June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Hi,

Can you take me off the list please? My little June bug went to heaven I'm afraid :(

Best of luck to all the lovely June bug babys I'm routing for you x x

So we announced it on facebook! I had already told most the important people in my life, but i was waiting till 12 weeks to tell the rest of the world! I decided to use the whole growing by 2 feet- and only 1 person- i very old great aunt was confused- everyone else got it pretty fast!

That is so fun. The important people in our lives pretty much know-- it's just some friends and extended family who don't know. I just didn't want to have to go through everyone getting so excited for our news, and then having to rehash things if we lost the LO. It's hard because a lot of people don't understand that mentality, they say "Aren't you excited?" Of course I am... but anything can happen. I had to end up telling my co-workers sooner than I expected because my manager spilled the beans.

vegasbaby, glad you know what happened. Good to know that it wasn't something that has a high risk of happening again.

I should be getting a call back from my midwife today with some blood test results, just basic ones, but they may say something. And I'll be asking about possibly testing my hormone levels; I had a hormone imbalance as a teenager and I'm wondering if that may still be a problem that could be causing these MCs.

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts. I'm still waiting on the baby to pass, my midwife said I can give it up to the middle of next week, but I'm only waiting until tomorrow afternoon. I'm already bleeding pretty steadily, so if it doesn't pass by tomorrow afternoon, she's going to give me meds to help it. I don't want to have to say that absolute final goodbye but I need to move on...

Also trying to figure how to "un-announce" on Facebook.

Maybe there is something that will show in your bloodwork, hun related to your hormonal imbalance as a kid. My heart aches for you, but I hope that it does pass soon so that you can get closure and try to move on :hugs:

Also trying to figure how to "un-announce" on Facebook.

I know how hard that is! more :hugs: for you! with my 2nd pregnancy we announced it at like 4 weeks and around 8 weeks I started bleeding- at 10 the baby was gone- i actually got to see it alive on the ultrasound and then gone an hour later.... Trying to tell everyone the baby was gone was rough- all i posted was

"Sometimes things happen for a reason, even if the reason doesnt make sense"

most people caught on pretty quick, the ones that didnt sent messages to dh to ask what happened- but I wasnt able to speak to anyone about it for about a month. It was awful- I couldnt even talk to DH, went and stayed with my mum for a month and once things got back to normal we started TTC again

How about a nice poem for your little angel as a status on FB? :hugs:

X

I like these ideas, thank you ladies :hugs:

rowleypolie, oh wow, that must have been hard. We never really talked about the first MC, not sure if we will this time, but OH has just as hard a time with talking about things like this as I do. We waited to announce on FB until we had the ultrasound and had heard the HB, but based on the ultrasound yesterday the baby died within about 2 days of the day we heard its HB. I can't help but keep going over in my head what happened in those 2 days... Even though I know it isn't my fault.

I'm just confused as to why our bodies do what they do... the sac was exactly the size it should've been, it kept growing after the baby died. It all just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe there is something that will show in your bloodwork, hun related to your hormonal imbalance as a kid. My heart aches for you, but I hope that it does pass soon so that you can get closure and try to move on :hugs:

I'm hoping something does show up, at least then I'll know

Jasmineivy, so sorry :( :hugs:

Just logged on to see very sad news for Vegasbaby, Steffnjnuk and Jasmineivy. So really sorry to read this. :hugs: Thinking of you.

Jasmineivy, and Stef I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs:

Can anyone tell me the Facebook group name as I can't find it ...

It's a secret group. You won't be able to find it. There's a couple ladies who can get you onto there. It's great, you'll love it!

So sorry Jasmine :( it makes me so sad every time I see the losses go up :( Vegas I'm glad you got closure and its something with such tiny odds of happening again. I hope the time passes quickly until you're able to ttc again and you get your rainbow right away :hugs: Stef I hope your results come back with some answers too :hugs: My friend who has a daughter the same age as mine lost a baby at 10 weeks a couple months before getting pregnant again. She posted a link to the music video for Natalie Grant's song 'Held' as that provided her with a lot of comfort.

It's a secret group. You won't be able to find it. There's a couple ladies who can get you onto there. It's great, you'll love it!

Ok well whoever's in charge let me know and I'll PM my details, thanks. If you want me that is!

AdriansMama is in charge of the fb group. Pm her for her fb details and she'll add you to the group.

I'd like to be on the fb group so I'll look up AdriansMama! Had an appt yesterday and all is good I guess.. hb there still, phew. Gender scan Jan 3!!!

I got the results back, no help. Only thing off was a minor vitamin D deficiency, which I find odd considering I drink milk every day and the prenatals I've been taking for almost 4 months include 100% DV of vitamin D, which makes me wonder how bad the deficiency is without them. Other than that, nothing seems wrong, but she didn't test my progesterone levels. Did ask her about that, so I may go ahead and do that later.

Here's to the rest of these June babies getting here healthy and happy.

We had another 2 ultrasounds done today - one just a regular internal one, and one external NT scan. They also took about a gallon of my blood to run various genetic scans - I wanted them to run everything under the sun, including the new Materni21 test, which I am so excited that they now offer here. It's cutting-edge and the result of 2 decades of research, and basically tests for all the trisomys with a simple blood test (so rules out Downs, trisomy 18, etc) without having to do an invasive procedure like a CVS or an amnio.
My NT scan came back great, the number was under 1. Now we just wait about two weeks for all the results to trickle in. It was lovely seeing the baby moving around like crazy and I now have a series of 5 ultrasounds that I can make a little progression collage with, starting from week 6 till now. My doc said I can some in as often as every two weeks for a u/s if I'm worried at any time, just to make me feel better, but I think this will just fuel my obsession. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->