June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Cottleston I had a day like that yesterday and lost a couple of bits of my mucus plug. It had old blood in it but a fortnight ago when I pass same thing the midwife wasn't concerned so I decided not to call. Been fine today just a bit of pressure down below and feel like Im living in the toilet. Think I did a little to much yesterday morning cleaning out our spare bedroom.

I lost some plug too... But it's not been bloody. Though I didn't lose my plug until my water broke with ds1 so I don't exactly know what to expect. I took it really easy yesterday but the aches and pressure haven't eased off yet. I think I'm going to go for a walk (around the supermarket!) later to see if I can get my digestive system moving. Hoping that'll help.

For other 32 week ladies how are you feeling and how prepared are you?

I'm getting big now but then think I have ages, then in the next breath I realise my nephew was born at 34wks and friends baby at 35wks. Now I know I could go another 10 potentially but when you think it could be anytime I'd like to be organised.

We are waiting for completion on our house so I've not got any baby stuff round me, everything is in boxes, I almost feel like I'm not pregnant emotionally. Physically I know it but even then I feel pretty normal. I've not had any cravings, no hormonal outbursts, I just feel the same most of the time. I am getting the odd BH and baby is pretty active so those are the only times I spend connecting that I'm having a baby.

I've not looked round my hospital yet, haven't even considered my hospital bag, haven't written my birth preferences. I think it's all because I'm planning to do it all 'when we move' but time is going so fast.

I don't know, I suppose I'm just having one of those days. I do think about the baby obviously but I've not massively connected because there is nothing baby related around me. I've done a hypnobirthing course bit that finished a few weeks ago so I'm a bit zoned out of that too.

I just think this is going to hit me with a real shock if I don't get into baby mode. It prob doesn't help that my mate is 6 weeks ahead so I feel like to her and all our other friends she is the pregnant one and I'm not really pregnant.

I was lay on the sofa last night and suddenly though "s**t I won't be doing this very often in the future!"

Sorry I'm just feeling a bit unpregnant at the moment...

Ugh don't take your prenatal and iron pill at the same time in the middle of the day. Lesson learned. Hopefully I keep them down!!

What's in your prenatal? I've been taking a combined iron and folic acid pill since the beginning, but my doc didn't give me anything else (other than omega3 at my last appointment which I keep forgetting to take :p )

I always take the iron pill last thing before bed, cuz I have to take thyroid medication first thing in the morning, and I'm not supposed to take anything else for at least 4 hours after taking the thyroid meds. And taking it right before bed also means I've not had caffeine (and usually no dairy) for at least a couple of hours before. Hope you keep them down and feel better!

Ugh don't take your prenatal and iron pill at the same time in the middle of the day. Lesson learned. Hopefully I keep them down!!

What's in your prenatal? I've been taking a combined iron and folic acid pill since the beginning, but my doc didn't give me anything else (other than omega3 at my last appointment which I keep forgetting to take :p )

I always take the iron pill last thing before bed, cuz I have to take thyroid medication first thing in the morning, and I'm not supposed to take anything else for at least 4 hours after taking the thyroid meds. And taking it right before bed also means I've not had caffeine (and usually no dairy) for at least a couple of hours before. Hope you keep them down and feel better!

I have a split prenatal that has iron in the morning pill and calcium in the evening pill. And an extra iron pill because I was anemic at my last bloods.

I usually do my prenatal at breakfast, 2nd prenatal at dinner, and iron pill at bedtime. But I had forgotten for the past 2 days so I just took them, on an empty stomach too! That was about an hour of really bad nausea, won't be doing that again!

I much prefer my current prenatal to the one I took with dd. Before, I had to take it with food and it made me nauseous etc. Now, I take it and it says to NOT take it with food. Not sure why, but that is so much easier because then I can take it right before bed! Or first thing, I guess... but that's harder to remember.

Cottleston, how are you feeeling now? I have been up since 3am... I woke with bad lower back ache that wouldn't let me sleep.. and was getting some strong BH that I had to breathe through.. and lower abdomen pains. But nothing I could 'time'. So I just kept waiting for the pain to subside or turn into something I could time. 5am, I took a bath and then went to work early. Oh well. Still definitely have lower back pains. And bump feels sore/different. Did just manage to have a bowel movement, hoping that will help!! Ha! But tmi... was hard to do because of the pain of my back etc! Good luck!

Sorry been mia, been stalking tho.

I've had a few dizzy spells nothing to be concerned over, until now. Last night I had a hot flash while at my daughters dance class, and the next thing I know the room is spinning and I nearly passed out. I had to carefully walk outside to cool off and then had to go get a cold drink just to feel slightly better. Then I had one at the doctor today and completely forgot to mention it because the nurse come in and told me my doctor had to leave to deliver a baby and that just made me forget to ask but since I go back in 2wks so I'll mention it then, unless they get worse, then I will call.

Lissa, I've literally only just got into pregnant mode this week and I have only 4 weeks mac before babies are here so I totally know how you feel. Doesn't help that I've got a toddler to distract me though! Good luck with the move :)

Libby, how's the back pain now?
I'm feeling less crampy but still lots of pressure. It's constant though so I think it's just the way the babies are lying putting pressure on my lower half. I've had a few BHs but nothing strong or regular and lost some more plug but no blood... So I think these little monkeys are just teasing me!

Just had my latest OB appt. I've lost another lb. Thats 2 lbs in 4 weeks, thanks to this GD diet. My dietician said at our last appt she doesn't want any GD moms to lose weight, so I'm a bit worried about what she'll say at my appt with her tomorrow!

i have been off here a bit becouse we had no internet for i while. glad to be bale to catch up. i havent lost any plug yet but im also a few weeks behind yall. :) so its a good thing. hoep yall are doing well. as for me i use the gummy prenatels. the others i would just get sick from and doc had me change. my kids though keep trying to steel them becouse they look and taste like candy. my hubby told my son he was gonna grow boobs. lol its just vitamins but its funny.

