June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Great news rowley! A bit of a pay cut is hard but its so much better than unemployment.

Hey ladies - question... how often do you guys feel movement throughout the day? I don't feel a lot during the day - maybe like one or two little ones. In the evening baby is usually more active but really some days it is more than others. I am starting to do kick counts and it stresses me out...

I do have an anterior placenta and the doctor has told me it might be harder - but when I feel big kicks, I really feel them and they can be felt from the outside and my belly moves all around. I have a friend who said she felt her baby constantly around this time and so it makes me worried that I don't really feel much...

I guess just during the day I worry because I never feel anything. And last night when I did do my kick counts, it took almost 2 full hours to feel 6. Some nights I will feel 6 in 10 mintues. Is it normal that they can vary so much? I know to go in if I feel a decrease in movement, but it still isn't consistent for me so I never know :(

Medzi, I had this too until recently. I have an anterior placenta and it's only in the last week I've finally started seeing Kiddo kick from the outside. He tends to be fairly active on and off throughout the day, and quite often I'll get 10-20 kicks in an hour, but there are other times when it takes ages to feel one.
From what I've read, they're usually settled into a sleeping pattern by now, so a lot of it may be that baby is just settled and sleeps a lot when you're awake.

I know that when I'm giving massages during the day baby is very quiet... I think she is rocked to sleep by my movement. But as soon as I sit down to have a rest or a bite to eat she gives me a few kicks. And when I'm laying down to sleep, oh man that's her time to go crazy. That's when hubby talks to her too, it's sweet it's like they're communicating! Last night she told daddy that mommy is working too hard and needs to take a break, lol! Haha :).

I think they say have a bit of a snack and some cold water and sit down or lay down and then count the kicks... That should get them moving apparently.

Glad he got the job!

I went to the hospital after the accident because I couldn't feel much movement. As soon as I lay on the bed and the midwife felt for where baby was she was off. I really do find she moves a lot more after I eat and lay down so maybe try that and count then?

How's everyone's nursery's coming on? When I can get on the laptop tomorrow I'll post what we have so far. Be nice to see what everyone is preparing x

We're not really planning much of a nursery. We're only renting our house, so it seems silly spending a lot of money on a nursery that we'll just have to paint over and change in a year's time (we just moved in and have a contract til next March).

We're setting up a lot of the baby things in our bedroom (changing table and clothes, etc), and once we decide it's time for him to stop sleeping in our bedroom, I'm not sure where he'll be sleeping. He may well end up sleeping in our room for as long as I continue breastfeeding, because I don't want to have to schlep upstairs whenever I need to BF in the middle of the night.
I have to figure out exactly what crib we're going to get, because I want something that's reasonably portable for times when we want to have him sleeping near us in the living room rather than being in the bedroom, for whatever reason.

Thanks ladies! I got enough kicks during my count yesterday and Cubby has been having a more active day today (I've felt at least 2-5 an hour). Silly placenta!

Our nursery is coming together soo nicely - sometimes I just go sit in there... I hope to get some more of it put together this weekend and I'll post some pictures.

Thanks ladies! I got enough kicks during my count yesterday and Cubby has been having a more active day today (I've felt at least 2-5 an hour). Silly placenta!

Our nursery is coming together soo nicely - sometimes I just go sit in there... I hope to get some more of it put together this weekend and I'll post some pictures.

Oh yes!! Post some pictures, I'm curious : P
I haven't been on much lately.
Since Tuesday, baby Miguel has finally been more active. He even had the hiccups on Wednesday during the night. What a weird feeling, but really cool.

Oh yes!! Post some pictures, I'm curious : P
I haven't been on much lately.
Since Tuesday, baby Miguel has finally been more active. He even had the hiccups on Wednesday during the night. What a weird feeling, but really cool.

Awesome! I am pretty sure Cubby had hiccups the other morning because it was quite rhythmic and constant!

Medzi - I hated kick counting with Toby because he did have a lot of quiet days where I barely felt him at all. I think he was just chilled out in there... Especially as I worked on a call centre and used a headset so he was always lulled to sleep by my wandering around the office and the sound of mine and other peoples continuous voices. I went to the hospital 2 or 3 times for what I thought was reduced movement only to find that he was totally ok. Better to be safe than sorry though!

This time around I have no trouble with movement but kick counting is useless because I don't know who is doing the kicking some of the time. I just kinda go on my gut instinct. They're getting cramped in there though and I'm finding that I already get fewer defined kicks and more rolling and wriggling... Sometimes its hard to even feel from the inside, I can just see my belly move. Very strange.

As for nurseries... Show us your pics! The boys will be in my room for a good long while until their sleeping gets good, then they'll be sharing a room with their big bro so I don't have much to show off sadly.

We're not doing a nursery either. DD is still in with us until we move and she gets her own room. Similarly chickadee will be in with us probably for at least a year unless s/he sleeps through earlier and then will go in with Sara (regardless of gender).

Morning everyone! I've just got out of hospital, I have a UTI and I'm in so much pain! Thankfully got some medicine so hopefully I will be feeling better soon!

Here's what we have so far room wise. The walls are still being sorted before we can start painting and we need to find a tree wall sticker we agree on for the wall with no furniture/window/door.

https://tivohd446.photobucket.com/albums/qq189/puggymumma/AmeliasRoomsofar_zps3665d77f.jpg?t=1364136625http://

I can't wait for her room to be ready for the wardrobe - I have all her stuff in bags in my lounge and I want it all tidy asap!

Jade hope you feel better soon.

We're in abit of a dilemma what to do when bubs arrives! We live in a 3 bedroom and unsure whether to put DS in with new baby or put DS and DD in together and let baby have his own room....gonna play it by ear and see how baby is sleeping etc before we make any decisions

X

We're in abit of a dilemma what to do when bubs arrives! We live in a 3 bedroom and unsure whether to put DS in with new baby or put DS and DD in together and let baby have his own room....gonna play it by ear and see how baby is sleeping etc before we make any decisions

X

I'd guess probably the former option would work out better. I don't have friends with one of each at the moment, but from what I remember from my cousins, I feel like by the age of 5, girls are already starting to not want to be undressed in front of their brothers... I could be wrong though.

Hmmm she's not too bothered at the moment they still share a bath etc and both get dressed in living room in the morning...I think we would only have them sharing until DD is around 7 then we would put the boys together I reckon...the age that two children can share until is 9 in the UK if its different genders

X

My friend had both boy and girl who shared h was 6 and K 4, they both lived sharing. They have just moved house and got there own rooms but think they would of been happily sharing for a few more years.

I'm exhausted, I feel like I'm back in 1st trimester. I don't know if its just from work or apart of the pregnancy. Anyone else feel like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->