June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I'm looking forward to mat leave. I have next week off and then only 17 working days left!

I've just spent 4 hours baking and icing dd1's birthday cake only for her aunts, uncles and cousins to cancel coming to her party tomorrow. With no kids for her to play with we've cancelled the whole thing. Gutted. We make sure we go to everyone else's occasions and they always let us down. Letting my girl down is too much though and I will be doing something different going forward.

I won't have my girls feel anything like this is about them.

Family eh? Or in-laws at least!

I'm looking forward to mat leave. I have next week off and then only 17 working days left!

I've just spent 4 hours baking and icing dd1's birthday cake only for her aunts, uncles and cousins to cancel coming to her party tomorrow. With no kids for her to play with we've cancelled the whole thing. Gutted. We make sure we go to everyone else's occasions and they always let us down. Letting my girl down is too much though and I will be doing something different going forward.

awww thats awful i hope shes ok? so bad they all cancelled, next time do same to them..haha or maybe not..you're the bigger better person.

yay for maternity leave

i end 10th may, wondering if its too late? i will be 34 weeks...hmm..

awww thats awful i hope shes ok? so bad they all cancelled, next time do same to them..haha or maybe not..you're the bigger better person.

yay for maternity leave

i end 10th may, wondering if its too late? i will be 34 weeks...hmm..

Thanks. The thought had crossed my mind! I'd been talking about her party and cake with her all day. I'm hoping she's forgotten in the morning. I've got to take the banners and everything down too :(

I'll be 34 weeks when I finish too. Wish it was now but better to have time after x

This same thing happened to my daughter for her 7th birthday. It's one thing to let me down but to disappoint my baby.. I won't have it.

Poor little loves :(

Ugh that's so horrid. A lot of my family are the same. They'll either not confirm in case a better offer comes up or they'll straight up say no if their favourite footie/soccer team are playing... Because watching the match is more important.

So far only one aunt has confirmed for DSs party. There Re at least 7 who ivnore Me when i ask id theyre oming or not. The party is on Sunday. I've had to buy enough food for everyone "just in case" when I know they probably jus won't show.

sorry to hear this. sometimes families can hurt us without even trying and dont realize the inpack of what there actions do. even being it a 1 year old birthday and may feel that she wont notice its you that gets hurt in this.

we have the same issue as well, we have come to the point of were we fill we are starting to do things on our own because of issues like that. since we got married my hubbies friends doent come around anymore becouse we have kids and they arent married and still in the party life style. cousins and family can be difficult and we have started trying to make friends through church and play date groups we found in our neighborhood. and start not only depending on our families anymore. we also have come to conclusion that we speak only to our families through facebook and texting and havent seen anyone. we wouldnt mind even moving away to another state becouse it wouldnt be any different and would save our kids from hurt like that.

Has anyone started leaking yet? Yesterday I noticed I had fluid coming out but it was mostly a white color and not really clear/yellowy like I read colostrum usually is. It kind of freaked me out to be honest

Thanks. The thought had crossed my mind! I'd been talking about her party and cake with her all day. I'm hoping she's forgotten in the morning. I've got to take the banners and everything down too :(

I'll be 34 weeks when I finish too. Wish it was now but better to have time after x

awwww im hope shes ok, bless her.
i wish it was now too. i just want to relax

Anneliese... I've started leaking a bit of colostrum. It started at around 18 weeks but it's not gone white yet. I think I've started losing bits of plug though but it's not bloody so it's probably nothing.

wow plug already... i would be concerned if i had at 30 weeks.

i havent leeked yet, as in colostrum. i hope i do soon it would make me feel better in knowing ill do fine with breastfeeding this time around. but mine normally starts either the day of birth or a week before.

Has anyone started leaking yet? Yesterday I noticed I had fluid coming out but it was mostly a white color and not really clear/yellowy like I read colostrum usually is. It kind of freaked me out to be honest

Colostrum can be any colour love, please don't worry! It ranges from clear to some of the craziest shades of orange I've ever seen.

Anneliese... I've started leaking a bit of colostrum. It started at around 18 weeks but it's not gone white yet. I think I've started losing bits of plug though but it's not bloody so it's probably nothing.

Plug is gross lol

I can't believe that in all likelihood ill have a baby in 6-8 weeks (ob has predicted birth between 35-37 weeks) completely crazy how fast time flies

Question ladies, how far along would you feel comfortable going on a weekend getaway? Wanted to plan one for 36 weeks but that's a long weekend, no hotels available. So looking at 37 weeks. It's 2 hrs away from home, not a long way. (For our anniversary.) Should I be ok or should I stick close to home from 37 onwards??

I'd be fine with 2 hours away.

i personally wouldnt. i actually am not walking with my class for my bachelors graduation that is set for my 37 weeks a few hrs away becouse of the what if. im just having my diploma delivered by mail.

Question ladies, how far along would you feel comfortable going on a weekend getaway? Wanted to plan one for 36 weeks but that's a long weekend, no hotels available. So looking at 37 weeks. It's 2 hrs away from home, not a long way. (For our anniversary.) Should I be ok or should I stick close to home from 37 onwards??

I don't see the problem with it. Take your bags just in case though :)

If I'm honest think it depends on totally how well you are feeling in pregnancy. If you would be worrying the wholetime too then choose somewhere closer to home. I know I struggled going to a wedding at 35 weeks with JJ due to needing toilet stops, swollen ankles and generally uncomfortable etc. everyone copes differently.

I wouldn't this time as I was in hospital at 36 weeks last time and had dd at 37 weeks. But last time there were no problems until 36 weeks so I may have booked something then.

I had dd1 on Mother's Day and had organised meals out for my mum and mil. Everyone else ended up going except us! You can always plan and if baby comes early, baby comes early x

Happy easter everyone! I've just demolished 2 hot cross buns with lots of butter and a Ferrero Rocher chocolate bunny, nom! Feel abit sicky now :lol:

Kelly - We went on a caravan trip when I was 35 weeks with DS and if I'm honest I didn't enjoy it, I was really irritable, couldn't get comfy, the drive was horrendous etc... Think it took us about 3 hours to get there? I'd be inclined to give a holiday a miss after like 33 weeks? But it's how u feel I guess! I had DD to look after and entertain as well and a hotel may be different to a caravan haha

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->