June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I haven't seen them ...... Off to google to look :)

Had growth scan today and baby is measuring 4lb 8oz do average which is reassuring :). Head down but posterior (back to back) so need to start sitting in a better position in the evenings.

I haven't seen them ...... Off to google to look :)

Had growth scan today and baby is measuring 4lb 8oz do average which is reassuring :). Head down but posterior (back to back) so need to start sitting in a better position in the evenings.

Glad growth scan is good. At 32+6 baby was measuring 4lbs 2oz so they could be really similar at birth. My DD hurt enough at 5lb 13 so anything bigger worries me :haha: Having said that, her head was on 98th centile so I guess that was the main cause of pain!

At the scan baby was head down and curled round the side. At my MW appointment her head was down still and her bum more towards the front. So where I thought she might have turned breech again it's a big hard bum apparently and not her head!

Anyone know if they are likely to turn back from head down at this point? I'm hoping that now I've been discharged from the consultant and everything was ok at my MW appointment yesterday (she considers low risk again now we've got this far) that all will be ok this time around. I'd hate for something like her being breech to put me in c-section territory now!

My big appointment is at 36 weeks now, as that's where I was sent to hospital last time. Going to try and just relax and enjoy DD1 and the sun for the next two weeks and see what happens.

How long have you ladies got until mat leave? Three days into mine and I'm not regretting finishing early at all!

This is my first week of Mat leave mummum... And it's been busy. Doesn't feel like leave yet. Tomorrow will be the first day not full of errands!

For the past 3 OB apps baby has been head down, but I swear she doesn't stay that way! I think she's flipped back transverse since Tuesday now. But she's always a good girl and goes head down when we're checked by the drs. Last night her feet were down and she was kicking me right in the bum. I had to get on all 4s and hope she would change position or I would have never fallen asleep!

My mat leave started about 4 weeks ago now lol, well my annual leave did, still on annual leave until 13th may then my mat leave will officially start...so far I've not had one day to myself to do nothing! Been busy washing babies clothes, returning various things to shops, picking up last of baby bits, sorting through the kids play room, re arranged our bedroom and ordered wardrobes .... We are finally done though, I've got everything for baby now, just want to pick up a play gym but its a non essential really as we already have one, I just want two :D lol! Oh and wash the bedding once OH has put the crib together (going to try and persuade him tonight)

Going on a tour of the maternity and birth centre tomorrow, very excited as lots has changed since I had my two, the unit has moved to a new building and they never used to have a birth centre!

X

I've had something every day so far but luckily no more than a couple of hours each. I can't remember what it's like to have nothing at all to do! Sure I didn't appreciate it enough though!

Dd1 is keeping me busy but entertained. Had a lovely day in with her. Off out tomorrow with her and dh to get the final nursery decor bits. The hardest thing is going to be sorting the carpet out. I am so excited to finish the room. Hopefully i'll feel ready when that's done.

My dd is clingy... she is my 'velcro baby'... but worse than usual as she's getting very distressed when we leave her in the church nursery now and also bedtime is harder!! She's also just turned 2 recently.

Mellie - I gained 40 with my first... dr said 35-40! I was happy I didn't gain more! But it wasn't that bad at all. Although yeah ideal to gain even less... some people gain a lot more... I was regular weight before and then lost it pretty easily but yeah needed toning and such.

Kelly - Yay for the good news about GD!

Kendi - I'll have the baby sleep in my room for the first 6 months as that's what's recommended here to help prevent SIDs. I did that with my dd also. I found I wanted to check on her throughout the night and also they eat often so easier to have them close by. For those with room size issues... I found I had to move rooms anyway because I was up so often and DH needed to sleep... and then hearing him snore or even just SLEEP would bug me because I was awake and he wasn't! I used a mattress on the floor in spare room and put dd on her crib mattress next to mine so sorta co slept while nursing... this was a couple months in at least though when we moved to the spare room.

I don't really LIKE sleeping in the same bed or even the same room as a baby or infant... they either sleep loud or you're worried you'll wake them! But yeah safer sigh and then later they like it better so sleep better. DD is 2 now and has slept in her own room since 6 months old. But I know she'd LOVE to sleep with me, ha!

Not on mat leave yet and not sure when I'll start... planning to hold out as long as I can... and thinking I will do half days once it gets hard.

I'm starting my holiday Thursday and mat leave officially starts a week before my due date. Been looking at my excel file I had when pregnant with JJ jeeez even packing the hospital bag seems a big chore at the moment!

