June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Yay - baby has graduated to prune today :) :happydance:

I thought this was part of the disussion on names, and that you were naming your baby Prune :rofl:

We like Eric if a boy and Karen if a girl :flower:

Hehehe!! :haha: Well you never know! There are all sorts of names out there these days!

But on the discussion of names, I love the name Alex, or Alexander for a boy. It means 'defender of humankind' - I love that too! The only downside is that I also love the name Alice, and if I have a girl in the future (or the other way round), Alice and Alex sound too similar!

Hope ur ok Kelly!

We have a girl name picked but no boys names so far! It's sooo hard choosing a name we both like, DD was named at 23 weeks, DS was nameless till 3 days old lol! Girls names are easier than boys!

Anyone got a work Christmas party coming up and panicking? First off I haven't a clue what to wear, secondly it's in a restaurant/night club, were having a meal then into the night club, we have a few older members of staff tht go home after the meal but I kind of dnt want to?? I'm abit scared about being around drunk people tho and being knocked into, also I kno when other staff are drunk then I'm gonna be kind of on my own while they dance etc....OH is going as we work at same company but he also gets way drunk and won't want to come home when I want to....ugh decisions decisions!!!

X

My work Christmas party is on the 30th and will have told people by then so no more excuses for not drinking! As for drunk people bumping into me, I encounter much worse babysitting my 3yr old nephew so that isnt something i will fear!

hope ur ok kelly...

Iv stil got AGES to go til 1st tri lol...I only made it into june by the skin of my teeth and will probably go overdue and end up in july lol...

I was one of the last to give birth when I was an august mummy with my DD too. Id love to be an olive :rofl:

DH picked out the name Corben-not sure how to spell it- Korbyn, Corbin, Korben....something like that for a boy- if we have another girl- I am holding out for Bridget

Totally didnt realize that placenta in the front is anterior placenta- lol- heard people talking about that alot- so now I need to check out posts about it- any other complications with it anterior?

I've read some studies that seem to indicate a higher likelihood of posterior (face up) babies with an anterior placenta, but really it doesn't matter where the placenta is as long as its not too close to the cervix (and even if it is low in early scans its not something to worry about since most of them do move out of the way.

Yayy ive got my scan date through!! 5th Dec :-D Excited!!

I got a scan date today too for Nov 26. I will be anywhere from 11wks1day to 11wks6days, so I hope we see something that actually resembles a baby this time around :haha:

They also said they would take some blood from me at that appointment. Anyone know if that's standard at the NT scan and what it's for?

annelisse i have to go for 2 seperate sets of blood work along with my scan im not sure why we have to have a blood test done but my dr just told me it was part of the testing :S

At my hospital the scan and bloods are done together too. It's routine to do it that way I think. From what I gather (my memory is hazy), they do tests for you and baby. It's partly part of the NT screening but also to check you for any infections. They take 4 lots of blood at mine. Which sucks because my veins don't like giving up their blood!

I have to do blood work as part of my NT scan as well. I guess it just goes hand in hand. Mine was supposed to be Dec 5 but the lady actually didn't confirm the appointment so good thing I called to double check - but now it is one day earlier on Dec 4.

My mom has been in Maui for the past 3 weeks and is coming home today. We are going to be telling her the news so we are excited!

Also, my work Christmas party will also be after I've told everyone (thankfully!) Ours is really huge because there is a lot of staff so it is a big dinner and dance. DH isn't into dancing so we don't stay much longer after that starts.

I've got a cold :( took benedryl and still couldnt sleep! I am so congested! Just saw online to take 1 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp cinnamon- hoping it works- the kids both have runny noses too- so going to try it on them!

So I was searching for hospital alternatives because I was told by one OB office that the hospital I was looking into would be about $15,000. NUTS! So I started looking into midwives, etc., and found what is to be the first birthing center in a 250 mile radius, it opens this month, and it's about 10 minutes from where we're moving. I see that as a sign.

And a bonus - if you prepay, you get 50% off, since the facility is new, and we took a loan and have the money up front. So yay for huge savings! Just waiting to hear back from them...

So I was searching for hospital alternatives because I was told by one OB office that the hospital I was looking into would be about $15,000. NUTS! So I started looking into midwives, etc., and found what is to be the first birthing center in a 250 mile radius, it opens this month, and it's about 10 minutes from where we're moving. I see that as a sign.

And a bonus - if you prepay, you get 50% off, since the facility is new, and we took a loan and have the money up front. So yay for huge savings! Just waiting to hear back from them...

