June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I get so hungry around 5 or 6 but I think that's part of GD? Not sure though. Sometimes I get up with hubby and have a bite to eat but usually too tired and lazy and just force myself back to sleep :)

On my lunch break at work right now, it's my LAST shift!! Woohoo me and DH are going to have a date to celebrate tonight :). One more step closer to baby!!

Congratulations Kelly! Feels so good not having to worry about work! Even without working my aches and pains are still hanging around so I feel like I have done the right thing leaving early.

35 weeks yesterday, time has flown! I have a breech baby still and my weekly appointments start next week.

Oh and I've been drinking a cup of RRLT daily since 23 weeks when my tea arrived (I can't find any conclusive evidence to support not drinking it prior to 30 weeks with the exception
Perhaps of first tri. But others who swear by a cup a day even when not pregnant). I upped it to two a day at 32 weeks but my bladder won't let me increase it again :haha: and I haven't shopped for capsules so hoping 2 a day til the end will be enough.

So I discovered that one of my favorite fruit teas that we have at home has raspberry leaves as one of the ingredients. Anyone know what the concentration is that you're supposed to have for it to do any good?
I made iced tea out of it, and it's amazing (it's also got raspberries, blackberries, elderberries (different from elderflower which I know can be problematic), hibiscus and rosehip, and a couple of other things I don't remember, all of which are generally fine for pregnancy).
I'm wondering if it might be enough to give the positive effects of RLT. If not, I have to find out where I can get RLT here.

Im always hungry, ive just had breakfast and im already thinking of what to eat next!! :haha:

No leaky boobs etc here either with this pg or previous pg and I fed both my other two for around about 4 months each :flower: can't wait to feed this little one :cloud9: hoping to do it for 6 months + this time! Although I did have a comment from my auntie the other day, she said ooh were going out for my birthday in September are you coming, so I said yeah but I probably won't drink much....to which I got called boring and that I don't need to feed him for that long, he can go on formula....erhhhh hello my baby and I will feed him for as long as I like haha :shock:

Anywayyyy, very excited today :D first I'm going to see my friend as she has some more baby clothes and I watching her son whilst she goes to have her coil taken out so she can start TTC, exciting!!! Then I'm going to Mothercare with my mum to get final baby bits :D yaaay! Might have to sneak a trip to a cafe somewhere for tea and cake hehe! Not spent a day with my mum in a longgg time as she normally works in the week so I'm looking forward to uninterrupted conversation :lol:.

Hope everyone is doing ok and has a nice day!

X

My best friend said something to me the other week about how babies don't need to be exclusively breastfed for so long, and that starting solids at 6 months is plenty, and that it's not necessary to continue to breasfeed exclusively after 3-4 months.
She didn't mean anything by it, and I just let it pass, but it kinda bugged me. I mean, yeah, she has three wonderful kids, and she starts them on formula after the first 3-4 months, and then solids by 6 months, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there's also nothing wrong with wanting to breastfeed for as long as possible, and letting them start on solids when they're ready.

I have another close friend who also has three adorable boys, and her three were all breastfed as long as they wanted. The youngest was exclusively breastfed until 9 months (mainly because he just wasn't interested in solids).
I probably won't be able to BF exclusively once I find a job (which will probably be after 4/5 months), but I plan on continuing as long as I can...

(sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of our friends/family telling us what to do with our kids before they're even born!)

I'm feeling really guilty and selfish for not 100% considering breast feeding.
I had issues bfing ds1 and gave up because I was concerned about him not getting anything from me (he had latching problems and I have nipples that go flat and I had NO support from the hospital or hv) and I wound up getting depressed over it

This time around I am already feeling low about not having a vaginal birth and so I have decided not to attempt bf because of how I felt last time. If I fail again, I'm not sure I could cope. Not to mention cluster feeding twins while also managing a toddler would be exhausting.

But anyway I told this to the hospital (the same one who offered no support before) and they were really quite judgmental. They have facilities for formula feeding (sterilisers etc) but when I explained that I wanted to put some pre-made bottles in their milk fridge as I was having a c section and didn't want to stand around waiting for the steriliser or whatever, they said no, as that would encourage formula feeding so instead I have to make up the bottles as I go.
This has made me terrified of the first night. I'll be stuck in bed post-surgery with a catheter in and when the twins wake up for feeds they will have to wait 15 minutes for me to sterilise bottles, warm up a carton and get help with lifting them onto me. I haven't even decided if I should feed simultaneously or one after the other and now I'm worrying about everything else and feeling really guilty just because they'd prefer if I tandem breasted.

Bah.
Sorry. Rant over!

I had issues bfing ds1 and gave up because I was concerned about him not getting anything from me (he had latching problems and I have nipples that go flat and I had NO support from the hospital or hv) and I wound up getting depressed over it

This time around I am already feeling low about not having a vaginal birth and so I have decided not to attempt bf because of how I felt last time. If I fail again, I'm not sure I could cope. Not to mention cluster feeding twins while also managing a toddler would be exhausting.

