June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Aw what an awesome scan pic! I can't wait to see my lil bambino again. 9 sleeps!
My lil bean is active the last half hour. It's lush feeling little kicks xx

Hi ladies, long time no post! I've started feeling little bumps and kicks the past few days which is so lovely, I can see why they say it's easy to confuse wind and the little taps! I have my scan on the 18th which I CANNOT wait for. I had a scan at 16 weeks and had a potty shot which I posted and had 100 percent (sorry no percentage sign on my I pad!!!) girl guesses, had the classic 3 lines, so we're waiting for the confirmation scan, we've also decided to keep the sex a secret to all but immediate family, nearly everyone in work is telling me to keep it a surprise so I'll tell them they convinced me haha ...... Only 11 more sleeps eek!!!!

Ur scan is 2 days after mine :) I'm so excited too! We had an emergency scan at 16+ 1 and as soon as we knew baby was ok I was cheeky enough to ask if she could see but she quickly said no its too early to tell, which I know is wrong cos private scan offer u gender scan at 16 weeks. Think it was cos it was on eapu and was only a scan to check baby was ok as I had a big bleed. Think she got a little shitty with me for asking. :-(
I was going to have a private one but thought I could be patient enough to wait this time... I was wrong. Wishing away the days x

Have u started buying anything yet? I've been so good this time not bought anything yet but only cos I don't want to buy neutral.

Ps the % button on the iPad is on the 3rd screen of keypad. Press the .?123 button then the #+= button which is either end on the bottom line. Under the return key. Took me ages to find _ key which was a pain as I have one in my email address x

Thank you for that, I'm back on my laptop now, my husband has pinched the ipad to play games!! The sonogrpaher wouldnt tell me it was a girl but she gave me a still shot of between the legs along with a pic! What was the need for ur emergency scan? Glad everything was ok. Where about in south wales ru? I'm south west x

Ur scan is 2 days after mine :) I'm so excited too! We had an emergency scan at 16+ 1 and as soon as we knew baby was ok I was cheeky enough to ask if she could see but she quickly said no its too early to tell, which I know is wrong cos private scan offer u gender scan at 16 weeks. Think it was cos it was on eapu and was only a scan to check baby was ok as I had a big bleed. Think she got a little shitty with me for asking. :-(
I was going to have a private one but thought I could be patient enough to wait this time... I was wrong. Wishing away the days x

Have u started buying anything yet? I've been so good this time not bought anything yet but only cos I don't want to buy neutral.

Ps the % button on the iPad is on the 3rd screen of keypad. Press the .?123 button then the #+= button which is either end on the bottom line. Under the return key. Took me ages to find _ key which was a pain as I have one in my email address x

Loving all these gender scan talks have to admit though even when people point out to me what a scan shows I can't figure it out!

I've started feeling movement this last week too :) love it. I have my scan on 17th. I'm really worried about it, I've been really ill and spent a week in hospital taking all manner of drugs, hope baby is developing nicely!

While I remember, can you change my due date to 6th please jelly? I have a yellow bump too if you want to add that as well :)

I'm sure baby will be fine :hugs: they are pretty resilient. I was I'll in first tri and worried so appreciate how you must be feeling :hugs:

Carly I'm in brecon. It's kinda more mid than south really.
What about u? I went to UNi in Carmarthen. That's south west isn't it. My geography is shite mind.
I had a few gushes of bright red blood at 16 weeks. Scary. But baby is fine. It was some of the membrane coming away apparently quite common. Was quite a large tear but hoping its healed. Bleeding stopped Xmas day but started again nye but only a tiny bit and its old blood so to be expected. Apparently can bleed for few weeks after as long as its not red nothing to worry about. They don't even rescan u to check. Was scared for 2weeks but I've calmed now. As I can feel baby kicking away. And have a Doppler so listen to HB regularly x

I'm getting so impatient waiting for baby kicks, think its because I assumed it would be earlier 2nd time around..... Doesn't help having the placenta at the front

I'm not sure I can't remember I think around 20 weeks as I remember having these feelings but not sure they were movements. I'm just impatient lol it was my favourite part in pregnancy last time I was mesmerised everyday.

