June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I am having HORRID heartburn and acid reflux! It is painful. My doctor said Zantac. I just picked some up today so hopefully it helps.

My official last day of work is May 17 - hoping I make it that long. I already have high blood pressure and it is slowly creeping up. Last week they increased my medication dosage :( So might not last as long as I hope....

I guess I'm in the minority here... I can't wait to go on mat leave because I won't likely be going back to work after it ends. I'll be working freelance or very very part time. I just want work to be done already... I'm so tired and sore at the end of the day!

I also can not wait until maternity leave. I have a lot to think about while off as I have been treated really badly at work from management and not sure I really want to go back. Only 2 and half years to long service. They have pushed me so far I would have applied for another job by now if I wasn't pregnant. I will finish at 36weeks and 3days so 8 weeks left. 8 weeks to long! I will be having almost 11 months off. Who else can't wait until mat leave? How long is everyone having? How many weeks will you be?

I've got another 6-7 weeks before I leave. I love my job but finding the commute tough now. I'll be taking the whole year even though I'm on basic mat okay, as having two kids in childcare will wipe out majority of my salary but also I want to make the most of this opportunity to spend with both my kids.

I guess I'm in the minority here... I can't wait to go on mat leave because I won't likely be going back to work after it ends. I'll be working freelance or very very part time. I just want work to be done already... I'm so tired and sore at the end of the day!

Oh I'm excited for leave! I'm just hoping I make it to the end because if I don't, it will be because I'll probably be on bed rest or delivering early which I would rather not have happen...

I am exactly like you - I likely won't go back and right now I already work freelance as a second job and will be continuing that from home.

Jelly, sorry if I missed it hun but how were your GTT results?

I couldn't remember where I've updated or not lol :). My results were 4.9 so well within the top limit of 7.8, was very surprised after the midwife saying I should expect to fail the test and the fact I was borderline with JJ. Very surprised but very pleased. I'm still going to try and follow a low ish go diet anyway just to make sure. :)

Lisa - Ugh on having to move without DH! Esp with your family all being busy! Hopefully your sisters/brother can help get you packed up before the wknd you need to move... I'd want to hire movers, but would need everything packed first.

As for mat leave... well, we only get to take as much time as we have saved up.. or up to 3 months unpaid. So I won't start mat leave until the very end of the pregnancy... either when I go into labour or a day before a scheduled induction. Jealous of those who get to take off more time!!!! I'll have 3 months off total between saved time and unpaid time.

I couldn't remember where I've updated or not lol :). My results were 4.9 so well within the top limit of 7.8, was very surprised after the midwife saying I should expect to fail the test and the fact I was borderline with JJ. Very surprised but very pleased. I'm still going to try and follow a low ish go diet anyway just to make sure. :)

oh good news!!

Im on annual leave til middle of april then my maternity kicks in! Not going back to my old job so thought id take it early to spend as much time as i can with my two boys before baby comes. Im loving it if im honest! I only worked 3 days a week but they was in childcare for those 3 days full time and i missed them!
So spending lots of time together ♥

Whoop! That's awesome news... Bet you're relieved! Kudos for trying to stick to the diet anyway. Yesterday I was at MILs scoffing cupcakes thanking my lucky stars that I passed my GTT :haha:

My blood pressure this morning was 145/97 :( Relaxed a bit and took it again and it was a bit lower, 143/91. Work has been super stressful so I know that doesn't help. I see the doctor on Tuesday but hoping today is just a bad day.

I also passed my GTT which was a surprise, I honestly thought I wouldn't as I was also borderline with my first! Can't believe I'm 30 weeks today, I bet the next ten weeks will fly by! I have so much to do!

Can anyone help me out... My last appointment was on Monday and everything went well, mw went through latest bloods and urine and told me my iron was low and I passed my GTT. When I just looked through my notes it says rule+3 under urine, usually it says negative, does anyone know what this means?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 6
Jade I'm not sure what rule +3 could mean. I know for urine they usually test for ketone and sugar ? But don't quote me on that

Can anyone help me out... My last appointment was on Monday and everything went well, mw went through latest bloods and urine and told me my iron was low and I passed my GTT. When I just looked through my notes it says rule+3 under urine, usually it says negative, does anyone know what this means?

I always have to pee and do a dip stick at each appointment to check for glucose and protein in my urine (which looks like that is what they tested for under the column it is in!). Something must have been present in your last sample. If your mw didn't mention it, it probably is just trace - I am not sure if +3 is high or low... can you call her and ask? I have always had negative with my glucose but I've always had some protein (but I have kidney disease so I always leak protein in mine).

Oh Lisa that's awful having to move alone! I won't have help during the days on Wed-Fri when I want to get the majority of the non-furniture stuff moved but we have a crew coming on the Saturday to help move the furniture and anything that's left. We're just moving to the end of our street so if worst comes to worse I can put DD on my back in a wrap and just walk back and forth with a laundry basket full of clothes and linens etc using my washing trolley.

I'd failed my 1 hour G TT so had to redo the 2 hour one and my results came back normal.

And bub is still breech.

Hi all,

So I had the GTT blood tests yesterday and now have these hideous, sore bruised junky arms. Nice. Did the sugary drink make everybody else feel like vomiting? I hope I pass because I don't think I could face trying again.

We also had another scan to check blood flow to baby, which was all good. It seems he has freakishly long legs and a rather large head. :)

I hope maternity leave comes round quickly for you. I have left work already and am enjoying endless time to nest and rest. Such a luxury, but as people keep telling me, this is the last time we will be able to relax for at least 18 years. :p

Hi all,

So I had the GTT blood tests yesterday and now have these hideous, sore bruised junky arms. Nice. Did the sugary drink make everybody else feel like vomiting? I hope I pass because I don't think I could face trying again.

We also had another scan to check blood flow to baby, which was all good. It seems he has freakishly long legs and a rather large head. :)

I hope maternity leave comes round quickly for you. I have left work already and am enjoying endless time to nest and rest. Such a luxury, but as people keep telling me, this is the last time we will be able to relax for at least 18 years. :p

I seem to be one of the lucky ones... over here the glucose drink has no flavour, it just tastes like sugar water, and they tell you to bring a half lemon so that you can make it taste like lemonade. Mine just tasted like lemonade from a restaurant (they always make it way too sweet here... haha).

I won't be off on maternity leave until the weekend before I give birth, cuz I'm working as an intern, and I have another 220 hours to go before the internship is over. I'm not supposed to work nmore than 80 per month, so I have to hope I manage it before Kiddo arrives.

I was originally planning to take a 6 months to a year of mat leave, (although only the first three months would be paid), but it's looking more and more like I'll have to start looking for a job after the first three or four months...

yoshy - sucks that you thought you'd get to take a long maternity leave and now you are thinking not... I never got to think I'd get longer than 3 months, so it just is what it is... I like my house and my stuff too much... have to be able to afford it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->