Well I actually found a way to make a Moses basket work in our room... So baby will be in with us as long as she can. It holds up to 18 lbs I think, hopefully it will hold her for a couple months at least! Got it for $40 and it's not as obnoxiously large as I thought it would be!

Last 2 days I have had period like craps they don't really come and go just constant. I don't notice them as much when up and about. I tried lying on my left side yesterday but it didn't help. Also have had an increase rotten smelling flatulance. Almost everytime I have gone to the loo and wiped I have had a small abit blood tinged thicker mucus but its more older blood. I have used my bowels twice today and I thought I felt better after the second. That was short lived! Now this afternoon I just feel cranky as if I am getting my period. Baby is still moving and see OB in 2 days. Anyone else feel like this?

I have lower belly achiness and cramps but it comes ago rather than being constant dies depend what position I'm in. Maybe it's baby getting engaged ?

I've also been getting little cramps low down but not constant...hopefully your OB has some answers in a few days.

I've been having the cramps, and also the short relief after a BM until bubs settles back down and puts pressure on my back again. I've put it down to the added weight and size of everything now and it could also be baby engaging.
Only you know your body though- if it's worrying you, maybe get it checked out?

Afm... I've reached 35 weeks! That was my goal when I found our about twins. The idea of 34 weekers or earlier scared me so I'm glad I've passed that now!

Last 2 days I have had period like craps they don't really come and go just constant. I don't notice them as much when up and about. I tried lying on my left side yesterday but it didn't help. Also have had an increase rotten smelling flatulance. Almost everytime I have gone to the loo and wiped I have had a small abit blood tinged thicker mucus but its more older blood. I have used my bowels twice today and I thought I felt better after the second. That was short lived! Now this afternoon I just feel cranky as if I am getting my period. Baby is still moving and see OB in 2 days. Anyone else feel like this?

Have also been having dull pains that area bit constant, am advised that the baby is starting the decent, so it may be normal. I dont know about the blood u saw in ua discharge though, with the mucus, might it be the mucus plug thats come out? How easy is it for you to do a scan? if simple..we were adviced its the one way to jst self assure...otherwise, as long as you can still feel frequent baby movements then a two day wait to see your OB will also do.....Am sure all will be ok, keep us posted.

no cramps here, but lower back pain started today.
I finally stop working last Thursday cuz I've been down with a cold a third time in 5 weeks (on antibiotics) and a viral infection. Everytime I would stay home for a week and then go back to teaching only to come back home with a sore throat, runny nose and bad cough. I'm so tired of this! Have been sick since March 30th. My OBGYN refuse to stop me working, saying I wasn't sick enough and had a good pregnancy. I was crying when I came out, I haven't been sleeping well for weeks! Plus the stress of work. ANyway, I went to see the doctor that I would visit everytime with this cold and he said there's no point of going back to work, he put me on sick leave until due date. It took such a huge weight off my shoulders.
Now, I can focus on getting healthy and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

I find all my aches and cramps.are when i've done too much. So after shopping, hoovering the house, walking the dogs.

The nursery has suddenly come along nicely. The walls are done and the brackets for the currain pole and blind are up. The light has been done and the rad fixed. The carpet is being fitted tues and then we have the wardrobe ready to go in and the bunting to go up. The wall sticker is due to arrive in a couple of weeks but i'm so relieved it's going to be done in time. It really looked like it wasn't going to be.

Congrats cottleston!! Those babies will be along any day now hey?? All set?

Baby has positioned herself in a way that sends sharp pains down my thigh. Sometimes back and sometimes front. I guess I'll be having those until she comes out, yay lol :)

no cramps here, but lower back pain started today.
I finally stop working last Thursday cuz I've been down with a cold a third time in 5 weeks (on antibiotics) and a viral infection. Everytime I would stay home for a week and then go back to teaching only to come back home with a sore throat, runny nose and bad cough. I'm so tired of this! Have been sick since March 30th. My OBGYN refuse to stop me working, saying I wasn't sick enough and had a good pregnancy. I was crying when I came out, I haven't been sleeping well for weeks! Plus the stress of work. ANyway, I went to see the doctor that I would visit everytime with this cold and he said there's no point of going back to work, he put me on sick leave until due date. It took such a huge weight off my shoulders.
Now, I can focus on getting healthy and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

I am glad your other doctor took you off - feeling sick for so long seriously takes its toll. Feet up and relax mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->