June jewels 2018!!!!

Congrats on everyone’s V days!!!

Oh no Allie, sorry to hear about your throat. I’m not great with some antibiotics either, but I’ve had to get used to them as I’m on them for my whole pregnancy since about 7 weeks, I was with ds too.

Is anyone else super emotional right now? I don’t know whether to blame pregnancy hormones or just accept that things are a bit stressful right now and I’m missing family and friends.

Oh no Allie! Hope they can clear it up with an antibiotic that you can take.

Fx can I ask why youre on antibiotics throughout pregnancy? Just being nosy, sorry :blush:

3rd trimester!!! Yay holly and curious! So exciting! And so crazy, how are we already at this point?! Theres already an October group and I think November too!

Sure you can ask Rach, for some reason they can’t figure out I can’t seem to be pregnant without constantly having a uti, I was hospitalized with one at 20 weeks with ds and then this pregnancy I had a uti the minute I fell pregnant, treated it and it came back at 7 weeks so they just said we’ll keep you on a low dose every day throughout pregnancy just to keep it at bay.

Ugh sorry fx that sounds miserable! Ive been dealing with a yeast infection that just doesnt seem to want to go away. Ive already been through monistat, diflucan and metroconizole gel. Itll clear up for a couple days then the itching starts again. Im suuuuuper stressed about it too bc they swabbed me a couple weeks ago and it came back positive for yeast and bacterial vaginosis. I googled about bv and it has bad pregnancy complications. I was in on tuesday and they told me to try the gel for a couple more days and if it doesnt clear to come back. Im calling tomorrow to be swabbed again. Ive never had any odor or anything, just the itch so im praying the bv cleared up and its just annoying yeast that wont go away. Just bought greek yogurt and trying to avoid all sugar to see if that will help.

Thanks ladies!

FX, that really does suck but at least a low dose and it keeps it at bay! Yep, ah, pregnancy.

Rach, I haven't been swabbed for it this pregnancy so who knows (?!) but I have BV off and on when pregnant with Alistair. Mine was asymptomatic!! They found it swabbing when I had a yeast infection like you. But it came back later even without a yeast infection, and no symptoms. I was super worried but have learned to NOT Google it heh. I asked my OB this time if I should be swabbed just in case and he said no, often times BV will come back positive just because of the change in PH and if you have no symptoms of it not to worry. And since I haven't had a yeast infection yet, I haven't had any reason to be swabbed.

Ugh I know!! So glamorous!! I’m ok as long as I’m on the antibiotics, but the minute I stop them it comes back.

Oh no! Yeast infection sounds horrible, usually the cream sorts it out for me (had one while ttc and even passed it to dh) have you treated your dh as well? He can just pass it back to you so worth getting him treated too. Hope the bv has cleared up for you, I’ve not had that. Sorry it’s all stressing you out but hopefully it will all clear up soon. Drinking probiotics might help as well, totally sorted my iffy stomach out so it might be worth trying! And you’ve probably done it already, but hot washing all the towels and bedding etc

Thanks fx. Ive not been regular in taking my probiotic but am going to try now. I went in today and they swabbed me again. She said theres definitely still yeast and since its recurrent she put me on a 3 dose diflucan instead of the usual 1 day pill. She also gave more metrogel. Soooo hoping this is the end of it! I have to wait for the results on the bv culture. Hopefully theyll be back tomorrow and i can get on antibiotics right away for that too if i still have it. Ugh!

But on the positive side ive been feeling physically better(besides down below) the last few days and have been able to function normally. Woo! Heres my v-day pic (2 days late)

Attachments

• 2A4C134F-F0E5-41A0-A331-F86589647CF2.jpg
    2A4C134F-F0E5-41A0-A331-F86589647CF2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2
Happy V day Rach! :happydance: you're adorable!! Love the bump!!

I had BAD recurrent yeast infections w my daughter. I ended up doubling my probiotics and it FINALLY stayed at bay. I also made an effort to eat yogurt often to help as well! It's horrid!

Thanks holly! Ive been trying to avoid all sugar the last few days and have been eating greek yogurt. Just a waiting game now to see if the meds help.

Holly do probiotics upset your stomach? I started the fanciest probiotic I could find (Align) and ever since I've had an upset stomach. My OB told me to stop them! I had been taking a cheaper Target brand.

Happy V Day Rach, you look GREAT!! :happydance:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Thought I’d add a V day photo! Omg I look huge!!!

