June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Squig noticed ds doing the lip quiver thing. Looked it up- totlaly normal. Has to do with their neurological system being immature I think it said!

Starlight ds takes a dummy during the day sometimes. Usually if we give it to him at night but he spits it out pretty soon after he goes to sleep. Its more of an awake and gorging himself on milk and it starts coming back out that I give him the dummy. Hell make himself sick eating so much!

And dd had so much hair when she was born but she didn't lose it all. Just the one spot in the back from rubbing on the crib.

I thought hair loss was also normal though. And tinky I'll add you when I'm next on my computer!

Wow I'm clueless about the hair! I'm a bit sad she is losing it. I know that's silly. When does it grow back?

Wow, just been looking at the front page and I didn't realise quite how far ahead of the others Georgia was born. She must have been discharged from hospital before the next baby arrived!

Starlight, Róise is losing hair too. As the others have said, I think it's normal. Also she will rarely take a dummy but on the couple of occasions she has, it's been comfort ducking while preparing to sleep but she spat it out after a few minutes. Because she's bottle fed, I think she thinks we're trying to give her food, which is why she mostly won't take it.

Thanks for all the replies about the quivering!

Rhi, gorgeous photos!

Vaniilla, Róise gets hiccups loads too & they didn't seem to bother her at the start, but in the last week or ten days, she does get a bit distressed by them after a while.

I thought hair loss was normal too and there was nothing you could do about it. None of mine actually lost any hair apart from the back where they rub. I'm really hoping Arthur doesn't lose any of his, I love his dark hair. The midwife after we had him said looking at him she thought that it would all fall out and grow back blonde as his eyebrows are very fair? I actually think I will be a little gutted if it does :(

Love the picture jaililma, I always wear Henry in the sling around the supermarket as well, keeps him happy!

Aw Alice is so cute Rhi, lol at the sock scratch mitts :haha:

Had a slightly better day today with Henry compared to how he has been recently. Im finding breastfeeding really testing at the moment. Hes currently feeding now and has been on the boob for the past 2 hours! Its just constant. Im up and down all night too and getting no sleep, then barely get a break during the day. It was really important for me to bf but theres no way i can carry on like this for months. Im thinking of going to bfing group at my childrens centre tomorrow, although the one in my old area never had anyone turn up to it.

Rhi how gorgeous is Alice! Her little hat is suuuuuuuper gorgeous <3

Starlight it's completely normal for most (not all!) babies to lose nearly all their hair that is present at birth and spend some time fairly bald, and then their 'real' hair to grow through. Exfoliating her scalp will not alter that at all what a strange thing he's said!
All of my babies have more hair around the sides and back and lose it all apart from some stragglers which cling on at the very back by their neck. They literally look like little old men!
I'm quite obsessed with wondering what colour eyes Arthur will have. My husband has brown eyes and I'm blonde with blue eyes. When we had DS1 I was desperate for him to have brown eyes like hubby and sure enough they ended up brown and he was blonde which I thought a gorgeous combination :) DS2 also has brown eyes but his are much much darker brown and his hair hasn't gone blonde at all this summer it's remained brown so I think he's going to be very dark.
Arthur at the moment has extremely blue eyes and fair eyebrows and eyelashes. So now I'm hoping he stays blue just for something different! Think I'll be a bit sad if he goes brown too, not only will I be outnumbered being the only girl but also the only one without brown eyes! :haha:

Angel, Róise's reflux didn't initially bother her but she finds it more distressing now. I think it must be because they're a little 'older'.

Róise does this weird little thing every so often that's like a little tremor or shiver. It only lasts a secod but I wonder what it is. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about & is it normal?

Do you notice her diaper is wet after the shiver.... Sometimes I've seen that associated with my daughter's peeing...

Rhi how gorgeous is Alice! Her little hat is suuuuuuuper gorgeous <3

Starlight it's completely normal for most (not all!) babies to lose nearly all their hair that is present at birth and spend some time fairly bald, and then their 'real' hair to grow through. Exfoliating her scalp will not alter that at all what a strange thing he's said!
All of my babies have more hair around the sides and back and lose it all apart from some stragglers which cling on at the very back by their neck. They literally look like little old men!
I'm quite obsessed with wondering what colour eyes Arthur will have. My husband has brown eyes and I'm blonde with blue eyes. When we had DS1 I was desperate for him to have brown eyes like hubby and sure enough they ended up brown and he was blonde which I thought a gorgeous combination :) DS2 also has brown eyes but his are much much darker brown and his hair hasn't gone blonde at all this summer it's remained brown so I think he's going to be very dark.
Arthur at the moment has extremely blue eyes and fair eyebrows and eyelashes. So now I'm hoping he stays blue just for something different! Think I'll be a bit sad if he goes brown too, not only will I be outnumbered being the only girl but also the only one without brown eyes! :haha:

I find myself doing the same! Sophie has dark hair and brown eyes, Aaron has blonde hair and blue eyes and Georgia has dark hair and blue eyes at the moment. She looks so much like Sophie it would be lovely for her to keep her blue eyes for some individuality. Their Dad has bright blue eyes and thick black eyelashes so looks like he's wearing eyeliner and Sophie has taken that from him.

I'm wondering about H's eyes too. Husband has brown and I have blue. Right now her eyes are blue now (looks like they have lightened since birth, since I thought they looked more on the darker/brown ish side before).

Her hair is a medium brown color but her eyebrows are much lighter. Will her proper hair color be more likely the color of her eyebrows? I'm so curious how it will turn out.

