June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Mummummum can you ask if your hospital has a mobile/wireless monitor? I was monitored throughout my labour with DD and got a wireless one which meant I was even able to be in the pool.

Hun I am a sweet/chocolate (and carbs) fiend! I seriously scoff sweet things all the time and I still passed my GTT. I was shocked I must admit but it's not about the amount of sugar you eat, just how your body deals with it... So hopefully you'll be ok! Good luck x

That's the truth, although this pregnancy I was close. The last one all I did was eat sweets and I was fine on the gtt. This time is the same I crave sugary goodness but I was just over so the doc has me monitoring

Hun I am a sweet/chocolate (and carbs) fiend! I seriously scoff sweet things all the time and I still passed my GTT. I was shocked I must admit but it's not about the amount of sugar you eat, just how your body deals with it... So hopefully you'll be ok! Good luck x

That's the truth, although this pregnancy I was close. The last one all I did was eat sweets and I was fine on the gtt. This time is the same I crave sugary goodness but I was just over so the doc has me monitoring

i think becouse i was told to lower sugar intake and im not a sugar purson normally but im craving everything sweet. its crazy and not cool when not aloud.

So I just weighed myself this morning and discovered that rather than gaining any weight like I would have expected, I've lost another half kilo, and I'm now at the lowest weight I've been since getting pregnant.
It's still overweight (107.2kg), but I'm a bit concerned about it.

I tried to call my gyno this morning, but couldn't get hold of her because she's out of the office until next Thursday... :S

My mum said not to worry, and I've been feeling Kiddo a ton the past day or two, I'm just concerned about it...

Any of the rest of you had anything like this?

I haven't dealt with losing weight... but your dr should be able to give you an idea about what sort of gain you should be having. I know it depends how overweight you are, etc...

And hmm I doubt my hospital has wireless monitoring systems for the baby but that sounds wonderful!!!!! I hated being stuck in bed!!

I don't think our hospital would have wireless monitors they sound awesome

Yoshy - I think try and speak to your medical team who would you contact in an emergency ? We have an answer phone service or delivery suite to ask midwives questions have you got something similar?

Can I join you? I am due 16 June with our first. I saw the link on the other June thread which I have been dropping in and out of.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Welcome! Is your baby right on track for weight/size/etc? I'm due June 7, but dr is thinking the baby might be big... so may come sooner... I have an appt today so maybe will learn more then, but doubt it!

Thanks libbyam and Jellycat :) Baby is spot on for 16 June, but I have a fibroid blocking the exit so he will have to come out a bit early through csection.

I can't wait to meet him now, I feel huge and slightly in disbelief that there are still two months + to go.

Yoshy, have you been eating differently? My friend who was overweight pre-pregnancy gained practically NO weight during the nine months. Her doctor put her on a special diet, and the theory was that her extra weight dropped off her as baby put it on. They are both very healthy now, but it is probably best to ask your dr about it just in case.

Ambivalent - Ah gotcha, planned section. So maybe closer to my due date than your ticker is showing. But yeah still awhile to go either way... ugh! I am not 'ready' but I am getting more anxious! As in, not very into working at work!!

I don't think our hospital would have wireless monitors they sound awesome

Yoshy - I think try and speak to your medical team who would you contact in an emergency ? We have an answer phone service or delivery suite to ask midwives questions have you got something similar?

We don't have anything like that over here. I usually call my dad, who's a GP for regular medical stuff, but baby stuff is different. I'd be less worried if I'd seen a dietitian or nurse recently, but I haven't seen anyone since before we moved.

Yoshy, have you been eating differently? My friend who was overweight pre-pregnancy gained practically NO weight during the nine months. Her doctor put her on a special diet, and the theory was that her extra weight dropped off her as baby put it on. They are both very healthy now, but it is probably best to ask your dr about it just in case.

I may have been eating differently. I've probably been eating less frequently the past week because we've been trying to cut down on what was in our fridge in preparation for Passover, as well as moving house.
My dietitian said at my last visit (three weeks ago) that it was ok that I hadn't gained anything until then, but that I should expect to start gaining from then until I give birth.

