June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Rhi that's the kind of night we usually have. It's not perfect but definitely manageable. Fingers crossed it's a good foundation for them to stretch it out from!

I didn't think your boobs would be so crazy after bfing before. Mine have been fine, maybe because they had to build up gradually from expressing to feeding? :shrug: I dunno, but I was only engorged for one day when I gave up expressing and I only needed breast pads for a week. I just assumed it was because they'd done it before!

Had a good night in the end! Georgia slept 11 - 3, then got up at 5.30 and 8am. Both night feeds were less than 30 mins and I only had to put her down once and she went straight to sleep. I was amazed after the afternoon and evening I had with her yesterday!

That's three days in a row she's done a 4 hour stretches at the beginning of the night :dance:

Urgh. I have an appointment today with the team that deals with cbt for depression and anxiety. It's just a follow up to the cbt I was supposed to have last year but was never able to make an appointment :dohh: I really don't want to go but I've already rearranged it once :-(

I'm pretty sure Juni has reflux, she is sleeping terribly now as she coughs, spits up and splutters for at least an hour after feeding and it really upsets her now. One of us has to be holding her at all times. Then again she was always sick but it didn't used to bother her so maybe it's developmental? It is her first "wonder week". I'm so confused.

Angel, Róise's reflux didn't initially bother her but she finds it more distressing now. I think it must be because they're a little 'older'.

Róise does this weird little thing every so often that's like a little tremor or shiver. It only lasts a secod but I wonder what it is. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about & is it normal?

Dory - I hope your dd is feeling better today.

Squig34 - hopefully you're able to get out for a walk today, if not there's always tomorrow, I hope you get more sleep tonight. :hugs:

Rhi - I hope you don't have a repeat of last time re the clots, that sounds pretty yucky! come on health visitor don't keep her waiting all day!

Pixie - Good luck with your appointment, apprehension about going to these appointments is a lot worse then when you're actually there, you'll do great :hugs:

4 hours! wow that's brilliant, I hope it continues for you.

AngelofTroy - I'm sorry to hear that, I would go along to the gp and see what they suggest, they may be able to offer something for the reflux as it doesn't sound like it would be linked to wonder weeks to me :hugs:

We had a 3 hour stretch a few nights ago and that was amazing but sadly not been repeated since, she's up every 2 hours with at least one spell of waking up for a feed, having 20ml and waking up starving 20 minutes later :dohh: compared to ds who was a complete nightmare to feed this isn't so bad.

I ordered a ewan the dream sheep so we'll see when it arrives if it does anything, DH is convinced it's a big waste of money :haha:

Super weird weather - it's raining but there's huge bits of blue sky!

Does anyone know if GP will prescribe ranatidine without trying gaviscon first? Gaviscon just made my son constipated and was such a faff, it just isn't suited to breastfeeding.

Angel, just say you'very tried the Gaviscon - you can buy it over the counter - I did for Róise. It also made her constipated so we stopped it & I'll be asking for an antacid when I go for my 6 week check on Friday. The hv told me about it.

Pixie, hope your appointment goes well.

Vaniilla, we didn't get out for a walk yesterday in the end but we did this morning. Also, I heard great things about Ewan & he really works for some people. We aren't among that happy band though! ;)

Now because I've posted twice close together ladies, please don't miss my question in my previous post in case any of you can offer any info :)

Does anyone know if GP will prescribe ranatidine without trying gaviscon first? Gaviscon just made my son constipated and was such a faff, it just isn't suited to breastfeeding.

They wouldn't for Georgia but I imagine it just depends on the GP. When her reflux is bad she really screams. It's a completely different cry that it really high pitched and urgent and she will arch her back. The GP should help if you're unsure if it's reflux.

Squig - I haven't forgotten your question ;-) I haven't noticed G do it but I remember my others doing it. We used to make jokes about Hannibal Lecter!

Georgia is a bit better today. Still has some symptoms but to a lesser extent so it must be clearing out.

I've woken up with a numb ear. It's so weird lol.

