June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Had my scan today and I am over the moon! my healthy little baby is so active and my placenta is on the front so I wont be feeling the baby kick too much

that's how i was with dd didnt feel her move till almost 20 weeks. it was kinda frustrating at times :haha:

So, tartlet, sorry for not getting a chance to put up a review yesterday of the belly band!

https://www.target.com/p/be-maternity-beband-assorted-colors/-/A-11084904

Bought this last week. I've always needed a belt to stop my pants from sticking out in the back, so even if the hair tie trick works with my pants (and it doesn't for most of them anymore), it doesn't help that problem.

So, first of all, the woman in the product pic definitely has the band folded over. That's how I've been wearing it. It's looser up top to allow for growth, so it'll be more comfortable unfolded later. For now having it folded provides extra support on my pants and is more comfortable.

It stays put pretty well. If I'm bending down a lot it moves some, but is easy enough to put back in place. I'm not sure if it's how I sit or wiggle around when I'm driving (and I do, dislocated my tailbone years ago and haven't been able to sit flat for more than a few minutes since then), but it does bunch up in the car. It's no worse than how many of my tighter shirts bunch up in the back, so it doesn't bother me.

It definitely works to help hide that my pants are unbuttoned, and feels much more secure than the hair tie alone (a couple of times I used the hair tie plus the band together). Can't wait to be able to try it unfolded when I'm bigger! It does feel like it will stretch without a problem (and I'm using the size S/M, there's a sizing chart on the package that goes based on three things - if your hips are bigger than your waist or vice versa, your pre-pregnancy size and if you're having multiples)

One note - be careful of your pants zipper. If it's sticking out, it pokes right through the fabric and I'm afraid of it tearing.

Pics of folded and unfolded -

https://i.imgur.com/nDSzC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7Zrrk.jpg

Sizing Chart:
Smaller Hips, pre-preg size 0-11 - S/M
Smaller Hips, pre-preg size 11-18+ - M/L
Smaller Waist, pre-preg size 0-9 - S/M
Smaller Waist, pre-preg size 9-18+ - M/L
Pregnant with Multiples, pre-preg size 0-5 - S/M
Pregnant with Multiples, pre-preg size 5-18+ - M/L

Thank you thank you! Glad it's working for you, I'll be picking up one or two this weekend!

Had my scan today and I am over the moon! my healthy little baby is so active and my placenta is on the front so I wont be feeling the baby kick too much

that's how i was with dd didnt feel her move till almost 20 weeks. it was kinda frustrating at times :haha:

glad you felt the baby at 20 weeks- from what she was saying it sounded like 25+ not sure if its because i am overweight- Glad she mentioned it though- otherwise I would freak out around 16-17 weeks

glad you felt the baby at 20 weeks- from what she was saying it sounded like 25+ not sure if its because i am overweight- Glad she mentioned it though- otherwise I would freak out around 16-17 weeks

oh wow i can't imagine it being 25+ i felt dd a couple days before 20 weeks and it was just very small light kicks/flutters (what most ppl were feeling around 15-16 weeks) and then started getting good strong kicks around like 24-25. i wouldn't panic if you dont feel baby right away cause its def muffled by placenta :)

With my dd my placenta was also anterior and I didn't feel a proper kick until week 21 (I just checked my old pregnancy journal). I was a normal/athletic build before I became pregnant and it still took that long to feel. To be honest, either my dd wasn't much of a mover or I just didn't feel much throughout most of my pregnancy. No one was ever able to feel her kick as I just couldn't time it right since she would shift a bit and then do nothing for like an hour. Stubborn baby! Heck, she is still stubborn, though she hasn't stopped moving since she was born so I blame the anterior placenta. Hope you get to feel your lo early and often.

Been sick and vomiting a lot. Doctor gave me diclectin. I took some last night before bed and it helped for the morning but as soon as it wore off...ugh.

I had to take 4/day for any effect. 1 at 7am, 1 at 2pm, 2 at 8pm. That seemed to work better than the 2 at bedtime. The pharmacist recommended that to me.

2 days in a row with morning /afternoons not having bad nausea! Getting worse in the evening but its all good!!

I've had friends with anterior placentas who couldn't feel movement til 26 weeks. One had a 32 week Preemie and swears she never felt movement at all.

Been sick and vomiting a lot. Doctor gave me diclectin. I took some last night before bed and it helped for the morning but as soon as it wore off...ugh.

I had to take 4/day for any effect. 1 at 7am, 1 at 2pm, 2 at 8pm. That seemed to work better than the 2 at bedtime. The pharmacist recommended that to me.

Thanks - I might have to do that. By 11 am this morning I felt so sick again. Took 1 pill at noon, but still threw up around 4:30...

I feel it coming on again so I think I'm going to go to bed and hopefully sleep with beat it.

Sweetmomma - I have actually heard of people using Unisom - I have kidney disease and high blood pressure though so it isn't safe for me to take :(

Anyone talked about names yet??

I've asked DH if we're using the same shortlist for girls names from before or starting over and he never answered me. We do have our boys name picked out though.

We're certain on names. Nobody likes our girl name but we love it!!

We can't really agree on names... but we have a list that is a work in progress.

We pretty much have a boy named picked out, just cant decided what the middle name will be. We cannot agree or even think of a girl name because we are really hoping and praying we are having a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->