June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I'm really upset because my dr called me and said my GD test came back with high sugar levels. I have to go to a GD class in 2 weeks. I hope it can just be controlled with diet... Although even that will be hard for me. I love things like granola bars and fruit and baked treats, those are all my cravings! Does anyone know what kind of changes you need to make with GD? I'm really just so upset right now.

Sorry Kelly about high sugars! That sucks!! Maybe you'll be able to just cut back on carbs/sweets and not need to take meds etc... but yeah only advantage to getting gd is you'll probably have less of a chance of too much weight gain, since you'll be monitoring what you eat more! Maybe your case is mild... we'll hope so!!

Thanks Libby I hope it is mild... I would rather just cut down sugars to control it... I'm scared of having to monitor blood sugar or taking insulin :(

DH got a 2nd interview with a company today- just waiting to hear if he got the job! hes been officially unemployed since wed last week- but they paid us out until the end of the month so if he gets something our money will be right on track- fingers crossed!!! he is there now

kelly- they will have you monitor it for sure- most the time they dont medicate until they give you a few weeks to get it under control. my doc had me monitoring it- and i hate needles so even the small prick 4 or so times a day was awful- so as far as what you can eat: they told me to stay under 45 carbs in a meal- you can still have granola bars but match them with cheese or veges. Make the focus of your meals some kind of protein with little carbs like a chicken breast or steak and eat lots of eggs, cheese, and veges

I'm really upset because my dr called me and said my GD test came back with high sugar levels. I have to go to a GD class in 2 weeks. I hope it can just be controlled with diet... Although even that will be hard for me. I love things like granola bars and fruit and baked treats, those are all my cravings! Does anyone know what kind of changes you need to make with GD? I'm really just so upset right now.
:hugs:
me too, im still waiting for the high risk pregnancy center to call and schedule when my appointment is gonna be.

Mummummum so glad you and baby are OK, that's scary to be in a car accident.

Kelly you could always make your own granola bars too - they're not that hard to make and there would be less processed sugars in them.

DH got a 2nd interview with a company today- just waiting to hear if he got the job! hes been officially unemployed since wed last week- but they paid us out until the end of the month so if he gets something our money will be right on track- fingers crossed!!! he is there now

Great new! My fingers and toes are crossed for you both!!

My glucose screen came back high to so now I have to go do a glucose tolerance test, they say it takes 3 hrs. Not looking forward to that! I need to book it!

I have to call my doc on Sunday because I did the GTT last week and it came back at 140 exactly. I asked my dad (a GP) and he said it might be a good idea to just redo the 50mg one. I asked a couple of people on one of my fb groups and they started going on at me saying "just get the 100mg one, you'll probably have to do it anyway, GD isn't something to scoff at and just because you don't have risk factors doesn't mean you won't get it anyway... blah blah blah".
I got so frustrated at it cuz I wasn't asking whether or not they thought I would get GD, I was asking for friendly advice.

Anyway, as I said, I'm calling my gyno on Sunday to ask her what she thinks, and whatever she suggests I'll go with. Either I'll do the 3hr one to be on the safe side, or I'll just redo the 1hr one.
I'm fairly sure the high result was due to having eaten a banana right before it (they say here to eat a small breakfast before getting it done, and that was the only thing I had time to grab on my way).
Next time I'm just going to do it without eating first. :p

Well my results were forwarded to my GP, who isn't taking care of me this pregnancy. And he called to tell me the results, and said my sugars are high but just by a little... So currently I do not have GD but because we're only at 28 weeks here I will certainly get it in the 3rd tri. Still have to do all the stuff to keep blood sugars regulated, But it's nice to know they weren't crazy high! Makes me feel a bit better! And I got over the fear of monitoring it as well. Just want to do everything to make sure baby girl is healthy!!!

he got the job! it isnt the best job ever but he will at least be working- and only making about $15 less a week- i was hoping it would be more pay but at least it isnt a punch in the gut- $60 a month- and we should manage fine because he is looking at doing a 2nd job- delivering pizzas until the baby is born so we can save up money. I got used to him working all the time so having him home this last week and a half has been driving me crazy

Welcome Yoshy added details from fb, hope you get better gtt results next time

Irvine12 - added you to frontsheet, welcome. I am exhausted after having to go to Paris this week for work I'm shattered and slept three hours this afternoon.

Rowley - great news on hubbies new job what a relief

Kelly/sweet pea - sorry for the bad news on your gtt hope it is OK. Got my gtt Tuesday

Mummummum- glad you and babs are OK after the accident

Ttcnewb - hopefully next test will come back with better results

Afm- after Paris this week and rushing around my SPD was excrutiating yesterday but has improved today with rest. Had a 3d u/s today which took nearly two hours on and off as baby was in a bad position. Jelly is weighing 2lb 13oz estimated birth weight 8lb 13oz exact weight of JJ . all is looking good and is head down already which could explain the start of my SPD .

Got to make a Easter hat this weekend with JJ for nursery , my art making skills will be tested.

Hey ladies - question... how often do you guys feel movement throughout the day? I don't feel a lot during the day - maybe like one or two little ones. In the evening baby is usually more active but really some days it is more than others. I am starting to do kick counts and it stresses me out...

I do have an anterior placenta and the doctor has told me it might be harder - but when I feel big kicks, I really feel them and they can be felt from the outside and my belly moves all around. I have a friend who said she felt her baby constantly around this time and so it makes me worried that I don't really feel much...

I guess just during the day I worry because I never feel anything. And last night when I did do my kick counts, it took almost 2 full hours to feel 6. Some nights I will feel 6 in 10 mintues. Is it normal that they can vary so much? I know to go in if I feel a decrease in movement, but it still isn't consistent for me so I never know :(

Medzi I've been feeling exactly the same . Jellys movements don't seem to have a pattern to them and are very mild and sporadic. Bi put it down to having an anterior placenta. I'm going to go with my gut feel if I notice anything like less than at the moment or unsure will get checked out. Have midwife Wednesday afternoon I will see what she says too

Glad I am not the only one. Some days I don't worry about it but today is one of those days where I'm just really stressing. I just started having to do kick counts and even the doctor said with my placenta it will be hard and probably cause a lot of stress...but that doesn't help me. I don't want to be going into L&D every day! Cubby is usually starting to get most active around 8pm so I'll just start counting then and see.

Let me know what your midwife says at your appointment. My next one isn't for a about 10 more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->