June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Increased bowel movement? I wish..... I'm totally the opposite, having IBS anyway I'm normally a bit sluggish but not one movement in 6days, my stomach is agony not to mention rock hard!! All bran is my new best friend!!

The folic acid did that to me at first. I found eating home-made leek, potato and broccoli soup worked like a charm!

That sounds soo yummy. Would love the recipe if you can share :)

Of course! Here goes:

Ingredients:
2 leeks
2 big potatoes
As much broccoli (or any other root veg) as you like!
Heaped tbsp marg/butter
1-2 pints of chicken/veg stock made with stock cubes.
Black pepper for seasoning.

Method:
Melt the margarine or butter in a sauce pan. Meanwhile, chop up the leeks fairly finely. Once chopped, put the leeks in the melted butter on a medium heat and cook until soft, stirring every now and then so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan.

While they're cooking, boil the kettle and make a 1-2 pints (depending on how thick you like your soup) of chicken or veggie stock with boiling water and stock cubes. Stir and set this to one side for a sec.

While the leeks continue to soften, peel the potatoes and chop them into smallish cubes. Then chop up the broccoli into small florets.

Put the chopped potatoes, broccoli and chicken/veg stock into the pan with the softened leeks and boil everything up slowly for about 20 -25 mins. Season with quite a lot of black pepper. If it looks too thick, add some more water (add another stock cube to the extra water if you like salty soup).

It’s cooked when the potatoes and broccoli are soft. Take it off the boil and whizz it all up in a food processor till smooth.

This recipe will feed at least 4 people or one hungry pregnant lady for 2-3 meals in the week. Keep it in the fridge and reheat thoroughly when you feel hungry or need to get your bowels moving!

Hope you enjoy it xxx

Well dr doesn't think I have chicken pox, yay! Altho he said because I've been in contact recently that he will send a blood sample of to check for immunity, if I haven't got the immunity then he will give me an injection to strengthen immune system!

So looks like I'm all clear, had to have my bloods taken again tho, 2nd time this week :cry: lol! DS was with me and called the dr naughty for making me bleed :rofl: then tried to kiss him as we was leaving :lol: strange child!!!

X

YAY! That's such GREAT news! Hope whatever it is clears up soon. You gotta love the little ones and their honesty!

smiffy--- sorry :dohh: I don't know what made me think you were new and I didn't have you yet.

annette- gl with the scan, let me know :)

lilyandbump-- I'll wait for a date :)

2have4kids-- hugs and love. :cry:

Private scan on Saturday. So excited! Not a dating scan or anything fancy, just a normal scan with a couple pictures, just couldn't wait any longer to see the little peanut!

Increased bowel movement? I wish..... I'm totally the opposite, having IBS anyway I'm normally a bit sluggish but not one movement in 6days, my stomach is agony not to mention rock hard!! All bran is my new best friend!!

The folic acid did that to me at first. I found eating home-made leek, potato and broccoli soup worked like a charm!

That sounds soo yummy. Would love the recipe if you can share :)

Of course! Here goes:

Ingredients:
2 leeks
2 big potatoes
As much broccoli (or any other root veg) as you like!
Heaped tbsp marg/butter
1-2 pints of chicken/veg stock made with stock cubes.
Black pepper for seasoning.

Method:
Melt the margarine or butter in a sauce pan. Meanwhile, chop up the leeks fairly finely. Once chopped, put the leeks in the melted butter on a medium heat and cook until soft, stirring every now and then so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan.

While they're cooking, boil the kettle and make a 1-2 pints (depending on how thick you like your soup) of chicken or veggie stock with boiling water and stock cubes. Stir and set this to one side for a sec.

While the leeks continue to soften, peel the potatoes and chop them into smallish cubes. Then chop up the broccoli into small florets.

Put the chopped potatoes, broccoli and chicken/veg stock into the pan with the softened leeks and boil everything up slowly for about 20 -25 mins. Season with quite a lot of black pepper. If it looks too thick, add some more water (add another stock cube to the extra water if you like salty soup).

It’s cooked when the potatoes and broccoli are soft. Take it off the boil and whizz it all up in a food processor till smooth.

This recipe will feed at least 4 people or one hungry pregnant lady for 2-3 meals in the week. Keep it in the fridge and reheat thoroughly when you feel hungry or need to get your bowels moving!

Hope you enjoy it xxx
That sounds amazing

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to make it this weekend!