I went shopping this morning and I have fruit and vegetables in the house again now, as well as some more proper food. Hopefully I'll be able to start eating normally again soon.

I had my gestational diabetes and anemia tests done last week and both came back good, so I'm happy! They told me that I might fail because I ate some tortilla chips before hand (they told me that I could eat tortillas, I guess that didn't mean fried tortillas - oops!).

I actually lost a pound at my last appointment. I attribute it to now being vegan. How can you get fat eating fruit all day?? :) Midwife seemed very happy with my weight since at my last appointment she had told me to be careful since I gained 6 pounds that month.

Acne seems to be clearing up a bit, anyone else experiencing this?

I think I'm also starting to nest... I did 5 loads of laundry last night and organized our laundry area in the garage. My husband tried to get me to stop but I just couldn't.

Glad your tests came back good!

I am started nesting - which including a bathroom renovation out of nowhere! haha! I am constantly organizing and cleaning and laundry and the more I do the longer my list seems to get!

I had horrible acne very early on but it cleared up around 10 weeks and my skin has been clear since then! Glad it is clearing up for you!

So I just weighed myself this morning and discovered that rather than gaining any weight like I would have expected, I've lost another half kilo, and I'm now at the lowest weight I've been since getting pregnant.
It's still overweight (107.2kg), but I'm a bit concerned about it.

I tried to call my gyno this morning, but couldn't get hold of her because she's out of the office until next Thursday... :S

My mum said not to worry, and I've been feeling Kiddo a ton the past day or two, I'm just concerned about it...

Any of the rest of you had anything like this?

Yes, the last time I weighed I was down about the same. I have lost 22 pounds so far. I am more overweight though and doc says its great! Baby is growing fine so no worries

I feel ur pain ndh. I'm moving in 2 weeks and its half term in uk from today for 2 and half weeks. So poor DS will be surrounded by boxes for most of it. Hubby is back in afghan for a few weeks and not back in uk til a week before my due date so packing moving unpacking and decorating by myself isn't fun. I feel totally useless as I can't lift anything.

Anyone suffering from heartburn or acid reflux. It's killing me. Every night! And the tiredness seems to have returned but that could be from packing etc x

Oh Lisa :hugs: can your family not help with the lifting? For heartburn mine has gradually started on and off past week or so I chew Gaviscon tablets (strawberry flavour) when mild and Gaviscon advanced when bad - can get them on prescription

Hey em. Yeah family will help as much as they can but both my sisters and their husbands r going away Friday to mond the weekend I move. My brother can't get day of work and my dad will be tied up in the new house as floor needs sanding as soon as we get keys. My mum has back problems and its typical her disk has gone again a few weeks ago. She's normally fab and would have the old house sparking clean for me. But she's struggling to walk and carry her handbag at moment. Even tho she's bad she will try to help knowing my mum and make herself worse. I've had lots of offers of help but would be so much easier having hubby home and being able to drive myself and able to carry boxes to car. It's just all a struggle at mo. we will get it done no doubt but just not as fast as I'd like. I'm so impatient. X

Ps I have gaviscon advance but it only seems to take the edge off for half hour or so after drinking it. X

I'd gO back to the doctors and see if they can prescribe you something better.

Oh Lisa wish I lived nearer to help two preggie ladies waddling with boxes. Hope you manage to work something out.

i understand the nesting i try and do some each day. a little here and there. mostly tiding up for now. it feels more like spring cleaning for me though being its spring here.

I was gaining really quickly but since my GTT came back positive I decided to cut out candy and cookies and cakes... And haven't gained anything since. I was seeing the scale go up every day but it hasn't budged since I stopped with the sugary treats... It sucks but not as hard as I thought it would be!! Baby is a great motivator :)

My bmi was 18.8 before pregnancy and I've gained 20 lbs from that weight... Technically 25 from the loss in first tri but they go by prepregnancy weight so I can gain 5-15 more lbs and that will be healthy. Hoping for 5 only :p

I'm officially on countdown... 30-37 days and I'm on mat leave. Haven't decided if I'll work an extra week or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->