June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Heehee the girl who hates surprises is staying team yellow... Sorry Hun that tickled me :D

Okay, I have to share a funny story.

We have an acquaintance couple who is due in April. They are very snobby, she writes for a fashion blog, very trendy people ya know. Opposite of me and my hubby.

They had a gender scan at 14 weeks and had a huge fancy gender reveal party with all the trimmings. It's a girl yay!

Well now at 30 weeks and another scan... It's a boy!! Lol.

She was posting like crazy about all the girl things she was buying.

It wouldn't be so funny, but the hype they put into this baby girl, it's so awkward now that it's a boy lol!

Oops! LOL I guess that's why you can't really trust a scan at 14 weeks, because things are still progressing and changing so much as far as the genitals. I know I am anxious to know, but hopefully all will be accurate :dohh: I go for an OBGYN visit today, and she will probably give us the paperwork to schedule our anomaly scan... anxious to know when we will (hopefully) be finding out the gender!

Jellycat, somehow I've been wrong on my due date from my ultrasound... Can you move me to the 26th and mark me Team Pink? Thankee :) (note to self, change tickers)

My appt went well, I had a lengthy talk with my doc and have declined the AFP screen. Baby's heart rate was fine and we could hear her kicking away in there. They said the imaging clinic would be contacting me in the next couple of weeks to schedule my anatomy scan, and I go back for a 4 week routine visit on February 5th.

Jellycat, somehow I've been wrong on my due date from my ultrasound... Can you move me to the 26th and mark me Team Pink? Thankee :) (note to self, change tickers)

My appt went well, I had a lengthy talk with my doc and have declined the AFP screen. Baby's heart rate was fine and we could hear her kicking away in there. They said the imaging clinic would be contacting me in the next couple of weeks to schedule my anatomy scan, and I go back for a 4 week routine visit on February 5th.

Hi tartlet -

I think this is a personal decision, and I certainly have a lot of friends who never did any testing. On the other hand, I can provide you with another point of view. We did all the testing under the sun - we tested for downs, the two other trisomys, neural tube defects, cyctic fibrosis, and a few other things that I can't even think of. All tests came out negative, thank God, but I did find out that I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis (I was born in Europe and it's pretty common in the European Caucasian populations). CF is a recessive gene disorder, meaning that only of both parents carriers, then there is a 25% chance that the baby will have cystic fibrosis. My husband had to go in to be tested as well, so the last week has been a little tense waiting for the results. Today we found out he is not a carrier, so all is well. However, I do have to say that I am glad that we did all these tests - and I cannot with certainty say that different outcomes on some of these would not have changed the outcome; for downs, for example, I'm not sure that I would have continued with the pregnancy. It's tough enough raising a healthy baby, not sure I would be willing to raise one with serious genetic abnormalities. In any case, I like being prepared for everything in advance, so knowing that we can rule out a whole slew of abnormalities helps me sleep a whole lot better. But as I said, I know a lot of people who don't agree with me on this and never tested for anything, I think it just depends on your personality and mindset. Excited about your gender scan, I bet you can't wait!

I have a routine OB visit in 2 hours... I think this is the visit where they will offer me the AFP triple or quad screen... I'm thinking of declining it because my sister in law just went through a ton of unnecessary stress from her results. She had a high risk of Downs. Had the maternal blood test done at a perinatal clinic after that and now is >99% sure the baby does not have Downs. Also had a fetal echo to check the heart. She was miserable between her screen and final results. Makes me not even want the screen to begin with. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

I decided to decline with all my pregnancies as I knew it wouldn't change my outcome and I would stress the whole pregnancy if results came back high. My OB said it happens more than you'd think. I so did not want that stress as I worry about everything, lol. God will not give me more than I can handle:thumbup:

Sorry most of you may not know me here:dohh: I have posted since the group was started! I'm reading back to try and get to know everyone :)

Heehee the girl who hates surprises is staying team yellow... Sorry Hun that tickled me :D

:rofl: omg I'd never thought of that :rofl: that surprise id rather have than everyone knowing too :)

Glad everything went well Tartlet!

:hi: mother of 4

Finally got my gender scan scheduled. It's Feb 5th. I was hoping I would get one today but they only checked hb. I am really hoping these next 4 weeks fly by, lol.

Tartlet, I actually just went through this whole debacle with the AFP screening. I just made a post about it in the 2nd tri boards. Title is Good NT, bad Quad followed by amnio if you want to read it.

Just ate some peanut butter ice cream out of the container... Yum! My first real pregnancy craving I think :)

My craving is spaghetti carbonara. Especially from Prezzo! Yummy.

Em have u thought of doing what I'm doing with the gender. Or u think u couldn't keep it a secret. My bestie did it and she told everyone they couldn't tell as legs were crossed. She even told me that and I never once questioned it even though I spoke to her that morning and she was definitely finding out. Xx

Lisa this is what I wanted to do but dh is adamant that if we find out he will tell people as he doesn't like to 'lie' - I think he's just being stubborn..... Tempted to go in my own to a private scan :rofl:

I'd ask Reuben to leave the room if he didn't want to know. Or ask them to write it on a piece of paper. Put it in an envelope sealed and then if u want to look u can or see how long u can go without looking. xx

I'm curious about how it will be finding out the gender. In BC the ultrasound techs are not allowed to say anything. They send the report to the dr within 3 business days and you have to make an appt to get the results.

Does the dr just blurt out what the gender is? I'm wondering if we can ask her to write it down so we can have a bit more of a moment together...

My sonography asked at the beginning if we wanted to know and said she will hide when doing certain potty shots. I'm sure if you were to say they would write it down for you.

Lisa I put it to dh about me finding out and not him - he said no way - he's so stubborn!

Any cravings girls?? I'm addicted to sunflower seeds right now. ADDICTED.

Scan tomorrow! Still undecided if we're finding out or not.

Gd luck for tomorrow NDH!

Ugh I still feel soooo rough, does anyone know if there's anything else we can take other than paracetamol?? Maybe half a beechams/lemsip powder?? Paracetamol isn't doing anything apart from make me sweat like mad...which I'm guessing is a good thing as it will get it out of my system?? I just want to feel better :( Monday and Tuesday DS was at nursery all day but I have him at home with me today and seriously can't cope, he's being very demanding of my attention and I just have zero energy/tolerance....just want to sleep :(

X

Well, our scan will be on February 5th, and hopefully the little one will behave long enough for us to find out. We are definitely looking forward to knowing-- I will finally be able to go buy a few things. I've really behaved so far! Had my OB appt yesterday, and everything looked good- got to hear baby's heartbeat and got my flu shot. Now, if only February 5th would hurry up :haha:

No major cravings here-- pickles are amazing... and today I wanted cherry tomatoes so I am eating a bowl of them. What about the other ladies?

Feb will be here before you know it! I just received the first lot of clothes I ordered yesterday, this is oh first so it was neat to see his expression to a newborn sized sleeper, so sweet I held it up to my belly and his jaw dropped open LOL!

I'm craving junk, pure and utter crap! Ii made myself a deal that I will eat healthy all day at work, since i make horrible nutrition decisions at home! so i have cereal, fruit, veggies, pb & j and yogurt every day at work, than i get home and the greasy,fatty,sugary stuff that I haven't touched in over a year is going in like zombies are after me to take it!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->