Squig, sometimes H's leg shakes a bit. It's not her entire body though. It looks like a muscle spasm in her leg.

H did a smaller stretch tonight than the past three nights but I should be complaining. She did a 6.5 hour stretch between last evening feed and first night feed (5.5 hours after going to sleep).

Babies who use pacifiers/dummies, do they only use them when sleeping (naps and bedtime)?

Arthur usually only uses his dummy when sleeping, even then he won't always take it. There has been two or three times that I've given it to him when awake but only because he has started crying and I need to make a bottle, that's really not often though as usually I'll make it as soon as he starts fussing for it :)

ahhh just lost my whole post!

so annoying. and i don't have time to do it again! one thing i've learned with multiples, someone ALWAYS needs something!

Starlight - DD has only had a dummy at night , she sometimes just wants something to suck on for comfort and if we try giving her a bottle she doesn't swallow any of it and it all runs down the side of mouth :haha: I'll be using it during the school run today if I need it as something to keep her going till we get home.

She constantly has the hiccups, the health visitor yesterday said they find them uncomfortable and sometimes painful?? I could have sworn reading they were harmless, then again she did also say anti colic bottles are bad!

j gets hiccups every single morning around 5 am. he gets really mad about it. but it's funny because he used to get them the same time when he was in my belly <3

Squig, baby girl had something similar in my tummy. I haven't noticed it since she has been born though. Xx

Signed off by the MW today. My little chunk is now 9lb 12oz! She looks so big for being less than two weeks old. She is a content little beauty though. :) xx

Mommy, you're right! With more than one child there is always a demand for your time. Xx

Thank you mommy I'm here

Casey (boy) 20 June 9lb 2oz

I need to catch up on how everyone is doing.

Squig Georgia's lip quivers like hannibal lecter every day, and her leg quivers like thumper the rabbit. Once or twice her whole body has done it - it was a bit distressing to watch but she didn't seem to notice. I haven't been concerned about it because I wasn't worried at all about the leg and lip and I figured the whole body was the same thing.

Appt was fine, but obviously G woke up screaming hungry so I had to feed her and try to fill in the forms with my left hand and stop a squirmed baby from flashing my boob at the same time.

I feel all the questions about my level of anxiety may have been skewed as a result lol

Teeny that's fab! Are you any closer to choosing a name?

We tried G with a dummy in desperation last night but she wasn't interest at all :-/

There is a name that both DH and I really like. It might be the one! I think I need to test it out at home for a few days to be sure. Why is naming a baby so hard? Xx

My baby was born with a head full of hair but recently some is falling out. The pediatrician said we need to exfoliate her scalp or the hair will keep falling out. Anyone else's baby losing hair?

Teeny, can't wait to find out her name!

All my babies have lost their hair as the weeks went on. Their proper hair then replaced it. I thought it was normal. Xx

I think it's normal for babies hair to fall out and as far as I knew you couldn't stop it ?! My son had a lovely head of hair at birth and was bold by 3 months :haha:

Pixie that is exactly why I get so nervous feeding in public. Babies are just determined to give everyone a peep show haha. Dh wants to go out to some adventure park place with the kids tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I hate having to feed in public. I basically just hermit in my house for months :haha:

Teeny how much longer do you have ? To register baby I mean =)

Have tried Alice with a dummy a few times and got no where. None of my others would take one either.

Got signed off by the midwife =) baby is over her birth weight now =) yayy ! So at least all that cluster feeding has paid off !

This has taken me about an hour to type up on my phone. I have had to put it down at least a bazillion times haha.

Couple of pics =) yeah those are socks on her hands :blush:

Attachments

• received_10209919698257947.jpg
    received_10209919698257947.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
  • received_10209950195620362.jpg
    received_10209950195620362.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 8
I've heard it's normal for their hair to fall out, I have no experience of it though as DS was born with hardly any and although DD has a lot I think it's still a bit early for hers to fall out.

Rhi- adorable photos! I love , love, love the owl outfit :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"