June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

DH picked out the name Corben-not sure how to spell it- Korbyn, Corbin, Korben....something like that for a boy- if we have another girl- I am holding out for Bridget

Totally didnt realize that placenta in the front is anterior placenta- lol- heard people talking about that alot- so now I need to check out posts about it- any other complications with it anterior?

We've been talking about names for months, lol. We fell asleep talking about it last night. Girls names are pretty easy, but we've been having trouble agreeing on any boys names, although we did find one last night that we might go with if it's a boy.

Sooo... while I don't like that it adds another monthly payment to our budget, we managed to get a loan last night to pay for doctor bills and so we can move. Yay! No more tiny one bedroom and living an hour from his job!

Here's a question - would you use a name that had a meaning you didn't like or agree with? I just looked up the meaning of the one boy's name we've agreed on (Elijah), and as I thought, it's religious. We're agnostic / atheist leaning. Not sure if that would bother me.

yes- i dont think the actual meaning of the names means much anymore- i didnt even know what my girls names meant when i named them

I honestly dont care what the meaning is, lol, as long as I like the name, that is all that matters.

I go for my first official prenatal appt today and I believe I am supposed to get another scan. I'm so excited and nervous!!

Here's a question - would you use a name that had a meaning you didn't like or agree with? I just looked up the meaning of the one boy's name we've agreed on (Elijah), and as I thought, it's religious. We're agnostic / atheist leaning. Not sure if that would bother me.

I think it just depends on the person. I personally would try to avoid Abrahamic names as I prefer names more "native" to a culture, but if I really, really liked a particular name just because of how it sounds, I might use it anyway (I love the name Anna for example). I'm kind of in a weird spot too because I live in Greece and am married to a Greek and while we would both prefer an ancient Greek name, Greek custom dictates that you name the child after the grandfather.. so I dunno what we're going to do. DH's father has a very common Christian name.

I know this will offend someone, but here goes:

I have a baby names book that had a meaning for "Shaneequah"

Toss the meaning, name the baby :)

I aske DH if he wanted to know the meaning of our names we picked. He said the meaning doesn't matter to him!! Our names are Georgia and Charlie.

Just sitting in the emergency room -- I passed out at work. They're going to do an EKG on me!?

Just sitting in the emergency room -- I passed out at work. They're going to do an EKG on me!?

Oh gosh! Hope your ok? I don't know what an EKG is but I hope it goes well.
My mum passed out a few times when she was carrying me and my sisters, it was just normal for her lol
Keep us posted x

Yikes! U ok? dont worry about the ECG (or EKG where ur from!!) its just to rule out a cardiac cause for your blackout. Hope you're ok x

Eep! All the best Kelly! X

As for name meanings. Well... I'm atheist and DH is, er, a wannabe pagan lol
We named our son Toby because we like the name. After looking it up it actually means "God is good" but who cares? We like the name and it suits our boy!

Although if you type Meaning Of Toby into google, it comes back with this:

Web definitions:
a drinking mug in the shape of a stout man wearing a three-cornered hat.
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

:haha:

EKG was fine. Now just waiting to get bloodwork. I am doing fine, just not the way I wanted to spend my afternoon -- I'm so tired!!
Some of you June ladies are entering 2nd tri soon -- sooo jealous!!!

EKG was fine. Now just waiting to get bloodwork. I am doing fine, just not the way I wanted to spend my afternoon -- I'm so tired!!
Some of you June ladies are entering 2nd tri soon -- sooo jealous!!!

I'm jealous of them too. You and I will crossover together. We have the same due date :flower:

Glad to hear your EKG was good. I'm sure you and babes will be on your way home soon!

Hope all comes back ok kelly!!
I'm a little jealous of the almost second tri ladies. But it's not that far away. There's ladies in the first tri that are 4/5/6 weeks and jelous of our olives :haha:

Ohh gracious Kelly I hope you are ok! Let us know the outcome!

Hope all comes back ok kelly!!
I'm a little jealous of the almost second tri ladies. But it's not that far away. There's ladies in the first tri that are 4/5/6 weeks and jelous of our olives :haha:

That's true. When I was 4/5/6 all I wanted was to be 9. Now that I'm 9, all I want is to be 12. Then when I'm 12, all I'll want is to be 16! I guess the waiting never ends...:coffee:

we have our names picked out !! i dont look too much into meanings but our sons name is Adrian Blake, Adrian means "dark one" and Blake means "dark; light" LOL i just found this out today :p our girls name we picked means "wished for child" and the middle name means "beautiful"... so i really like the meanings there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->