June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Weight gain? Last appointment was the first time I had gained, it was 2lbs in 3 weeks (so net weight loss is now 22 lbs) bubs is growing and doc is happy. I was not supposed to gain more than 15 pounds total and should be sitting at about 10 pounds under pre baby weight at birth. Hoping to use this to kick start my weight loss journey after bubs is born

So far I have already gained around 30lbs I reckon...I think overall it's going to be about 35lb...I'm not happy with weight gain, really wanted to keep it to a minimum as getting married next year but aslong as bubs is nice and healthy and happy then I'm happy...can't wait to start proper exercise and not wanting to eat everything in sight!!

X

So happy!! I just had my 2nd GD appt with dietician and nurse. I was so worried about my 2-3 high readings per week (testing 3 times a day), but they told me it seems like these certain foods set me off. Avoid those foods, and a few high readings per week are not really to be worried about they said.

So I get 3 more weeks of diet controlled monitoring and then one more appt.

I was really not wanting insulin so I'm sooo happy!!

I had my 32w doctor's appointment yesterday and it was... eventful.

I had to wait half an hour when I got there because he was running late as usual.
According to his scale (which I officially don't trust, cuz it's not digital and I couldn't see the reading properly due to my bump), I'm now at 113kg (which is still 3kg less than the scale at the doc when I first got pregnant, but was like 2kg more than when I saw him two weeks ago).

Anyway, he came and put the blood pressure cuff on me then started the US scan. He checked my BP part way through, and said it was high (140/80 which is very high considering it's been closer to 120/75 my entire pregnancy). That said, it was also showing high at my previous appointment with him.
He gave me a referral to the regular clinic and told me to go get my BP checked by the nurse there as well, and also gave me a referral for blood tests to check if there's anything abnormal in my kidney function that might account for the high reading.

He also said Kiddo is now measuring bang on track and around 1.8kg (which makes far more sense than what he said last time, which was that I was measuring a week ahead and Kiddo was at 1.9kg... I think because it was my first scan with him last time it must have been off).

So afterwards I walked the 2km or so to the clinic and popped into the nurse to let her know I needed my BP checking, and she told me to sit and rest for ten minutes before she took it, so it wouldn't be high from the walk there in the heat.
She checked it when I'd been there about ten minutes, and it was down to my normal readings. 112/76. I think the reason my doc's machine gave such a high reading may have been a combination of my having just gotten onto the bed, and possibly also that he only has one BP cuff, and it's not big enough. I know that in the clinic, they always use the bigger cuff for me, and I know that using a cuff that's too small very often produces very high (falsely high) readings.

I also had her weigh me, and the scale there (digital and connects straight to the computer file to input my weight and BMI etc) put me at 112kg, so about a kg more than last time I was weighed by one of those machines (before we moved, so almost a month and a half ago).

Hi mums, anyone planning to have their baby move to their own room/nursery as soon as they are discharged from hospital?

Any one here has had the experience?

Yoshi - it makes you wonder how any info taken at appointments are correct doesn't it, I wouldn't know if I was coming or going I were you!

Kendi, personally no I want baby in with us for the first 6 months for safety reasons and reassurance for me and baby.

Why do you not want baby in with you out of interest? I would imagine its easier them being close if nothing else.

Bit if advice required, I'm drinking lots and weeing lots but the last few days I've noticed my wee is pretty strong coloured which is unusual for me. I'm a bit constipated and haven't felt quite right the last few days generally. I'm not ill, just been a bit off my food, but more tired etc. Do you reckon it could all be constipation related??

Kendi, personally no I want baby in with us for the first 6 months for safety reasons and reassurance for me and baby.

Why do you not want baby in with you out of interest? I would imagine its easier them being close if nothing else.

Misslissa, thanks for responding.........our room is not big enough to fit the babycot and having the baby on our bed is not an option so that leaves me with moving the baby to their nursery right away...have been very strong until now..guess the days are getting closer and so thought of asking other moms:)

Kendo I have a similar dilemma. Our room is not really big enough for a bassinet. We might be able to make it work but I was thinking of putting her in her crib right away and sleeping in her room on an air mattress for a while. I will miss hubby and our bed though.

As far as a bassinet goes though ladies, does it need to have a stand or is it safe to put it on a table top? I'm guessing the floor is a big no no.

We started baby in her own room pretty early on with the last baby, she would still spend a few hours a night in our room nursing and sleeping in between though. We have never been co sleeping family. DH and I see our room as the only room in the house that should be kid free and therefore "ours". And as a side note my kids have always been amazing sleepers, early bed times and sleeping 12 hours by 4 months old

Baby will be in with us until he is pretty much sleeping through as he will be sharing with DD and dot want him waking her up during the night

X

We're the same here... The twins will eventually be sharing with ds1 so we're keeping them in with us until they're sleeping through. If it wasn't a case of sharing rooms, I'd probably keep them in with me for peace of mind for at least 6 weeks just because I'm a natural worrier and remember checking on toby every 30 seconds when he was a newborn!

I remember topping and tailing with my dh for first couple of months as JJ was at bottom of the bed. He was in our room upto about 5 months do hoping for similar this time.

My friend has 3 children who all went straight into their own room, it worked for them and they are all good sleepers.
I'm too much of a worry wart though! :haha:

We plan to have baby in the nursery but as a first time mum and dad who knows that might change!

We planned to have dd1 in with us as long as she was in the moses basket. She didn't sleep well in it at all so the hv at the 6 week check suggested we try the cot. That was in the nursery so we tried her in it and she slept better.

This time we've built the cot in our room. Partly because we're hoping the qujcker we get to her the less chance of dd1 waking up too!

This bub will be in bed with us until she is ready to go to her big bed

That's awkward if there's not enough room. Have you looked at those bed best things that attach to your bed, might take up the least amount of room?

My brother and sil only had their little boy with them for about 4 weeks as he got disturbed by them! As soon as they moved him into his room he was fine and slept loads better so its better for some babies anyway!

I have to say from a personal point of view though I would be very nervous not having him near me but if he couldn't fit in our room I'd have to do the same as you - have to work with what you've got cant you x

What about those co sleeper cots that go in between you and OH?? They look good

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"