Tink a bf group is a great idea :hugs: I can promise you it gets easier but I know that doesn't help at all. I remember Xander feeding for hours and hours on end. He always fell asleep on the boob and woke up in a rage if I tried to get my boob out so he pretty much napped on me for months. Georgia is nowhere near as bad and has only cluster fed a few times but I find it so much more frustrating because I have Xander to look after :hugs:

Breastfeeding truly does come good in the end. I think it might have been about 3 months in for me last time but there comes a point where feeds take 5 minutes and baby has better things to do that be back barnacle all day.

Rhi I love those outfits!!! Little stunner. If you're uncomfortable feeding either sit in a corner and get your dh to sit next to you as a buffer or maybe take Alice to the car for a feed? We didn't have a car when we had Xander so I had no choice but this time I've gone to the car a few times.

Xander has blonde hair and blue eyes. Georgia's eyes are still blue for now, her hair was black, it's mid brown now and I'm expecting it to go blonde before it gets dark again. Me and Carl were both white blonde as kids and my hair was black when I was born.

The only relative I have with blue eyes was my dad. It makes me smile to think Xander has his grandads eyes. I hope Georgia's stay blue too!

Starlight most Caucasian babies/toddlers (although obv this is a generalisation!) go through a blonde or fair stage when they are little even if they are destined to have dark hair in the end. So it's likely her brownish hair will all fall out and grow back blonde then gradually go brown. My second son was white blonde last year in the summer and it got darker over the winter months and now darker even still despite the sun, and he's clearly going to be very dark brown even though he was blonde last year. It's frustrating not knowing what they'll be like isn't it!

Róise's hair is dark & so are her eyes, but dark blue & lighter than they were at birth. DH & I have dark hair & brown eyes, but there are blue eyes in both our families so you never know!

After not sleeping much the past few days, Róise has slept for about 7 hours - mostly on me - this afternoon! I think she had some catching up to do but I hope now she sleeps tonight.

However, after two says of bank holidays here, my neighbour has apparently decided to start DIY at 9.20pm - drilling & banging. It's still going on intermittently. I'm going to go over & complain if he's still at it when the baby wakes; it's ridiculous! DH is trying to sleep as he'll get up for the first night feed. People are unbelievably selfish & inconsiderate at times!

I never had a blonde phase! Always been brown! Just gets darker and darker. My dd was born with insanely dark brown hair and it's super light now, more of a dirty blonde. And her eyes change so I have no clue what color you'd call them seriously

Yeah after fab afternoon of sleeping, Róise was up at 1.10am, 2.30am & 4.45am but I managed to stretch that out to 5.15 am because that's her up for the day then & we have a wedding today, so no naps! Her reflux is really bothering her. She's been a bit sicky again this morning - this is day 3 now...

Starlight most Caucasian babies/toddlers (although obv this is a generalisation!) go through a blonde or fair stage when they are little even if they are destined to have dark hair in the end. So it's likely her brownish hair will all fall out and grow back blonde then gradually go brown. My second son was white blonde last year in the summer and it got darker over the winter months and now darker even still despite the sun, and he's clearly going to be very dark brown even though he was blonde last year. It's frustrating not knowing what they'll be like isn't it!

Me, my sister and my eldest have all had dark hair from birth. Sophie's hair thinned like an old man but she's always had a lot if hair and I expect Georgia will be the same.

Boo - is she in pain with her reflux? Did you take her to the GP yet?

Aaron's cold had progressed into a chest infection so he was up through the night again for a cuddle and asking all day. I have a thing about never refusing to show love or affection if they ask for it so I'm feeling pretty stretched at the moment.

I can't believe G will be 11 weeks this weekend. I feel like she's suddenly aging really quickly now she's no longer a newborn. I sold some of her tiny baby things on ebay last night :-/

Dory I'm the same. Xander sometimes asks for a cuddle to get himself out of bug trouble because he knows he'll definitely get a big hug.

It didn't seem like there was that long between the Georgias being born at the time! I think because my waters went on the 9th so it seemed like Georgia Lauren had just arrived when Georgia Florence started her appearance. She's 9 weeks old today but is really just starting to have naps rather than sleeping the entire day away and she hasn't smiled since Monday so still very newborny.

Had a great night! She had her last feed at 9.30, went straight in her crib and happily drifted off about 10.15. She got up for a feed at two and back down till 6!!! I don't think I had a one feed night with Xander till he was at least 1!!

She has her injections today so I don't expect it to continue. How did Georgia and Arthur sleep after their 8 week jabs?

Squig I hate neighbours like that! Carl always retaliates in the mornings lol. You should find a diy job to start at 6am! Did you need to go round in the end?

Casey's hair and eyes have lightened a lot since he was born.

Does anyone else's bub still grunt overnight? Casey doesn't do it when he's first put down but does after his first night feed. I wind him after a feed and keep him upright for at least 15 mins before putting him down. He doesn't seem at all bothered by it though and sleeps through it. He's putting on weight like a champ (1lb 1oz) in the last week so it can't be reflux can it? He rarely spits up.

I don't think I've ever put up a pic of Casey so here he is at 3 weeks 2 days old now weighing 11lb!

Attachments

• Optimized-20160713_175143.jpg
    Optimized-20160713_175143.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 7
Also this may be tmi but is anyone suffering badly from piles? Any idea on how best to treat? Mine are bleeding quite a bit - do I need to see a gp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->