That is crazy that it costs that much!! Do you have insurance?

I think it is a sign! I would love to give birth with a midwife at a birthing centre but am high risk so no one will take me on. Hospital for me - but still hoping for a natural birth :)

I think it is a sign! I would love to give birth with a midwife at a birthing centre but am high risk so no one will take me on. Hospital for me - but still hoping for a natural birth :)

No insurance, unfortunately. Didn't realize they won't cover pregnant women because it's considered a "preexisting condition," and apparently in this state, you have to have your insurance plan with maternity added to it for who knows how much extra money for 18 months or something like that before even getting pregnant or they won't cover the pregnancy. It's been a hassle figuring it all out, but it looks like it may work out for the best!

I'm terrified of a natural birth, but if it's going to save us THAT much money (and that much stress because I'm ALWAYS worried about money!), I'm going to have to put my big girl panties on (or take them off, as the case will be!).

I hope for a natural birth for you :)

No insurance, unfortunately. Didn't realize they won't cover pregnant women because it's considered a "preexisting condition," and apparently in this state, you have to have your insurance plan with maternity added to it for who knows how much extra money for 18 months or something like that before even getting pregnant or they won't cover the pregnancy. It's been a hassle figuring it all out, but it looks like it may work out for the best!

I'm terrified of a natural birth, but if it's going to save us THAT much money (and that much stress because I'm ALWAYS worried about money!), I'm going to have to put my big girl panties on (or take them off, as the case will be!).

Is this your first? What is the plan if there are complications? Everyone I know who has a had a successful natural birth (in a birthing center of home birth) it has been their 2nd or 3rd child. My SIL tried a birthing center but they wouldnt take her because she had complications in her first pregnancy and it ended in MC. She ended up needing a C-section anyways so she was glad she had to go to the hospital.

Not trying to rain on your parade- but you should be prepared just in case you need to go to the hospital anyways. That being said, i really wanted a home birth with this baby but my doc thinks i have hypertension and an anterior placenta so she doesnt want me to risk it

Is this your first? What is the plan if there are complications? Everyone I know who has a had a successful natural birth (in a birthing center of home birth) it has been their 2nd or 3rd child. My SIL tried a birthing center but they wouldnt take her because she had complications in her first pregnancy and it ended in MC. She ended up needing a C-section anyways so she was glad she had to go to the hospital.

Not trying to rain on your parade- but you should be prepared just in case you need to go to the hospital anyways. That being said, i really wanted a home birth with this baby but my doc thinks i have hypertension and an anterior placenta so she doesnt want me to risk it

It is my first. They haven't gotten back to me yet so there's still that chance, but I'm hoping it will work out. If I have to go to the hospital, I have to go, but hoping for the best! I know the women working there are prepared for transfers when necessary because they've had to do them before doing home births (I've already stalked their Facebook page to learn a little about them).

My mw tried to convince me to have a home birth at my booking appt. I'm not against them at all but I only bought this house in june with beige carpets so don't really like the idea of giving birth on a shower curtain on the floor......plus I remember my OH and mum saying they were paddling last time after I gave birth to toby lol!! Recipe for disaster I reckon. She was trying to say how nice it would be to be at home with toby as well. As if I want my 2 year old to get that image hehehe!!

I got a scan date today too for Nov 26. I will be anywhere from 11wks1day to 11wks6days, so I hope we see something that actually resembles a baby this time around :haha:

They also said they would take some blood from me at that appointment. Anyone know if that's standard at the NT scan and what it's for?

Yeah it's standard here in New Zealand, and in lots of countries I believe. Here it's called 'first trimester combined screening' and consists of the blood test and NT scan, then the results of both combined give us a 'risk rating' of how at risk we are for a baby with Downs Syndrome etc. If we are 'high risk' then we can undergo further testing if we wish. xxx

My mw tried to convince me to have a home birth at my booking appt. I'm not against them at all but I only bought this house in june with beige carpets so don't really like the idea of giving birth on a shower curtain on the floor......plus I remember my OH and mum saying they were paddling last time after I gave birth to toby lol!! Recipe for disaster I reckon. She was trying to say how nice it would be to be at home with toby as well. As if I want my 2 year old to get that image hehehe!!

You said paddling, I immediately had the image of them literally in a boat paddling in my head. :dohh: lol!

This center has the option for birthing at the center itself or at home, I'm almost definitely going with at the center.

And I got an appt. for the 26th. Yay! I'm super excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->