It's amazing. Baby foster doesn't kick for long but when he does I lay there saying dont stop. Move again little one. I love it. It won't be long to wait x

Abnala - you sound very similar to me I had bad sickness, low blood pressure , food aversions with JJ. This time 1st tri felt absolutely fine then as soon as I get into 2nd tri I started feeling nauseous and sick, with my ankles starting to swell just this past week. I'm hoping upping my walking and eating better with drinking more and elevating my feet in bed will all help to relieve my swollen ankles as would hate to be like last pregnancy.

My last pregnancy was fine. This one just seems like it wants to drain me. I have hardly any energy. I am breathless just walking up and down stairs etc. but I try eat healthy and exercise as much as my body will allow I go out frequently too but nothing seems to help. My doctor just fobs me off and does nothing so I'm in my own.

Have you had bloods taken recently as I felt like that when I was anaemic with JJ
Im not anaemic hence why my doctor just fobs me off. i dont think he knows

Okay, I have to share a funny story.

We have an acquaintance couple who is due in April. They are very snobby, she writes for a fashion blog, very trendy people ya know. Opposite of me and my hubby.

They had a gender scan at 14 weeks and had a huge fancy gender reveal party with all the trimmings. It's a girl yay!

Well now at 30 weeks and another scan... It's a boy!! Lol.

She was posting like crazy about all the girl things she was buying.

It wouldn't be so funny, but the hype they put into this baby girl, it's so awkward now that it's a boy lol!

Oh god that is rather funny!
I'm not sure I would trust a gender scan that early on!
They must be so gutted, surprised, happy, confused lol gosh it would be crazy. If that were me I'd sort of feel like I'd lost my little girl, they must have planned so much in that time! But at least they have gained a son :) it's a double edge sword situation!

Oh dear ! Least they found out at 30 weeks and not during labour :-0. Lol

We have an acquaintance couple who is due in April. They are very snobby, she writes for a fashion blog, very trendy people ya know. Opposite of me and my hubby.

They had a gender scan at 14 weeks and had a huge fancy gender reveal party with all the trimmings. It's a girl yay!

It wouldn't be so funny, but the hype they put into this baby girl, it's so awkward now that it's a boy lol!

LOL! ^^This scares me! Which is why even though our tech said she was sure we're having a girl, I'm not buying anything new until at least our 20 week scan to see if we can confirm. I don't have to buy much with another girl anyway though, we still have most of my 4 yo's things.

I have a routine OB visit in 2 hours... I think this is the visit where they will offer me the AFP triple or quad screen... I'm thinking of declining it because my sister in law just went through a ton of unnecessary stress from her results. She had a high risk of Downs. Had the maternal blood test done at a perinatal clinic after that and now is >99% sure the baby does not have Downs. Also had a fetal echo to check the heart. She was miserable between her screen and final results. Makes me not even want the screen to begin with. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

omg eekk!!! that has scared me as i had a gender scan at 14+5 and was told boy :-\
id be devestated as im looking forward to meeting my little man.

i wouldnt know what to do.. i hope shes kept the reciepts!

I have a routine OB visit in 2 hours... I think this is the visit where they will offer me the AFP triple or quad screen... I'm thinking of declining it because my sister in law just went through a ton of unnecessary stress from her results. She had a high risk of Downs. Had the maternal blood test done at a perinatal clinic after that and now is >99% sure the baby does not have Downs. Also had a fetal echo to check the heart. She was miserable between her screen and final results. Makes me not even want the screen to begin with. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

I know it's a bit different here in the UK, but my midwife said to me that if I wasn't willing to have further tests or the result wouldn't change us continuing with the pregnancy then to not take the combined test that we are offered here to check DS.

I personally thought I would rather know even if the outcome would be the same, so I could mentally prepare as I know I would be worried throughout the pregnancy if I didn't know.... however I think this is a personality trait of mine I hate surprises and always like to plan for the worst outcome and be happly surprised when things are better than expected.

Hope this makes sense, but it purely depends on what you think you might want to do . Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->