June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

yay.. my package finally arrived...cloth.jpg:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
its 50 inserts and 50 cloth diapers.
pink, purple, yellow, orange, white, red and sky blue

Nice! We are also cloth diapering :) We will be using AppleCheeks.

Wow 50! I thought I had heaps for DD but I don't think I have quite 50 - though I've accumulated a few since my last count :blush:

I'm making my own nappies for chickadee and can't wait to show them off :cloud9:

i got these ones from ebay from china they are called OHbabyKa, i have a friend who uses them and they have worked for her very well. i have read some bad reviews on them online but found they were not doing well because the people had used hot drying settings. and u r to use a tumble dry or air dry to have them last longer. and this is what my friend does. and they work just as well as the expensive ones. i got these all for 145

thats why i have 50 other wise i wouldnt have gotten that much. i was planning on just getting covers and then using prefolds and the graby thing to hold close.

im gonna do the cloth wipies home made as well.

Wow! $145 for 50??? I have only bought 2 and got them used. I paid $20 and got 4 inserts. I am not planning on cloth diapering, just got them for emergencies.

when they come from china they are cheaper. they are brand new and individually rapped.
i found this by clicking one of the ones she had for like a lot of 5 and was on sale for action, so i clicked her name and she has her own store on ebay itself. and that were i found these for sale in a lot and i didnt have to outbid anyone.

For the cheap ones from China I really like Alva. They're double the price you paid but they have a second row of snaps so the legs and waist can be adjusted separately. I've never gotten as good a fit from ones with just one row of snaps. Plus they have cute prints :thumbup: I've been using mine for just about a year (in two weeks) with no issues.

I still have more to make but thought I'd share some pics of the nappies I've made :) there's nothing in the photos to give size reference, but they're so teeny! No bigger than a newborn disposable.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/Saranna/IMG_20130302_103256_zps95e7a791.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/Roshinda/Saranna/IMG_20130302_103943_zps0f23160f.jpg

these are cute i wanna try and make some if the sewing machine i got will work. how much does the materials cost you by chance ive found some patterns. and want to try it.

The minky I got for $7.50/m (1/2m of each colour, can make 3-4 nappies per 1/2m, more for newborn size), PUL for $7/m, same quantities as minky - maybe a few more as there's no nap to worry about for placement, micro fleece was $4/m which I used as the inner layer. I've made the inserts from bamboo fleece which costs $15-20/m and I used 2.5m, but that's for inserts for 20 nappies and one full layer for 8 fitted nappies.

I should add that I've been collecting nappy making supplies since I was pregnant with DD and have been too chicken to make any til recently lol. I also use the materials to make wipes, breast pads and pads.

Ndh they look awesome, I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that.

I was sooooo intimidated (hence having unused materials for a year and a half :rofl:) but wanted a pretty Christmas nappy for DD and couldn't afford o buy one so I dove in and it wasn't too bad :). Then made her the rainbow one in my profile pic for her birthday :)

well Hun you did well. my hubby asked me what i was looking at last night when i viewed your pic. so i showed him a tutorial on how to make them he was like we need to get the sewing machine fixed.. lol. he is getting really interested in the diapering stuff and supportive.,

Aww that's awesome he's so supportive!

What pattern do you use? They're awesome!! My stash is sitting at 50ish right now but I want to make a few newborn fitteds

Pictured are Darling Diapers free newborn (the two on the top right), Shar's Newborn Side Snap (free pattern - she has several patterns. That's the 4 bottom ones). And two Fattycakes, which is a paid pattern and I love it. I'm also doing fitteds with the BaaBaa Baby free pattern and the Tighty Whitey Hipsters free pattern.

Here's a website comparing most of the newborn patterns available.
https://mamakatdiapers.blogspot.com.au/https://mamakatdiapers.blogspot.com.au/

The nappy stash so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members