June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Phantom can you change me to 4th June please :flower:

Just found out today that I will have my 16 week MW appt then won't see MW again till 28 weeks! I think that's a LONG time to not be checked HB/BP/Urine etc...obv will have 20 week scan but I don't see MW there, only have scan...

I'm sure I has more appt last time at like 24/25 weeks maybe? Plus I did see MW after 20 week scan last time but my hospital has changed....obv MW has said if I have any concerns then I can make an appt or we have a drop in centre on a Thursday morning that you can call in to.

X

Popping on-- "thank" this post if you need something changed/added on the main list. No new angels recently? right???

Thankfully no more angels! :flower:

Phantom can you change me to 4th June please :flower:

Just found out today that I will have my 16 week MW appt then won't see MW again till 28 weeks! I think that's a LONG time to not be checked HB/BP/Urine etc...obv will have 20 week scan but I don't see MW there, only have scan...

I'm sure I has more appt last time at like 24/25 weeks maybe? Plus I did see MW after 20 week scan last time but my hospital has changed....obv MW has said if I have any concerns then I can make an appt or we have a drop in centre on a Thursday morning that you can call in to.

X

Wow that's a long wait! I know sometimes they go longer between appointments for second plus time moms but mine are the same as last time. Though I only see a mw 2-3 times, my other appointments are with my gp or with a Dr at the antenatal clinic (first appointment at 12-14 weeks, and then every appointment from 40 weeks with a Dr). The thing I like about shared care with my gp is that I can see her as often as I want if I think there's too long between appointments lol.

Phanton, can you change my due date from June 11 to June 17? Thank you!!

I need my due date changed from the 14th to the 13th :)

And I need my due date changed from the 13th to the 8th please.

Just heard baby's heartbeat for the first time at 13 weeks! I almost teared up but managed to keep it together. So reassuring. Celebrating with lunch out -- a blueberry milkshake and grilled cheese sandwich haha :). Now for a complete physical on dec 20... Should I be scared!?!

Just heard baby's heartbeat for the first time at 13 weeks! I almost teared up but managed to keep it together. So reassuring. Celebrating with lunch out -- a blueberry milkshake and grilled cheese sandwich haha :). Now for a complete physical on dec 20... Should I be scared!?!

No, I just had a complete physical about a week ago. It is uncomfortable but not scary :) Yay for the baby's heartbeat!

I really want a milkshake now! I haven't had one in years!! Mmmm

What's involved in a complete physical? Sounds ... awkward maybe but not scary?

Just think, a physical is nothing compared to what people will be seeing when you give birth lol, you'll be fine! ;)

I replaced the battery in my doppler today. I really want to try it but I'm so bloody neurotic, I'd freak out big time if I couldn't hear both babies...

When I had my physical she checked blood pressure, listened to my heart and lungs, checked my boobies for lumps, check reflexes, and then checked down below. In her words, she was "breaking me in" for the months to come haha. They swab and check for any infections, check cervix, and she also felt around my tummy to feel my uterus and if there were any tender spots. Not scary...but awkward yeah! You lay there knees bent, legs open... but yeah, nothing compared to child birth I'm sure!

Went to my regular app today and doc said my gtt was amazing but that insulin intolerance normally occurs later in pregnancy AND that she wants me to be on a special diet and exercise daily. But she said i was fine so she really got me upset and worried....ugh

Than she said because I am overweight she "wasn't even going to try to look for a heartbeat" WTF??? isnt that why I came here to make sure everything was ok? I was already upset but to have her not even try made me really upset. She said if i was worried and wanted to see the baby's heartbeat I could do an ultrasound, um YES! please...Scheduled for Wed next week. Wondering if at 14 weeks I can see the gender?

Rollie, she sounds very rude! I would be very upset. Are you attached to her or could you switch doctors? And duh, obviously you want an ultrasound if she refuses to even check for the heartbeat!! You go in there to check on the baby for crying out loud! Sorry that happened to you, I am mad for you!

What!? I would have been so mad! I am sorry she made you upset. Good news you have an ultrasound though! I'm not sure if you can find out the gender then - maybe they can give a good guess but I'm not sure?

14 weeks is too early to really be certain as the parts look so similar still, though some techs will give you their best guess. Its not as accurate as 18+ weeks though.

And with my firstp pregnancy the Dr I saw at my 14 week appointment wouldn't even try to listen for the hb, he said it was too early and I'm only 120lbs... tbh I think he was just lazy as this time at my 14 week appointment with a different Dr he tried for 30 seconds and then said "this is too hard" and gave me a quick scan instead. Lol. My gp now has a Doppler though, which she didn't have last time so she listens every time I see her (even if its not a prenatal visit lol). I didn't get to hear it til 17 weeks last time!

14 weeks is too early to really be certain as the parts look so similar still, though some techs will give you their best guess. Its not as accurate as 18+ weeks though.

And with my firstp pregnancy the Dr I saw at my 14 week appointment wouldn't even try to listen for the hb, he said it was too early and I'm only 120lbs... tbh I think he was just lazy as this time at my 14 week appointment with a different Dr he tried for 30 seconds and then said "this is too hard" and gave me a quick scan instead. Lol. My gp now has a Doppler though, which she didn't have last time so she listens every time I see her (even if its not a prenatal visit lol). I didn't get to hear it til 17 weeks last time!

17 weeks? I would go mad! she had a doppler!! it was all preped in the room and everything
This is my 4th pregnancy and i have had a different OB doc each time (military wife) but every time at the 12-13 week appointment they try to listen for hb and i have never had one not find it (except in my MC), I may be overweight but I have a huge bump and its not that "thick" around my bump....wonder if she will try at 18 weeks...if not I will change for sure

Went to my regular app today and doc said my gtt was amazing but that insulin intolerance normally occurs later in pregnancy AND that she wants me to be on a special diet and exercise daily. But she said i was fine so she really got me upset and worried....ugh

Than she said because I am overweight she "wasn't even going to try to look for a heartbeat" WTF??? isnt that why I came here to make sure everything was ok? I was already upset but to have her not even try made me really upset. She said if i was worried and wanted to see the baby's heartbeat I could do an ultrasound, um YES! please...Scheduled for Wed next week. Wondering if at 14 weeks I can see the gender?

That is absolutely ridiculous. They should at least try. What does it hurt to try to find the heartbeat and just tell you that you may not be able to hear it yet? Anyways, I do hope that you get to see a lot at the ultrasound :hugs:

Do these people never learn not to upset a pregnant woman? One day a hormonal woman will turn round and bitch slap them! I'm so sorry you was made to feel that way. Enjoy your scan :thumbup:

Ugh I'm sorry to hear this after meeting my doc today, she was lovely to me. Bad bedside manner makes a terrible dr!

I do have to say though, about the hb, I am very skinny and my dr was skeptical about seeing baby's hb today... She make me promise not to get my hopes up. Sometimes they may be trying to save u from worrying possibly? Just in case they can't find it... But a scan is even better isn't it?? Yay u get to see your little bub :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->