June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Libby I plan to gut each room of the house have a complete de clutter, trip to ikea for a new wardrobe (we're getting a new wardrobe so baby can have ours) sort out baby clothes, wash them and hang up/put them away, pack my hospital bag, spend a day getting final baby bits (bottles, baby monitor, nappies, changing mat, baby bath and then little things like dummies, a little set of nail clippers, baby files, car seat toy etc), spend a few days with my mum, do some batch cooking for easy meals when baby arrives....hopefully fit a few chill out days in too!

Will have a child free Monday and Tuesday each week as children will carry on going to nursery/after school club so I can get all above done :D then will have school runs and DS weds-fri, hopefully I will get everything I want to done tho!

RE Braxton hicks, mine seem to of calmed down a little now, they were quite bad 18-28 weeks tho

X

I get alot of BH when I'm at work or have a busy day. Having a restful day seems to stop them. Not painful but uncomfortable because they feel so weird!! I do not like them at all. Yuck.

Question: do u find if you have a busy day it tires out your baby? If I'm walking or cleaning or shopping alot during the day she seems to be alot quieter at night and early morning!

Yes Kelly I do find the baby is much quieter and some days its very unnerving! I usual have more aches and pains too on busy days!

Quick question... Any of the twin mums on here finding it quite difficult just now? The fatigue is so bad, I fell asleep for two hours earlier without even wanting to. I was just lucky that DH was home to look after DS. I'm terrified of passing out now when he's. At work.

Hey ladies - so I had an appointment today and have been taken off work early. My blood pressure is getting quite high (it was 143/100 at the appointment) and they have already increased my medication. So now they are telling me stress-rest. Better than bed rest I guess! So I'll be finishing up some loose ends at work and going on short term disability until my maternity leave kicks in. I know I have to do what is best for Cubby but we are in the middle of a big awareness campaign (I work doing communications for a non-profit) and things were getting really exciting....but also really stressful.

I also have to go for an ultrasound to make sure Cubby is getting enough blood flow because of the high blood pressure. They aren't too worried because I am measuring where I should and Cubby is very active and strong but they are going to monitor it.

There is also protein in my urine... I have kidney disease and because of damage I always leak protein, so I have had running lab work every 4 weeks for the past few months and the number is slowly rising. Funny enough my creatine levels (to measure kidney function) have gotten better. Go figure!

Well just got back from drs appt and GD education class. My uterus is measuring 3 weeks ahead and because of GD I'm getting a growth scan at 36 weeks. Then they might induce if baby seems big. But she's head down, good girl! That means its her bum I'm feeling all the time sticking out :p

GD class was embarrassing... As they were showing us the glucose meters I almost passed out. Oh lord. So embarrassing. But the nutrition part was awesome.

I just found out I have gestational diabetes. I'm devastated about it. I have my appointment Tues so I have to wait a week. So no more sweet things for me. I have such a sweet tooth at the moment I don't know how I will cope.

Oy, sorry about the GD, ttcnewb! Any chance you can help the sweet tooth by eating things like carrots or fruit of some sort? (Don't know if they're also problematic with GD or not)

As for the BH, I've found that if I do too much, I get painful ones. Like yesterday I walked from my ultrasound for about 1km, and by the time I stopped walking, I was in a lot of pain. They weren't particularly strong, but they hurt a lot. Of course, once I was able to sit down and relax for half an hour before getting a ride home with my friend, I felt miles better, and they stopped.

Sorry to hear complications are developing for some ladies.

My legs have started to swell. My ankles are 1cm bigger than they have been. I'm on preeclampsia watch so it does make me nervous. I have a MW appointment tomorrow so I'll see what my BP is then. I can't believe I'm 3/4 of the way there now! Only April to grit through ans then I'm home to get ready. Lucky as the nursery is nowhere near ready and we need to get a plumber in to fix the rad and then get carpet fitted.

It's dd 1's birthday today. Make the most of your baby days - they aren't kidding when they say it goes too fast x

Mellie - We've got most of the baby and mama stuff that I think we need... with MIL buying us the monitor since still using our other one for our toddler and also getting us the rock n play rocker. And I'm waiting on the bedding still. Hmm I need to track down the nail files... don't trust myself to use clippers on a newborn... a friend gave us used toys from her son, so guess I am good there. Bottles... won't need those for awhile, but will reuse ones we have along with our other baby stuff. Diapers, waiting on that to see if my work does a shower because that's about all I need (although ha of course not all I WANT). Thanks, I was trying to figure out what I might still need to do!

Oh with watching DS, you won't be bored!

I'm wondering if I can reuse the pacifiers from my daughter???

Medzi!! Oh dear I hope rest will help lower your blood pressure!! They must think it will if they're not telling you bed rest, so that's good!

Kelly - Have you felt hiccups yet? That's how I knew when mine went head down... or how I'm assuming he is now head down... won't know until my next scan I guess!

Mum - Yay for your daughter's bday! And good luck with the nursery! Since you'll have a month to get it ready, you should be good! I've had to work on mine early since I'll be working until the end, so I know I'll be too tired that last month to accomplish much of anything extra! Sorry about the swelling... did that happen with your first pregnancy too? I didn't get it until closer to the end, so I'm expecting the same this time, but I know every time can be different!

