June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Ugh feel like I'm in 1st tri all over again...sooo tired!! I've been up almost 2 hours and I'm ready for a nap...DS is happily watching tv and playing a game on his little console, thinking of a little dose as there's no way I'm gonna last all day!

Anyone else constantly tired?? Hope it lifts in time for labour lol!! Also need this nesting to kick in again as still got a few things that need doing in the house before baby arrives!

Had my mw appt on Wednesday, all was well with my bp and urine...baby's hb is brill, measuring 34 weeks and baby is 3/5th engaged....mw doesn't think I'll make my due date...hope she's right!! Going on a hugeee walk on Tuesday when I will be 37 weeks exactly, think I'm gonna start operation get baby out from Tuesday! Lol

X

Kelly they might just be able to give you the tablet form of insulin rather than injections - hope they manage to get under control

2ndtimelucky I havent had a csection so cant help but do know a couple of people who have and one of which there was only 12 months between the two labours and her scar was tender during pregnancy but everything turned out well for her an d she got the VBAC she was hoping for.

MumMumMum - I think its a norml stage of baby preparing getting the odd aches and pains etc , Ive been getting the past couple of days what I call Lightening crotch where you will walk around and get sooting pains. LAst week I was getting intermittent back ache with tightenings and this was due to the baby being back to back. Do you know what position baby is in? If you get any regular or cinstant pains then could indicate early labour. If you are ever unsure call your midwife

Oh Mellie you are onnly a few more days away from being full term :) Lets hope the midwife is right. Im just hoping to not go 12days overdue again as those final two weeks were hell and as the longest any of my friends have gone is 4 days overdue dont think anyone quite understoof how fed up I was feeling.

Has anyone started EPO yet?
I want to start the eviction on Monday but don't think there's anything I can do what with being a section. Desperate to have it at 37+ weeks instead of 38+ weeks though.

I started epo last week, 1 x 1000mg tablet orally...gonna up it to 2 tablets from 37 weeks.

Also having 3 cups of RLT at the moment, will up that to 4 next week

X

I havent consistently been drinking my RLT just the odd cup every now and then but as soon as my hospital bag is packed, baby clothes and bedding washed, crib up Im going to start with the EPO and RLT 2 cups daily (Im aiming for Monday to start (fingers crossed at 35 weeks))

I packed a few diapers too... hmm and need to do wipes. I figured I'd pack the diaper bag for a regular 'day' and then add the extra stuff for hospital stay... so then the bag would be ready for going places already. I did also pack some blankets... so I can get some pictures without the hospital blankets. I did 2 outfits too... one in newborn and one in 0-3 months since won't know what will fit!

I packed my bag... and then I have a littler bag in my bathroom for stuff I use daily...

Kelly - I hope you don't need insulin... fingers crossed! But you are so close.. at least only 5 weeks left either way!

Mum - Huge stress can send you into early labour I've read... like a spouse dying. They say lower stressors usually won't do it. But I do notice the times I've gotten real stressed at work etc, I get strong BH that hurt! So seems like some people are more susceptible to stress effects. I was induced too last time... and trying to figure out how it'll be different this time... seems like you can have contractions for weeks even before delivering. So I will just wait and see!

Mellie - Oh I hope I don't follow in your footsteps and get tired again! I have been enjoying not needing naps after work these days! I needed those even in second tri. Now, even on the weekends, I don't always take a nap even though I could when dd naps. Although I could ALWAYS nap... but I find now I don't HAVE to. And since I'm still working, napping on the weekends makes me want to nap at work and I can't! Good luck with operation get baby out!!! :)

Had my 36 week dr appt yesterday. Bump a little under size, almost 36 weeks.. just right. And had a scan... baby is measuring maybe 2 days bigger than due date suggests... which is fine! Means smaller than my dd was at this point, so no induction needing to be planned! So I can wait and let things happen on their own, which is what I've wanted. I was so nervous he'd be measuring huge like dd did and I'd get scared and plan an induction again.