My photos never upload the right way round, sorry!

Attachments

• 34A4A49D-9845-48F1-9EA8-8BE7965470A6.jpg
    34A4A49D-9845-48F1-9EA8-8BE7965470A6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
Oh no, yeast infections aren't fun at all. I've just found I've had such an increase in CM it's not nice at all, I seem to be changing my undies a couple of times a day!

We've been to spend some of our vouchers we had today and bought loads of baby things like a bouncy chair, nappy bin, some clothes. It's been nice to go out with OH and get some stuff.
I'm feeling a bit of a struggle with how I look still, I really want to feel more confident in my appearance but I can't. I know people find it weird I'm not in love with my pregnancy body and I've had to reassure OH that it's not that I don't want to be pregnant, I just find it really difficult going. I'll see if I can post my bump pic.
I think you look gorgeous fx and Rach. I do think other pregnant people looking stunning, I just can't see it in me.

This is me a couple of days ago

Attachments

• DSC_0544~2.jpg
    DSC_0544~2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 9
Pg you are a beautiful pregnant lady!! Honestly your bump is lovely I’m not just saying that. But I do know it’s hard getting used to a pregnant body, I’m WAY bigger than with my ds so I’ve had to try and embrace it.

PG you look great. Honestly. So do you FX! Love your VDay bump.

I feel a lot less sexy/sexual and I'm definitely not overly comfortable (like aches and pains) but I like my bump okay. I wish it were bigger TBH but I still have 3 months to go.

Had a hike today and then laid in the sunshine by the stream. Thought I was doing great so we went grocery shopping. OMG I was so tired after all of that. I'm also nauseous again today. :(

How are your diets everyone? I keep waiting for mine to be normal. I was like 'It will be normal after 1st tri when I'm not sick.' Then I go the flu type sickness for a week, totally not eating normally. Then I a month ago I got my gallbladder attack so it's not normal again. Then I had strep throat this week and it's crap again.

I'm taking my vitamins but I seem to not eat 3 square meals. I eat a lot of cereal and snacks and fruit.....not a ton of meat and veg. :/

My diet isn't good at all. With all the stress at work and the aches aches and pains I've been eating everything sweet I can find. It's probably why I'm bigger than I wanted to be.
I think it's mainly work that's the problem as weekends I eat much better. I'm exercising a couple of times a week.

Me and my daughter have made macarons today. Probably not great since I have a sweet tooth but I find baking really relaxing.

How's everyone else's weekend gone?

Pg and fx you both have super cute bumps!

I’ve been trying to eat healthy with lots of fruit and veggies and nuts, but DH and I both have a sweet tooth so it’s hard not to eat junk food!!

The last 2 weeks I gained 5 pounds!! Is that normal? I started this pregnancy with a 10lb weight loss and my weight hovered around the same 6lb loss mark for like 4-5 months, and now I’m back to pre pregnancy weight again. So this is the first 2 weeks I’ve gained anything in ages, but my diet has changed so drastically that I figured I was losing weight while baby was gaining which is why it stayed the same for so long. But now with 5 pounds in 2 weeks I’m worried it’s an upward trend and I’ll gain a ton of weight from now until June.

Anyone have ideas on if that’s normal? My GD test was negative so it can’t be that.

I think that's probably normal Sander. When I last weighed myself I'd put on 2 stone about a week ago. I was upset by it but I did put on 8lb in the first trimester as I had queasiness but I was never sick so I had to eat a lot of carbs to get through the day.

I'm still eating a lot veg, especially salad with my dinner. I just need to stop the cake.
I was big with my dd but I do remember that I was back into my bigger pre maternity jeans within a couple of weeks of giving birth, though it did take a while to lose all of the weight.

I'm more active than I was previously.

PG you look great! Perfect wittle bump. I completely understand about not being super in love with pregnancy bod. I was incredibly miserable after i had my dd. Held onto the extra weight for a year until I stopped nursing. Then worked super hard to get back in shape. As soon as I was where I wanted to be I got pregnant again. Knowing that I might hold onto weight again is a bit of a bummer. But I am much healthier this time around and started out 15 lbs lighter so Im hoping it wont be as mentally tough afterwards. Maybe after babes we can all encourage each other to get healthy and fit!

Sander maybe baby had a growth spurt? I put on a couple lbs quick a couple weeks ago and my tummy exploded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->