June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

At my consultant appointment he just took my blood pressure, checked the heart beats and asked if I had any questions. I only had like one so I'm making a list for next week lol

re: prams, I really reallly like the icandy prams as well, but when i looked online here in the u.s. specifically in Iowa, and it was over $1000 us dollars! i nearly fell out of my chair!

hope you ladies having consultant appointments are having good experiences!

is anyone still really really really tired?! like getting out of your car and going in house at the end of the day just seems like a monumental task? i am just so pooped when i get home, i don't have the energy to spend time with boys! just wondered if anyone is still having extra fatigue or if i'm a lone ranger. i'm going today to have thyroid levels looked at to make sure that's not a factor.

At my consultant appointment he just took my blood pressure, checked the heart beats and asked if I had any questions. I only had like one so I'm making a list for next week lol

i'm doing that for my next appt, i can never remember what i wanted to ask, and than i leave and i think doh! cannot believe i forgot again! lol

Just got a call, anatomy scan is Thursday at 2:00! I will be 19 + 1. Hoping to see a healthy baby and hoping to confirm Team Pink :)

Oh, and I also had blood drawn today to check my liver enzymes and bile salts to check for cholestasis developing. I will update with results when I get them.

Yay glad u got ur scan through tartlet, hope ur tests come back ok

Sumday3 I'm also still quite tired, easily asleep most nights by 10 although recently I haven't been as tired as I have been off work so had time to relax...hopefully ur tired ness will pass soon!

Happy 19 weeks 3beans....22 weeks for me today eeeek!! It's going too fast this pregnancy!

X

Sumday - I still feel like I need to sleep at midday and do at weekends that seems to be my catchup time for the week.

Tartlet hope the bloods come back ok, glad your scan came through

Mellie 22 weeks it's going so quickly!

Afm - consultant appointment went well lot more thorough than the midwife, been booked for gtt and growth scan at 34 weeks.

I've wanted the icandy ever since I had my son so this time I just had to have it. I don't drive and live in a small town in Wales so will be using it everyday as have to take my son to school. And I'm hoping to have a 3rd as 2nd is a boy also so will get plenty of use. I do agree it is a lot of money to spend but I got 2nd hand although its practically brand new with tags on. I got it for £500 instead of 800. Just need bag and foot muff so will prob spend 650 instead of well over £1000 so I've had a good bargain I think. W r lucky my husband is in the army and since having our 1st has been promoted two ranks, he's nearly a sgt major now so extremely lucky to have the extra pennies. So the reward for us only seeing him 10weeks in 12 months in 2012 is a beautiful pram :haha:
There r some gorgeous others out there tho, mamas and papas have a fab sale on at min. 50% off the sola which is cute x

Lisa you only got to see your hunny 10 weeks in 2012?!! Wow you are one strong woman! I hope this year has a bit more together time! I would miss my DH so much I might die!

Yeah the joys of army life. He got posted to afghan for 6months nov 2011 home June 2012 then posted to Cyprus July. Managed to finally... After 18months of trying .... Fall preg in sept 2012 and didn't see him from prob the day we conceived til day before 12 weeks scan. Even had to give him the bfp news over FaceTime. It's hard we read bedtime stories to our 5 year old using the iPad and speak most days on that. Thank god for modern day technology at least. He's hoping to get a posting back to Wales where we live before baby arrives in June. Then he would be based here for 2.5 years so some nice family time.
I could have gone with him to Cyprus in July but he was away on exercise etc so much for the rest of the year I actually would see him more staying in uk. He went back to work jan 5th and won't see him til march. Hoping a little earlier tho. I'm sure he's loving missing my hormonal bitch fits this time but certainly missing Alfie and the nice non stroppy me :haha: x

When are you working mums/mums to be plan to start maternity leave? And how long will you have off? Will you go back same hours or less?

Lisa :hugs: hopefully he'll get a good posting back in the uk

Ttcnewb - first baby worked upto 35 weeks then used holiday, then mat started. I'm going to do something similar this time work upto about 35 weeks then take 4 1/2 weeks holiday and start maternity leave on EDD only because I went two weeks overdue last time do confident I'd be the same or there abouts this time. My maternity pay is pretty much the basic offering but as I will have two children it works out best if I stay on maternity leave the whole year and then go back to work. Returning back to work I'm hoping to take a days holiday each week till end of year so work 4 days but paid full time won't save us much money about £40 a month (get discount at nursery if full time) but I found it easier to start going back to work and spend some time with the children. What are you thinking?

To be honest I'm a little confused about it all. I would like to finish work at 36 weeks. Hopefully finish on paid mat leave taking 20 weeks on half pay. Then annual leave hoping to negotiate getting it paid at 45hrs a fortnight which should give me another 8 weeks of pay. Then government parental leave payment which is minimum wage for 18 weeks. Then back to work. I work full time now and want to drop back to 45hrs a fortnight in which I'd like to work every second weekend and every Friday and Monday. That way we only have to have the baby in daycare on Mondays. My husband finishes work on Fridays at 12.30pm so our parents will share looking after baby on the Friday morning.

Ttcnewb can you have that much time off before ppl starts? Not sure what the time frame is as I didn't work before DD so I got the baby bonus instead.

I'm taking 7 weeks annual leave from 1st April then my official mat leave will start 13th May I will be 37 weeks then, taking 6 weeks at 90% of my wage and remainder at SMP £135, don't plan on returning to work until baby is 18 months old so will hand my notice in to leave my current job and then look for more work when I'm ready, looking forward to being a SAHM for a while x

I am so jealous of you ladies who are able to take 12 months maternity leave. As long as there are no complications, I plan on working up until I go into labor. We only get 5 weeks paid maternity leave, and I will probably try to use my vacation time to get another 3 weeks for a total of 8 weeks. If I save up enough money I can take a bit more, but it's a struggle as things keep coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->