June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Thanks ladies, ended up booking for 35 weeks, we'll just celebrate a bit early. I guess I will bring the hospital stuff just in case though!

I have my GTT tomorrow fingers crossed I pass! Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

on mat leave- i work at home- tending kids- i have 2 of my own kids and 2 kids that come at 630 am- i have 2 more that come at 730 and then 2 part timers i only have an hour or so daily- so when the house is full i have 8 kids plus myself. i dont know how to take mat leave- actually i am thinking because this baby is due in june during summer break i will ask some 16-18 year olds to come over and just help me out for 3-4 weeks that way the parents i tend for wont find someone else

DH lost his job for 10 days or so and because he just started a new job, i dont even know if he will be able to take any pat leave. and honestly unless its paid time off we cant afford for him to take time off, i cant afford to take time off (I actually bring home more money than him) he is looking at a night job delivering pizzas- he starts saturday- so we will see how that works and if we can save up some money maybe i will take a week off

Mummummum - oh man, yeah I'd be so mad if I'd arrange a party and only invited family and they all cancelled!!! How awful!! Yes, better to not plan for them to show next time and invite some little friends for your dd instead!

After hearing your guys' stories, maybe its not as big a deal that I don't have family here! Although would be nice to have them around if they came. My mom moved away recently... yet came for dd's bday... and LIVED 5 min away last year and went out of town the wknd of her 1 yr party! So yeah apparently proximity doesn't mean much to people!

Kelly - I'll be 32 weeks when we celebrate our anniversary and still not wanting to be far away from home... but it really depends on the person. I'd check with your dr! For me, sitting down for travel would be no fun... and also not really much I want to do.. walking would tire me too much, sightseeing sounds like too much work... etc. So depends on you. Course, my thinking also involved not really wanting to spend money right now... yet I would have been up to travel before dd because no kids yet.

Sweetpea - oh dear, you have your hands full even NOT prego! Sounds like you are great at handling lots of kids though! Good idea on finding help for a month.... hope you do that!!!!

i think so too :)

yeah i do get an idea what it would be like to have a ton of kids- and it wouldnt be that hard- but the amount of food we go through, along with paper products, and transportation issues would make it impossible for us to have that many. Although if i was born 100 years ago and my family lived on a farm I think I could have managed just fine :)

GTT done now just have to wait for results. How long did everyone have to wait for their results?

GTT done now just have to wait for results. How long did everyone have to wait for their results?

I got them at my following appointment. I figured they would have called sooner if they needed to...

They called me two days later because my test results were positive. If they don't call within 2-3 days I'd say you're in the clear!

I'm soooooooooooo tired! That is all.

Me too! So glad I'm off this week, I couldn't have got up for work this morning!

We've had a stressful few days with one of our dogs. He's not himself, something is causing him pain on and off. We've been to the vet twice over the bank holiday weekend and they can't find anything wrong. It doesn't help that he perks up there like a child does at the doctors!

So I'm now stressing that we've spent unplanned money and we still have to see him not himself. My DH is moping around the house and dd gets upset that she can't cuddle him (the dog) and keeps saying to us that he is poorly. I took her out with my mum while DH went to the vet and she was crying about the doctors in the toy shop (I told her the dog was at the doctors rather than explain the vet).

It's her birthday tomorrow and I really hope he is better for the family day out we've got in mind. Everyone will cheer up then - including our other dog who wouldn't eat when the other one wasn't here. Popular little guy in our house x

Sweetpea - whoops you're right! :)

Ttcnewb - I didn't hear back about gtt results. I had to ask at my next appt too.

Mummumum - oh sorry to hear about your dog!! I hope they figure out what's wrong soon!! Yes, sounds like he is a star in your household!!! Happy early birthday to your daughter!! Mine turned 2 last Friday! :)

Oh man my little guy has been moving a lot lately. To the point where I was laid up in bed after work yesterday sigh. STRONG BH and STRONG kicks/movement made for one sore mama! He's still got some strong kicks/punches today, but less sore so he must have calmed down while I slept. A little bit ago, though, he did like 4 quick punches to the same spot real fast... ouch! But I'm happy... had hiccups down low last night so looks like he's at least turned head down, whoop whoop!!

I got my glucose test results the next day. I had to call and get them because they forgot to call me back, but everything was normal.

Hey ladies hope were all well?

31 weeks today for me, really speeding by now, if we go by history then we will have a baby in the next 7-8 weeks, exciting!!! I can't wait now, pretty much got everything ready :D

Also got 1.5 days left in work then I'm finished for annual leave for 7 weeks then may leave starts :D yay! Been writing lists upon lists of what I plan to do before LO arrives so hopefully keeping busy will pass time faster!

X

Mellie! Yay on not working soon! I'm jealous!! What sorts of stuff do you have on your lists??

Hey is anyone having a lot more or a lot stronger BH lately?? Mine have gotten stronger and more frequent this week and its disconcerting... makes me anxious for the end because then I start thinking hmm is this real or just BH and then I think well hmm maybe I should time these etc etc... when I want to just chill and be patient!

Yep to the strong BH! Sometimes they take my breath away and i sit awkwardly because my bump gets so tight! They only happen now and again so im not worried :)

Thanks Jadey! Yeah I know I had a ton of BH with my first baby, so wasn't concerned when mine picked up frequency this time... except then got to where it was more than just belly tightening like with a situp and more to where there's some slight pain also... I know what contractions feel like and obviously not there yet... but dr did say if I got dehydrated, I could get contractions. Hmm. So I am trying to drink more! I won't call the dr etc though unless the ones that hurt are more often.

I get alot of BH when I'm at work or have a busy day. Having a restful day seems to stop them. Not painful but uncomfortable because they feel so weird!! I do not like them at all. Yuck.

Question: do u find if you have a busy day it tires out your baby? If I'm walking or cleaning or shopping alot during the day she seems to be alot quieter at night and early morning!

I jsut read 31 weeks on baby center and it talked about BH being stronger etc, so guess I'm on track. And how the baby is about to go through a growth spurt and will be moving more... ah how my baby has been moving, ouch!

Yeah I know they say baby moves more when you aren't moving. So I notice movement most at work because I sit all day. Versus walking around apparently puts the baby to sleep? Not sure how that affects the evening after though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->