lauren hope she's ok :( it's not your fault dory you're doing an amazing job going dairy free for her it must be difficult xx

Poor Georgia Florence also! Pixie do you think she could have reflux? The more I think about it I'm sure Arthur does. And I know it's more common in premature babies. Although I know they don't really count as premature any more?!

Teeny I'm dying to know what you name your daughter!! Are there any names in the running? Can we help you decide!!?!

Arthur had a very sleepy day today. He was wide awake this morning after his feed for an hour or so dishing out loads of smiles. Then he basically slept all day until his feed at 3 when he woke up for 2 hours then off back to sleep again! Some days I really feel like he's still sleepier than your average baby his age. I hate this 5 weeks early thing making me question what is 'normal' and what is not. I met my cousin today her son was born April 20th so is technically about 4 weeks older than Arthur but he was born at 40+5 and I just feel like the difference is so huge! He holds his head steady and is basically always awake. Makes me worry a bit. Sigh

Aptamil to HiPP - I just literally changed straight over - and made up HiPP bottles from one feed and that was it. I did Google it and it said there's not enough of a difference to cause a problem and there's really no need to mix or anything.

Squig I think HiPP has a good reputation for windy and refluxy babies but I don't know any science or research to back that up, it's just word of mouth. For instance I think Arthur has reflux and he's more comfortable on HiPP but it doesn't take his symptoms away completely so it's not a cure or anything x

Managed grocery shopping for the first time since she was born... Thank goodness for the baby wrap.... She slept the whole time!

Attachments

• CYMERA_20160712_154951.jpg
    CYMERA_20160712_154951.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
I still have two tubs of aptamil profutura or whatever it's called so I'll switch over when they finish, we end up throwing out so much formula that it'll be less than two weeks!

Dory - I hope Georgia doesn't have too bad a reaction, don't feel bad you're doing a great job, going dairy free is incredibly difficult :hugs:

Jalilma - she looks so cute snuggled up in the sling!

Our schools don't break up until next Thursday.luckily I only have four of mine for the school run as DD1 is at secondary and so makes her own way there and back. I think I would find it a lot less stressful if it wasn't for DD4, she's still only 2.5 so her walking still isn't the fastest but at the same time doesn't want to go in the buggy, at the moment we're using a buggy board, they're definitely not the easiest of things to use though.

The doctors phoned earlier to ask me to go in and register Arthur as they want to book him a 6 week check up. The HV had said it would be for 8 weeks and so booked an appointment with her at 7 weeks as apparently she needs to do all his measurements and pass them over? I'm not sure whether to keep the appointment with her now as his check would have already been. :)

I'm really not sure what it is. I was thinking growth spurt but I'm not sure what the gagging is all about.

She just won't settle at all :-( I'm so tired and she won't stop! She keeps rooting but at this point there's nothing in there anymore. She's been on and off the boob since 3pm. They're like sad deflated water balloons at this point

Managed grocery shopping for the first time since she was born... Thank goodness for the baby wrap.... She slept the whole time!

Gorgeous! I LOVE a slingy baby!

Pixie - just think of all the milk she'll have to satisfy her need tomorrow. It's so draining when they cluster feed.

I don't know how long G will react for because this is the first time I've really slipped up. She's not inconsolable anymore, thank God, but still trumping and being sick all over. Feeding is rubbish when she's like this because she's on and off because she's uncomfortable.

I've got cramps and I've just been to the loo and I'm spotting :dohh: I felt like my supply was shoddy today and af would explain it.

Just after I posted this I jumped up in desperation and put the telly on. I figured I'd feel less shit about not going to sleep if I wasn't trying to sleep. When I pulled the covers back she was crying and by the time I'd put the telly on the channel I wanted she was fast asleep :dohh: lesson learned!

I'm glad Georgia is feeling a bit better - hopefully she'll be over it in no time. My nephew has a huge number of allergies and I'd he has something he shouldn't it tends to bother him until the next day.

Lil pixie - oh i am not looking forward to when af returns, hope you can have a nap soon.

Im using s26 for ollie, plus ive changed his bottles to pigeon and they seem to help with his feeding and wind has been a lot better!

Dory I never said but I love your avatar of your little cowped girl; so cute! I hope she's feeling better soon.

Also love the other baby avatars- Vaniilla, Teeny, ehj - hope I haven't missed anyone!

Great pic Jalilma :) Róise was unsettled last night so I popped her in her wrap & that really helped but despite thinking I had done it up tightly, I mustn't have as I felt she was lower after a short 5 min each way walk to our local shop. More practice needed!

Thanks Boo, maybe we'll try HiPP once the aptamil is finished. We're using SMA for reflux at night. I hoped the thicker formula might help her to sleep longer. It doesn't! But she is less sicky at night. She just kept being sick yesterday. Only little sicks, but still. Hoping today is a bit better for her!

I want to go out for a walk this morning before it starts to lash as we didn't get out yesterday in the end but it took her ages to fall asleep & now she's sleeping on me. I need to dress & eat, but I'm reluctant to put her down in case she wakes - she fights sleep all the time & is still lamenting a lot in her sleep & keeping us awake at night.

Stuck in waiting for the midwife today. At least it's for the last time =) had a good night. Alice started with a three hour stretch followed by every two. My boob's haven't calmed down yet and are about the size of my head. It's not fun lol. I have stopped bleeding though. Should be happy about it but I stopped bleeding last time after a week and a week later I passed a clot the size of my hand.... it was disgusting. Midwife wasn't concerned and said it was probably why I had stopped bleeding so soon. Hopefully I'm a bit luckier this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->