For other 32 week ladies how are you feeling and how prepared are you?

I'm getting big now but then think I have ages, then in the next breath I realise my nephew was born at 34wks and friends baby at 35wks. Now I know I could go another 10 potentially but when you think it could be anytime I'd like to be organised.

We are waiting for completion on our house so I've not got any baby stuff round me, everything is in boxes, I almost feel like I'm not pregnant emotionally. Physically I know it but even then I feel pretty normal. I've not had any cravings, no hormonal outbursts, I just feel the same most of the time. I am getting the odd BH and baby is pretty active so those are the only times I spend connecting that I'm having a baby.

I've not looked round my hospital yet, haven't even considered my hospital bag, haven't written my birth preferences. I think it's all because I'm planning to do it all 'when we move' but time is going so fast.

I don't know, I suppose I'm just having one of those days. I do think about the baby obviously but I've not massively connected because there is nothing baby related around me. I've done a hypnobirthing course bit that finished a few weeks ago so I'm a bit zoned out of that too.

I just think this is going to hit me with a real shock if I don't get into baby mode. It prob doesn't help that my mate is 6 weeks ahead so I feel like to her and all our other friends she is the pregnant one and I'm not really pregnant.

I was lay on the sofa last night and suddenly though "s**t I won't be doing this very often in the future!"

Sorry I'm just feeling a bit unpregnant at the moment...

I feel this way too sometimes. I haven't even walked into my hospital and really have no idea what to expect here. But sometimes I freak out and think... In 6 weeks the whole dynamic of our family is going to change!

Ok I have 2 questions... First, when would you start bouncing on your exercise ball? Hubby just bought one and it feels so nice to sit on. But I've heard ppl use it to help start labour... So should I be avoiding that for a few more weeks?

Also on the side of my RLT box it says consult your dr before using it. Did you all ask yours before starting it? Of course I've just had my ob appt today and didn't ask, and don't have another for 2 weeks! My only complication is GD, so as long as its not carbs or sugars I should be fine with it.

With the ball, people use it for exercise during pregnancy and also to help babies position earlier on so it should be fine. It won't induce labour but it will help baby get into the right position and open up your pelvis a bit to help baby engage.

I never asked my doc about RLT... I just started taking it based on research I did online. (This was in previous pregnancy- I'm not taking it this time.)

My bump keeps clicking every time one of my boys moves... It's quite unsettling.

I have bump clicking too, so strange!!

RE RLT, no I didn't consult MW this time round but I did first pregnancy and they said its fine to take

X

Cottleston - Back was bad all day yesterday, but today its fine! I mean yea sore but regular prego sore. I'm not wincing. I am fortunate that I have good days along with bad days... I just can't seem to predict how I'll feel on any given day!

Kelly - I tend to call and at least get a nurse's opinion when I have questions... pretty sure they put a note in my file when I do that... that way, if something were to happen, they'll have an idea of what things have been going on. Yoga ball... well, seems like people will try so many things to TRY and start labor... but if that baby isn't already ready, not much is going to change that. I asked my OB about riding in our boat because it can get kinda bouncy/rough... and he said only reason that might be an issue is if it causes me to fall on my bump... direct impact could be bad. But bouncing wasn't.

Thanks girls. I think I'll roll around on that ball and drink some tea then... Doesn't sound like too much will come of it :)

Also, how is everyone's weight gain going? I was gaining steadily, on track to gain about 30 lbs. But then going on the GD diet to control my sugars I didn't gain for 3 weeks and now have lost 2. Even if I gain 1 lb a week here on out (which I can't do and control my sugars) I won't quite reach the 25 lbs my dr recommended.

And my fundal height has only grown by 1 cm in a month! I hope my poor bubs is getting enough so she can grow in there... Growth scan on May 16 to see how she is doing in there... Praying she is 100% perfect and a good size.

Kelly - I am on track for 30 pound gain my dr recommended... last time he said 35-40 so I gained 40, ha. So liking that he said less AND that I tried to adhere to it! I'm pretty sure if he'd said 60 was ok, I'd have gained 60! :) Oh but may gain more not sure... Lately, my willpower has been waning as I've started to feel more miserable and feel like I deserve to be 'treated' etc for what I'm suffering through! Also not wanting fruit smoothies and other healthy stuff I'd been using to help keep me full so I didn't eat a bunch of crap... now I want fat fat fat! Fries, bread, doughnuts, etc etc. Ughh. So being on GD diet would be very helpful right now. I guess baby is growing fat right now so I want to also??

I've survived my first day of mat leave! Woo hoo! Had a lovely day with DD1 and managed to do housework and food shop during her afternoon at nursery and even snuck in a quick nap when she had hers this morning.

She is starting to be really attached to me again. Is anyone else finding this?

As for weight gain I'm on about a 16lb gain now. BUT I hadn't lost the extra 3 stone I couldn't shift after dd1 so I'm still miles away from my pre-baby weight. Big mission to lose it after dd2 arrives.

I have a MW appointment tomorrow. Hoping baby is still head down and for low BP and no protein. We were trying to work it out and I'm sure I was mega swollen by this point last time when the pre-e was then picked up at 36 weeks so I'm really hoping we've kept it away this time round. I so want a straight forward birth so I can get home asap to DH and DD1. The idea of being stuck in hospital for a week really worries me. I don't want anything to make this hard on DD1.

Good luck at the MW tomorrow!
I'm finding ds1 super clingy lately. He's about the same age as your LO. I'm not sure if it's age or because he knows things are changing. Could be both... Good old terrible twos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->