June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Ok, baby did not like being poked by our dr today! I'm a bit crampy now and my low back hurts so so bad!! Has anyone else had kickback pain after an exam??

Completely forgot I was 14 weeks yesterday! Officially second tri wahoooo! Congrats on all the lovely scan pics x

They don't do VEs here while pregnant unless absolutely necessary.

She was just poking my belly to try and find my fundus. Nothing internal or anything. Still it's the only thing I can think of that would cause my back pain.

In other news, 13 weeks and still vomiting nightly. Wtf. Anyone else or all of you better?

Oh strange! No I've not experienced any cramping after them feeling my uterus.

I hope your ms eases soon. How yucky :(

Can you please move me to the 11th of June.....

My scan was perfect baby was a wriggle bum.... but it was so relieving to see.

And I even got moved forward....

Fantastic...x

She was just poking my belly to try and find my fundus. Nothing internal or anything. Still it's the only thing I can think of that would cause my back pain.

In other news, 13 weeks and still vomiting nightly. Wtf. Anyone else or all of you better?

13 weeks here and still vomiting too :( Hope it goes away for both of us soon!!

Anyone not getting the genetic screening tests done?

What does that entail? I did have the nuchal scan which tested for the risk of Down's, trisomy 13, 18 and I think one more but I can't remember. It was a combined ultrasound and blood test. We aren't have further testing done.

I just did, Kelly. I had the Materni21 test done, which tests for all three trisomys, (Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18) and other blood work to see if I'm a carrier for all kinds of things (cystic fibrosis, etc). The Materni21 tests is amazing, I highly recommend it. Unlike the NT scans/bloodwork which just gives you odds of abnormalities, the Materni21 tests the fetuses discarded cells which are present in your blood, thereby testing the actual genetic makeup of the baby without any invasive procedure. It is also 98% accurate, and is the latest and greatest in the prenatal testing arena. As it becomes more available and widely used in the world, it has the potential to eliminate DS. Right now, it just means that you no longer have to do a CVS or an amnio, two very invasive tests, assuming your Materni21 results come back normal. Ask about it! (Can you tell I work in the research field :winkwink:; I get very excited about these things.). I'm a science geek!

So... If it tests the genetic make up of the baby.... Can they tell you the sex from that?! (This may be a dumb question I dunno)

So... If it tests the genetic make up of the baby.... Can they tell you the sex from that?! (This may be a dumb question I dunno)

Yes, the sex is determined with the test, but you can opt not to hear it!

I'm not having anything extra, just the scans as normal and only the blood tests that the midwife did in my booking in appointment. My reasoning is any issues with anything like Downs should be picked up on normal scans (like heart defects). I opted out of the test. X

wow a genetic test that can tell you the sex of the baby? count me in! I dont think they offer it at my clinic or hospital though- too bad! :(

feeling way more calm about the doc app- its not like i have a bad doc just a very stubborn one- anyways i am happy about the scan- like super happy, on could-9 kind of happy- so i dont care about the rest right now! :) lol

wow a genetic test that can tell you the sex of the baby? count me in! I dont think they offer it at my clinic or hospital though- too bad! :(

feeling way more calm about the doc app- its not like i have a bad doc just a very stubborn one- anyways i am happy about the scan- like super happy, on could-9 kind of happy- so i dont care about the rest right now! :) lol

Yes, it can, but there are a few catches. It's a cutting edge test and not currently offered at very many hospitals. Also, you need to be high risk or 35 or over in order for insurance to cover it. I believe it is a pretty expensive test, even with insurance. Doctor's won't order it for the purpose of determining gender alone.

Yes, it can, but there are a few catches. It's a cutting edge test and not currently offered at very many hospitals. Also, you need to be high risk or 35 or over in order for insurance to cover it. I believe it is a pretty expensive test, even with insurance. Doctor's won't order it for the purpose of determining gender alone.

That's exactly right. My insurance covered it w/a $235 copay, I believe, but I am over 35, and to me that is totally worth it. I will be finding out the gender, so we should know in the next week!!!! Can't wait, and I do totally have a preference, but I feel bad about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->