AFM - I've had some brown spotting lately. I was very very scared as I had a miscarriage and it started that way. They checked by betas and they went from 29,000 to 49,000 in a few days so they were happy and the spotting had stopped. I had a bit more yesterday so they sent me for an early ultrasound just to check everything. Just got home and everything looked great! I'm measuring 7 weeks, 4 days (so only 2 days behind what I thought, but I ovulated late so I'm not surprised by that) and the heartbeat was a very strong 145. We are soo relieved and happy Cubby (what we've been calling the baby!) is doing great so far!!

Congrats on the scan! Spotting is scary but can be totally normal. I'm one of the unlucky ones who gets it all the time. Had it for the first 16 weeks in my first pregnancy and I get it now if I walk for over an hour or if I have to strain hard for a stubborn poo :haha:

It's weird because I know I was ok last time so I'm less worried this time around but in the back of my mind it's like.. What if I'm too relaxed and missing signs that something's not right? Hmm. Only 3-4 more weeks til my scan I guess.

Congrats on the scan! Spotting is scary but can be totally normal. I'm one of the unlucky ones who gets it all the time. Had it for the first 16 weeks in my first pregnancy and I get it now if I walk for over an hour or if I have to strain hard for a stubborn poo :haha:

It's weird because I know I was ok last time so I'm less worried this time around but in the back of my mind it's like.. What if I'm too relaxed and missing signs that something's not right? Hmm. Only 3-4 more weeks til my scan I guess.

I'm sure you are fine - especially if you had it last time. And if you feel ok this time, I bet it will be ok. When I miscarried, I just knew deep down something wasn't right. This time I've felt more positive right from the start, but the spotting worried me a lot. Your scan will be here soon!!

Hey girls just wanted to let you know I'm out of the race. I was signed up for June 7th. Went for my second ultrasound today and babys heart had stopped at approx 7wks 4days (should be 9 weeks right now and had already seen heartbeat with last ultrasound). Go for a D&C tomorrow. I still feel very blessed for the two I have and I truely and honestly wish all you ladies and H&H 9 months!

Thanks ladies. I'm actually doing okay. Don't get me wrong I'm sad & would have def. loved to have this baby, but I had a feeling from day one this was going to happen I even told ultrasound tech before we started today that I dont think there was a heartbeat. I don't think I was ready for another baby quite yet.

Thanks ladies. I'm actually doing okay. Don't get me wrong I'm sad & would have def. loved to have this baby, but I had a feeling from day one this was going to happen I even told ultrasound tech before we started today that I dont think there was a heartbeat. I don't think I was ready for another baby quite yet.

Sorry to hear this Krm, I know what you mean about knowing something was wrong from day 1 - my last pregnancy was the same and also ended in m/c. I think sometimes our psychic abilities (or whatever you want to call it) kick in to protect us and warn us in advance of bad things so we can cope more when they happen. Not sure if that's true, but that's how it seems to me. Good luck xxx :flow: :hugs:

Sorry for the newest angels :( my biggest fear is a mmc at my 12 week scan

Sorry to hear this Krm, I know what you mean about knowing something was wrong from day 1 - my last pregnancy was the same and also ended in m/c. I think sometimes our psychic abilities (or whatever you want to call it) kick in to protect us and warn us in advance of bad things so we can cope more when they happen. Not sure if that's true, but that's how it seems to me. Good luck xxx :flow: :hugs:

Yea I had zero symptoms this whole time that's why i was so negative this pregnancy. With my first two miscarriages we figure out it was due to low progesterone and we solved it and I had my baby girl Audrie. But this time we're clueless, hopefully the test will give us some answers. (sending tissue out for testing)

Yea I had zero symptoms this whole time that's why i was so negative this pregnancy. With my first two miscarriages we figure out it was due to low progesterone and we solved it and I had my baby girl Audrie. But this time we're clueless, hopefully the test will give us some answers. (sending tissue out for testing)

That's tough, but hopefully you will get some answers. :flow:

I am so overwhelmed by the generosity of one of my friends - look what she gave me today! Her son has grown out of them. Seriously, there are so many clothes here I will barely have to buy any basics. :flow: :happydance: Of course if I'm having a girl, I'll just re-home the blue stuff :)

Attachments

• 2012-11-02 17.42.27.jpg
    2012-11-02 17.42.27.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g