So I finally managed to speak to my gyno this afternoon. She recommended that I do the 3 hour GTT just to be on the safe side, (my 1hr one was right on the upper border, as a reminder), so I'm going to figure out when I can go do that next week.

I also think I'm going to try and get an appointment with this new gyno who has an office much closer to where I am now than the old one (a single direct half hour bus ride from outside my house to outside his office rather than two buses or a (hour long) bus ride and fifteen minute walk).
I talked to my current one and she wished me well, and totally understood why I wanted to change. I'll miss her, but I've heard great things about this one too.

Just have to post my countdown here: 23 days/15 shifts left until mat leave! (Technically medical leave and then mat leave).

Can't come soon enough, I'm in agony :(.

I just found out I have gestational diabetes. I'm devastated about it. I have my appointment Tues so I have to wait a week. So no more sweet things for me. I have such a sweet tooth at the moment I don't know how I will cope.

i feel ya i dont have one untill now and with the gistational now i cant have any of it. here for ya. i feel like i need real food. found the sparkling sugar free carbinated water flavered fruit drinks help with soda cravings. black cherry is simular to chery coke.
eggs are my best friend at the moment and cucumber chicken salad.
i have lots of easy recipies to share if you need any let me now.

i feel ya i dont have one untill now and with the gistational now i cant have any of it. here for ya. i feel like i need real food. found the sparkling sugar free carbinated water flavered fruit drinks help with soda cravings. black cherry is simular to chery coke.
eggs are my best friend at the moment and cucumber chicken salad.
i have lots of easy recipies to share if you need any let me now.

Same here!!! But its easy to cope with. Sweeteners do help. So do the diet drinks. Eggs are definately my best friend at the moment!!

Yoshy - Sounds like a good plan as far as changing drs... that was a long trip to visit your last one!

Sweetpea - Yea I JUST was drinking a black cherry carbonated water! But I am on a big carb kick past couple days... sigh... I need to cut back because I'm sure my weight is going to be affected!

wow somehow playing any type of april fools joke and posting about it on this site gets you reemed up and down by every single person whos had a premie baby or loss- starting to wonder why I even post things on here- every single person i have told about my april fools joke laughed about it- why would anyone believe something so silly on april fools- and if they do its silly and they feel silly for believing it- sorry for the rant but geeez everyone is telling me how sick i am for even joking about it....

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1803807-april-fools-jokes.html

GD girls careful with artificial sweeteners... My dietician said technically most of them are approved by the health authority for pregnancy but none of them have actually been tested in pregnancy! So she said to avoid or keep to a minimum. However I am eating a protein bar with sucralose a few times a week myself :)

Mellie - We've got most of the baby and mama stuff that I think we need... with MIL buying us the monitor since still using our other one for our toddler and also getting us the rock n play rocker. And I'm waiting on the bedding still. Hmm I need to track down the nail files... don't trust myself to use clippers on a newborn... a friend gave us used toys from her son, so guess I am good there. Bottles... won't need those for awhile, but will reuse ones we have along with our other baby stuff. Diapers, waiting on that to see if my work does a shower because that's about all I need (although ha of course not all I WANT). Thanks, I was trying to figure out what I might still need to do!

Oh with watching DS, you won't be bored!

I'm wondering if I can reuse the pacifiers from my daughter???

Medzi!! Oh dear I hope rest will help lower your blood pressure!! They must think it will if they're not telling you bed rest, so that's good!

Kelly - Have you felt hiccups yet? That's how I knew when mine went head down... or how I'm assuming he is now head down... won't know until my next scan I guess!

Mum - Yay for your daughter's bday! And good luck with the nursery! Since you'll have a month to get it ready, you should be good! I've had to work on mine early since I'll be working until the end, so I know I'll be too tired that last month to accomplish much of anything extra! Sorry about the swelling... did that happen with your first pregnancy too? I didn't get it until closer to the end, so I'm expecting the same this time, but I know every time can be different!

Yes I have totally felt her hiccups! It's the movement I enjoy the most because it doesn't hurt me at all lol. I wonder if they can sleep through them or if they're always awake while they're hiccuping?

wow somehow playing any type of april fools joke and posting about it on this site gets you reemed up and down by every single person whos had a premie baby or loss- starting to wonder why I even post things on here- every single person i have told about my april fools joke laughed about it- why would anyone believe something so silly on april fools- and if they do its silly and they feel silly for believing it- sorry for the rant but geeez everyone is telling me how sick i am for even joking about it....

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1803807-april-fools-jokes.html

I wouldn't take it too personally! You obviously didn't post anything with the intention of offending people. :flower:

I didn't think it was funny, I have a premmie and they come any day no matter if its April 1 or not but I certainly didn't feel the need to unleash my hormonal rage on you ;)

Yes I have totally felt her hiccups! It's the movement I enjoy the most because it doesn't hurt me at all lol. I wonder if they can sleep through them or if they're always awake while they're hiccuping?

I think I read on one of my preggo apps that they aren't bothered by hiccups and can sleep through them. Might be getting mixed up though and that it only said it doesn't bother them. I may have made up the bit about sleeping through it... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->