June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Holy rotten lightening crotch Batman!! And these cramps!! Ugh!

Thanks Cottleston. I know, we'll cope I suppose I'd just set myself up weeks ago that by now I'd be in my nice new house, all organised.

I'm not massively bothered about the nursery as such as baby will be with us, it's more that I want his clothes and cot set up all nice and clean.

You know what it's like when you're moving, the current house is dusty with boxes stacked up, we're living with minimal everything. Having to stay now will mean putting the house back into home mode which will take a while. But I can't do that as hopefully we will move and I don't want to pack twice!

I don't know, I'm just a bit low about it today.

Misslisa :hugs: if it helps I've only washed the newborn clothes, no nursery, no bedding, no bibs - only thing I have bought is nappies and wipes. Oh and no hospital bag as of yet either.

Tartlet - yep lightening crutch sucks lol

That makes me feel better jellycat, I'm not alone by the looks of it!

I'm going to write a list tomorrow for packing my bag. Maybe if that's done it's something off my mind.

I'm 37+1 and all I have is nappies (making my own cloth ones, 7 to go but I have enough if I don't get them finished) and a place for baby to sleep as we just moved DD out of the side car cot. I don't have the car seat installed (though DD is still in a rear facing seat so worst case scenario we just adjust the straps to lowest setting and my parents drive DD home), don't have newborn clothes washed or even unpacked from the storage tub at my parents house and I don't even have a list of what to pack made up, let alone have the bags packed :wacko:

Baby clothes and blankies all washed... Baby bag packed for the hospital... Mama bag not even started. Going to target tonight to get some mini toiletries and nursing tanks hopefully!

I have 30 newborn diapers and 1 pack of wipes... Didn't want to stock up yet, just be prepared for the first few days and then hopefully mom and sister will help me figure out what else I need!

Is it important to have one of those snot sucker bulbs right away? And baby nail clippers?

Also what do newborns use bibs for? Thought you didn't need them until they start baby food??

I've never had a nasal suction thing and I've never used bibs lol.

I'm all done and ready to go

I never used the sucker either but baby nails are super scratchy and grow fast so I think either clippers, scissors or a nail file are kind of essential.
Bibs are good for catching milky sick but I prefer muslins so I'm stocking up on those instead.

I have that constant nasty taste in my mouth like I did in 1st tri. It's bringing back horrible memories of MS! Not even brushing teeth or drinking water makes it go away. Yuck.

Term tomorrow and I am officially ready(!!)....every single thing is done - baby wise anyway...could do with giving the house a once over and sorting the conservatory but I really don't have the energy!

Kelly - I've had the horrible taste back in my mouth for a while now...I find myself eating to get rid of the taste though as it isn't accompanied by the sick feeling like in 1st tri...I'm gonna be a whale if this baby doesn't arrive soon!!

With you on the lightening crotch aswell, omg....I was walking yesterday and inbetween the baby giving some almighty kicks (haven't really felt much kicks since about 28 weeks? More rolls...so it was a big shock lol) and lightening crotch...my friend thought I was about to go into labour, her face was a picture!

X

We moved when I was pregnant last time. Most stressful thing ever - mostly because our buyer was playing games knowing we were stuck and had to move. I was 32 weeks when we moved in and the house was a state. I was in the hospital at 36 weeks and we still had unpacking to do and baby stuff to sort. I know it's not the way you pictured it but you'll make it work.

If it feels like it is getting too close then all I would say is get the essentials ready, some clothes, nappies and any bedding etc. That's what baby needs in the early days anyway.

Anyone else getting serious fatigue? I feel like I haven't slept in weeks and struggle to get out of bed. Gets worse every day now.

Anyone else getting serious fatigue? I feel like I haven't slept in weeks and struggle to get out of bed. Gets worse every day now.

Thought I was just being lazy! My toilet trips in the night hhave really increased and I think that is making it worse. A newborn in a few weeks time is going to be interesting on the energy front!

Yep cottleston I'm constantly tired...although I can't stay in bed as I just get too uncomfortable...I can't imagine what it's like with twins :(

X

I'm needing abit of a snooze each day but not struggling to stay awake most days.

We had hundreds of muslin cloths for JJ as such a sickie mucousie baby so they are currently in the wash. We went through loads of bibs as JJ always had milk posits , I'm hoping to breast feed this time though so not sure they are going to be needed so just buying a small pack.

Had health clinic today she was happy with my weight gain and thinks if I continue as I am I should be a similar weight to what I was pre pregnancy (which I don't think so I think I will have at least a stone to loose)

Medzi - Oh I hope they can get your BP figured out!! Hugs!

Mumumumum - I saw Ironman yesterday! We got aisle seats, but I ended up not having to get up because we were in cushy more pricey seats... worth it! Also put my legs up on DH for awhile too... love seat type where arm rest could be pushed up.

Cottleston - You have done so well to last this long with twins!! Things must be getting rough for you now! Hope you were able to take it easy this weekend!

Misslissa - oh yes hard time to be planning a possible move! I would be stressed also! It is hard to be patient and wait for it to happen when you want to be totally ready for the baby! I get it! We are ready for the baby... and have been for a little while... but then we are in a different situation so I wouldn't be comparing.. it'll just make you worry since there's nothing you can do right now, right? If it helps any, you never know when life will throw you a curve ball. We were totally ready for our first baby... a month after having her, a tornado destroyed our house and we could have died! God was with us and things worked out, but it meant having to 'start over' as far as baby stuff and so all that preparation didn't end up meaning a lot. Can you have all his clothes clean and in one place all organized, yet still packed? Infant clothes mostly don't need to be hung, so that might be fine. And yeah my baby won't even be in his crib for 6 months, but I did want it all set up... I'm a planner and impatient... so I get wishing everything was done!

Well, I have a banana on my desk... think I'll go get a spinach salad and add beans to it! Anything to help avoid some leg pains!

Oh and don't have car seat installed... DH just pulled the car seat base out of the attic.. mouse poo on it, eww!

Kelly - Snot sucker probably don't need immediately... nail clippers... well sometimes needed but hospital can do it if needed. Siena did need her clipped a lot at first because she'd scratch... the mittens help a lot though! Bibs.... for spit up so their outfits don't get messy... depends how well they handle feedings, some spit up way more. Siena wasn't that bad, but she would occasionally spit up.. maybe while I was trying to burp her but usually after being laid down for sleep etc, sigh! So I learned to keep something under her in order to avoid changing sheets constantly.

I definitely was feeling more run down this weekend... and sore... hoping being at work helps as I sit a whole lot more. Also, I find I'm actually more comfortable in bed than in a chair, so I tend to watch tv in bed now versus in the living room. We have a temperpedic... I wonder if that is why... because with Siena, the bed hurt my hips a lot but was a pillowtop kind of mattress then. But I guess every baby is different!

Also put on a few pounds this weekend... hoping its water weight from eating high salt stuff and not drinking enough etc... so drinking a lot today and planning to eat lots veggies and such!!

Super tired here too. Feels like the smallest tasks, even just taking a shower, is like running a marathon.

I have an ultrasound in an hour to check on Cubby - make sure my blood pressure isn't affecting the placenta or blood flow. So far these checks have been just fine and Cubby is measuring ahead and is happy so I am sure it will be the same today. I still love getting those sneak peaks!!

Baby has been head down for weeks with feet on my right and back and bum on my left... Woke up this mornin with little baby feet poking out my left side of my tummy! It's weird that she flipped that way. She was in the same position for weeks beforehand! She better stay head down at least!

Oh it's 10:30 here and I'm still lying in bed. What a lazy bum I am!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->