June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Jadey: Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Tarlet: My legs have been extremely itchy too. I'm constantly scratching them, it's so uncomfortable. I talked to my doctor about it at my last appointment and she said it was most likely the extremely dry winter air we've been having. Is the air where you are very dry as well? She still took the blood tests for the liver just in case, but it came back Friday all clear, so I guess it is the winter. Hope that's the same for you! I feel you though, it's so awful!

Tarlet: My legs have been extremely itchy too. I'm constantly scratching them, it's so uncomfortable. I talked to my doctor about it at my last appointment and she said it was most likely the extremely dry winter air we've been having. Is the air where you are very dry as well? She still took the blood tests for the liver just in case, but it came back Friday all clear, so I guess it is the winter. Hope that's the same for you! I feel you though, it's so awful!

Glad to know you don't have OC! Yes, it's pretty dry here too, and I agree it's probably just that combined with regular old pregnancy itch. But I'm gonna bring it up just in case... seems my liver and pregnancy don't get along anyway! Oh, and I just the other day found a lotion that is working well for me, it's Gold Bond in the green bottle, and it has drastically cut the itch, hope you can find some relief as well!

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough go tartlet... Keep your chin up, you can make it through the tougher situations!! You are a woman!! :)

Thank you for the encouragement! I sometimes catch myself singing the "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo, lol.

Tartlet how long did it take to get your first scan? Have you chased them?

Well baby brain has officially started. Made chocolate chip cupcakes with JJ this afternoon as its an easy receipe for him to help mix with his plastic spoon, they all looked great as they came out the oven. Wasn't until later realised I didn't add any margarine too them ..... Surprisingly they are still edible but think they would of been awesome with the marg.

My first scan was the only one my doctor has done, and it was my dating scan. They scheduled that in office for the day of my OB physical. They told me that they now do the anatomy scans at a separate facility though, and they send them the order, and that place is supposed to call me to set up the scan. I was under the impression that they were sending the order at my 16 week appt, but I'm now about a week and a half away from my 20 week appt and have heard nothing... I'll probably ask about that when my nurse ever gets back with me beginning of the week.

Ooooh, chocolate chip cupcakes... sounds yummy! My little girl loves to "help" when cooking too, anything I'll let her do.

Thanks for the tip Tartlet! I'll have to check out that lotion. I've been using coconut oil, and while it helps initially, it doesn't seem to last long. I'm glad you're going to get tested for it anyway, it's always best to know :thumbup:

Morning all, any of you on here from Brisbane? My parents are over there on holiday and are in the middle of a tropical storm. They've had tornados and major flooding and can't phone as some of the lines are down. I just wondered if the google images are making it look worse than what it is, I'm praying they're ok. My dad just txt me and said they're in a bowls club until the worst passes in about an hour. Any reassurance appreciated, thanx x
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aging-flood-water-Australia-caught-video.html

I'm so sorry Carly :( how scary for you and them! :hugs: last year the flooding was pretty bad and this year they say its worse :(

Hi I'm in Sydney. I think the storm is moving away from Queensland tomorrow heading down towards us. There has been pretty bad flooding in QLD an yes it looks like there will be more in Brisbane tonight. Hope all your family are ok x

Carly C, hope your family are all ok :hugs: At least they are somewhere safe, when are they expected back? I had similar issue with the bad storm in new York last year, our in laws were stuck in the hotel for a couple of days as bridges and airports were shut, but they were all ok. Let us know if you hear any more news :hugs:

Thank you for your reply's. I know they'll be safe but all I have to go by is the news and google which usually show the more dramatic side so fingers crossed. They only went last Sunday and aren't due back until 15th Feb but they're flying to Perth at some point too. Hope all will be ok for you greenlady and the storm passes without too much damage. We don't know how lucky we are in the UK, we never get extreme weather like some other countries get but we seem to moan more than others about the weather!
Will let u know if I hear anything else, it won't b for a while as its heading for night time there. X

Carly, hope your family are okay!

Tartlet, sorry to hear your suffering :( hope you find some sort of relief soon x

Congrats on the boy Jadey!

I've been on a photo shoot today, was abit dubious as I don't exactly feel very glamorous at the moment but we had a fab time, went with my mum and my sister, was really lovely and got some cute photos!

Heres a few of my favourite pictures! :D Apologies if they are really big

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/ukmissy14/Montage2_zps5e686722.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/ukmissy14/DSC_8970_zps6b3d9892.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/ukmissy14/NIK_1402a_zpsd395ccc2.jpg

x

Ahhh gorgeous photos you look so Much like your mum. When is your sister due?

Total baby brain for me, Dow weeks thought consultant and midwife appointment was tomorrow but it's Tuesday lucky it's that way round and not the other as I would of missed it!

Mellie those are lovely.. such lovely ways of sharing your bumps.

afm- my 18 week bump today i feel huge!!
18 weeks.jpg

Oh how lovely to be due the same day! Close cousin friends adorable

Wow you're due the same day? How crazy is that!

Mellie lovely pics. And so nice u and ur sister r pregnant together and so close in dates. Lots of coffee mornings together this summer then.
I love ur hair. I miss my long hair! It's growing a bit now thought. It's a long bob now. Nearly cut it back short the other day but its so easy chucking it up in a pony on the morning I can't be arsed. And will be good in labour having it up out the way.

I finally picked my pram up this week. Damn snow stopped me for over a week.

https://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg584/lisa_loo82/6A864EF3-C4DC-4A72-B86A-BE97249F4647-5439-00000537A7002755.jpg

https://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg584/lisa_loo82/F1D3EC09-D5EB-4947-8CC7-A7E03D3B8F92-5439-0000053796C6DFBA.jpg

Omg just re read that. I thought u said ur sister is due same day as jellycat but realised u meant ur due same day as each other. Wow how awesome. R u both having boys x

Thanks girls!

Yep same day, both 4th June and shes team yellow so we don't know what shes having yet, I have a feeling she is having a girl! Yep lots of summer play dates indeed, I can't wait! Our first LOs are 6 weeks apart also....we had due dates 4 weeks apart though so we have shared pregnancies before....everyone jokes that we call each other up to discuss when to have a baby :rofl:

Oh and yep love my hair at the moment, its really healthy and thick because i'm not loosing much of it! I have a feeling it will get on my nerves during labour but just plan to put it in a bun or something....i've been tempted to cut it short a few times but its taken me ages to get it this long and I really want to have long hair for our wedding in May 2014 so gotta bare with it! lol

Love your pram, so cute!

Cute bump Sweetpea :D

NDH yep very crazy, we keep saying we could go to the papers/magazine if we end up having them the same day :lol: both mine were early though and her 1st LO was a few days late so I reckon there will be 1-2 weeks between them....will still be lovely though!

x

Lovely pics Mellie. My sister is also pregnant but she's 13weeks ahead of me. I love being pregnant the same time as her coz we're so close anyway. She's having a boy and me girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->