Haven't done anything to speed up things... I guess I might try stuff starting next week? Not really feeling impatient yet.

I'm dealing with pain in my calves this week... and restless leg... and thigh pains when trying to turn over in bed at night. So appears its a 'leg' week for me. Well, and BH galore, but that's been normal since third tri.

I'm getting bad pains from my hips to my knees at night, I use a pillow and have tried banana's at bedtime (someone suggested it could help if its a lack of potassium) and no difference.

Is this RLS/cramps or just something you get in pregnancy?

I guess its just something we get in pregnancy. I thought calcium might help but so far drinking more milk etc hasn't seemed to help.

I've tried the same but it's no better. Oh well if that's the way it is I'll cope for a few more weeks.

So are the period type pains what contractions feel like? Last night each time I got up to go pee and got back into bed I had a BH, which always happens after I pee, but my lower tummy and upper thighs felt painful like period cramps. And the pain stayed for a while, it didn't stop when the BH went away.

Just wondering what exactly that was. My back is killing me this morning too.

Oh and also, mummum... U need to post your nursery pics for everyone to see here!! I saw them on the other thread and it is sooo gorgeous!

Oh and also, mummum... U need to post your nursery pics for everyone to see here!! I saw them on the other thread and it is sooo gorgeous!

Ah, thanks! I tried to do it last night but it wasn't playing ball. I'll try again later on the laptop.

How's everyone getting on? I'm still feeling sick and getting back ache but I also have a cold so it could just be that. I slept better last night - trying really hard not to think about next week as I can't do anything to change it. Hoping it's good news.

Let's try again!

Hope it worked!

Attachments

• Nursery photo 1.jpg
    Nursery photo 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Nursery photo 2.jpg
    Nursery photo 2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Nursery photo 3.jpg
    Nursery photo 3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5
Lovely nursery MumMumMum! Sorry you are still battling a cold.

Kelly - not sure what it is :( I've been having the odd period type cramping too but nothing last too long. And I don't even think I've had any BH! I have had some tight cramps around my belly button that can last while (like those cramps you get in your side when you run) - is that what one feels like?)..

As for me, I was in the hospital for about 4 hours on Thursday. My blood pressure is still waaay up but they are just trying everything they can to keep Cubby inside. I was on a non stress test for what felt like forever while also hooked up to a blood pressure cuff that went every 15 minutes. NST was great - Cubby is just doing so well and is happy as can be. Just my body that is getting the worst of it. So they added 200 mg twice daily labetalol to my already 90 mg twice daily of Adalat. I test my BP at home and so far haven't noticed a difference :( I'm still measuring around 145-150/ 95-100. As I already have kidney disease it is becoming more and more dangerous having my BP this high. Boooo.. so a brief mention of an induction at 37 weeks was mentioned but I really don't want to be inducted :cry:

Kelly - not sure what it is :( I've been having the odd period type cramping too but nothing last too long. And I don't even think I've had any BH! I have had some tight cramps around my belly button that can last while (like those cramps you get in your side when you run) - is that what one feels like?)..

As for me, I was in the hospital for about 4 hours on Thursday. My blood pressure is still waaay up but they are just trying everything they can to keep Cubby inside. I was on a non stress test for what felt like forever while also hooked up to a blood pressure cuff that went every 15 minutes. NST was great - Cubby is just doing so well and is happy as can be. Just my body that is getting the worst of it. So they added 200 mg twice daily labetalol to my already 90 mg twice daily of Adalat. I test my BP at home and so far haven't noticed a difference :( I'm still measuring around 145-150/ 95-100. As I already have kidney disease it is becoming more and more dangerous having my BP this high. Boooo.. so a brief mention of an induction at 37 weeks was mentioned but I really don't want to be inducted :cry:

:hugs: I hope they get some meds to work well together xx

Hope the meds get your BP under control. I had the labetalol last time before and after to get my BP down. I think I remember it does take some time to kick in. Fingers crossed it works soon and you can avoid an induction :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->