But anyway I told this to the hospital (the same one who offered no support before) and they were really quite judgmental. They have facilities for formula feeding (sterilisers etc) but when I explained that I wanted to put some pre-made bottles in their milk fridge as I was having a c section and didn't want to stand around waiting for the steriliser or whatever, they said no, as that would encourage formula feeding so instead I have to make up the bottles as I go.
This has made me terrified of the first night. I'll be stuck in bed post-surgery with a catheter in and when the twins wake up for feeds they will have to wait 15 minutes for me to sterilise bottles, warm up a carton and get help with lifting them onto me. I haven't even decided if I should feed simultaneously or one after the other and now I'm worrying about everything else and feeling really guilty just because they'd prefer if I tandem breasted.

Bah.
Sorry. Rant over!

You poor love :( that's really unfair

Bah.
Sorry. Rant over!

You poor love :( that's really unfair

Agreed, that's completely unfair. It's one thing to encourage breastfeeding whenever possible, but that policy is guaranteed to rile up anyone who for whatever reason doesn't want to or can't breastfeed.
I'm so sick of this double standard. Why can't everyone just accept that either way it's the mum's decision and both options should be equally accepted!?
I hate that women who formula feed have it implied that they're not good enough, and women who breastfeed get told "oh, well you don't really need to do it for more than a couple of months". Either way, it's not a question of what you need. It's a question of what you're comfortable with and what YOU personally feel is best for your own child!!

Sorry, rant over too.

I breasted my little boy until a few weeks ago, we only stopped because the milk seemed to dry up! It's the hardest thing I have ever done and I know I would never have managed it without the help of the breast feeding clinic at my hospital, my mum is also a midwife and helped me out a lot! I really feel for ladies who don't get the help they need in the beginning, it's not easy and combined with sleep deprivation and a crying baby it's easy to feel like you have failed! I exclusively breasted until six months as Little one refused to drink from a bottle when I tried pumping :-(

Of course the breast feeding topics a big one, both on this forum and in your personal lives. Everyone you meet is going to ask questions and maybe even judge your parenting decisions. But this is true with everything. My Dd never understood how to use a bottle and at 4 months I got super sick and needed to do some tests and drink barium. Everyone told me I must not know what I am doing and that she would take the bottle if that was her only option... She starved for 48 hours until I could bf her again. So with my second child I ebf about 2 times a day just in case... Then everyone put their 2 cents in about that. People think they can give you advice even when you aren't asking and most the time it's only to point out what you are doing wrong and never how great you are doing. I would love to be a lactation consultant to show people that not everyone who breasted their babies for 12+ month is going to make them feel guilty for their decision to bottle feed... It isn't for everyone, but it was a wonderful thing for me

Kelly - I want doughnuts all the time now sigh! But really not something I should eat... no benefit at all! I get low blood sugar, so eating one just makes me have to eat something ELSE. Pointless! Gah! And congrats on being done with work!

I've switched to some lined, loose sports type bras. No support and doesn't do anything to make my chest look good... but like a second skin so its much more comfy! And I don't seem to grow much with pregnancy... but was still able to nurse my first, so assuming all is well for #2 also. I do leak colostrum if I apply pressure though, same as with first pregnancy.

I am torn about bfing. I really want to do it for at least 6 months. Lasted till 7 months with dd before I gave up because not producing enough and letdown issues with pumping. But it was so hard on me, pumping and such while working full time. Supply issues galore. Emotional toll it took being isolated so often to bf. And DH not having to help at all with nighttime feeds was also isolating and hard on our relationship. Sigh!

Cottleston - Wow its amazing how much judgment we get and lack of support for our choices! Sigh! I'm sorry your hospital is making it harder on you!! I hope it ends up being easier than you think... the nurses etc need to give you confidence because twins is a big endeavor and you need support!

getting more tired now...the countdown is real...had my baby shower yesterday, it was amazing, girlfriends are the best thing that ever happened:)

Ahhhhh I've got my baby sprinkle on Sunday and 5 days at work :)

Did you get anything nice Kendi?

Anyone still getting the odd dizzy spell? I meant to ask about them at my prenatal this morning but forgot....

I had dizzy spells in my first pregnancy and passed out at work when I was around 32 weeks but I've been ok this pregnancy

I am getting dizzy spells as well. I think mine is related to blood pressure.

Ugh don't take your prenatal and iron pill at the same time in the middle of the day. Lesson learned. Hopefully I keep them down!!

I had a lot of dizzy spells a few weeks back. They seemed to happen at the same time as massive BHs..

So for the past 24hrs I've had horrendous pressure down below, and a constant dull back ache and lower bump cramps. Feels like it COULD be something to call the hospital for but then again I think maybe I just need a poo :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->