June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Well I have a breech so I have a ginormous hard head sitting right at the top of my bump - and I don't have any padding on me, there's seriously 4mm between the head and my hand and I've been able to feel its ear a couple of times. The top of my bump always feels bruised from the pressure. As for if the bum is engaged at all its hard to know since the bum is so squishy no one can quite tell...

And as for Yoshy's comment about her sil having forgotten the pain after an hour, apparently I just learned the other day that as soon as DD was born I said "can we do it again?" (Or something along those lines) :rofl: I seriously don't remember saying that and I didn't even have any drugs or gas even. So it really can't be that bad haha.

Been having period cramps all morning along with dull backache but the ache travels down my left leg....very strange!
Maybe its all the bd'ing me and my other half have been doing haha!

Well I have a breech so I have a ginormous hard head sitting right at the top of my bump - and I don't have any padding on me, there's seriously 4mm between the head and my hand and I've been able to feel its ear a couple of times. The top of my bump always feels bruised from the pressure. As for if the bum is engaged at all its hard to know since the bum is so squishy no one can quite tell...

And as for Yoshy's comment about her sil having forgotten the pain after an hour, apparently I just learned the other day that as soon as DD was born I said "can we do it again?" (Or something along those lines) :rofl: I seriously don't remember saying that and I didn't even have any drugs or gas even. So it really can't be that bad haha.

LMAO at the 4mm between head and hand and being able to feel its ear!
I've not felt any specific limbs sticking out yet either since I've got a ton of extra padding between the outside and inside :dohh:

am now 36 weeks and baby still not dropped, i guess he will soon? was only 1/5 engaged at 35 weeks.

also got told femur length is short..hes been measuring at 50% in every scan apart from yesterday - head and abdomen still above 50%, femur was below, should i be worried? my sonographer was a bit of a cow, told me off for being late (i was on time her watch was fast) then freaks me out with the short femur length and goes maybe its because im short...cheeky moo.

doctor didnt seem worried though just said all is fine see me at 38 weeks..hmm

Bunni, my doc doesn't even seem to check femur length... he bases his estimates on head and abdomen... probably part of the reason they're so wildly different each time... I wouldn't worry about it, regardless.

oh i see! baby's femur been measured at every scan...hmm
yeah im trying not to worry it was just the way the sonographer said it

Kelly - I prefer the jeans with the full belly panel... seem to fit longer. Versus the ones with the band... I ended up cutting the band on one side this pregnancy as I stopped wearing that pair early on last time and didn't see the point in putting them away so soon when everywhere else still fit! So I just wear a long tank to cover the torn side!

Kendi - Yes I am definitely more gassy, eek!

Yoshy - Did your SIL get an epidural? For me, the worst pain was the pitocin contractions before I got the epidural... birth was work, but didn't hurt... and afterbirth was a breeze. Ha, but definitely did NOT forget the pain part. But seems like a lot of people do.

Bunni - I am almost 38 weeks... not sure about now but I know baby hadn't dropped at 36 weeks, I was told his head was up against my pelvis on one side but that was fine and he could wait until labor to drop... and that this was normal... especially if you've had a baby before. Means less pressure on your bladder so that is good!

And my dr says femur length is always screwy on his scans... always says too short. So he doesn't trust the numbers. And that ended up being the case with my first baby. She didn't have stump legs even though scan made it seem like she did!

Had MIL keep Siena last night. Had some promising pains. Stronger BH occuring a lot more often than normal (which is already pretty often) and lower back pains. I felt like maybe it might have progressed things somehow so I was cool with the discomfort. Versus just the regular aches and pains of being prego where it felt like I might be prego FOREVER.

Sleeping was hard. Woke up often with discomfort and around 1am I started getting more pronounced pain. But not the ebb and flow that would indicate contractions that I could count? But, then I was also trying to still get some sleep so wasn't exactly trying hard to time anything. Figured if it was 'for real', I wouldn't be able to ignore it at all. By morning, I was sore but not in pain. Just incredibly TIRED. We'll see how much of the workday I make it through.

No idea what yesterday and last night were about... confusing!

well baby has been head down for few weeks just not engaged so i guess thats a good thing. he will do it in his own time
i will not worry about the femur length if it was a worry doctor would have said something
thanks

Yeah I was a bit nervous when my baby wasn't head down (he is now). Dr wasn't. But yea hard not to worry because not something that baby can do last minute because then too big to flip. Engaging etc can happen last minute I think.

I'm going to get my cervix and such checked next week. Doubt baby is engaged though. Seems like I'd have to be feeling bad for that to be the case? Like I don't feel like this baby is about to 'fall out' or anything. But I do feel more comfortable if I keep my legs apart if I'm sitting... so he's not suuuper high...

Thanks for responding ladies, so should we assume that increased gas is a sign of nearing end?........any second time mums? was this a sign?

Cottlestonepie, am also having frequent bowel movement which was common early in pregnancy.

I think the gas can last for weeks before labour unfortunately :(

And speaking of femur length, at my 36 weeks scan baby was measuring 6.5lbs but less than 18" long... So I've got a short chubby little one according to the scan. Hopefully they are a bit off. I know she's got a big bum like her dad because I can feel it sticking out! I also love trying to grab her little feet when they stick out :)

ahhh i see, so i shouldnt worry too much, i found out my baby is back to back with me..so hes hiding his bum from me haha. i still cant make out any legs/feet yet...its still just bumps under the skin

Oh I hope you feel the feet soon, they're my favorite :). I can almost feel their exact shape at this point... They seem big but I was born with really big feet. 21 days to go for me ladies!! Praying so hard that she decides to come early!!

Mmmm I had a pedicure on my lunch!! And she did a deep tissue massage on my feet beforehand! I didnt even CARE if she painted my nails by the time she was done massaging! But now my feet feel so clean and nice and have a pretty orange/red polish on them. :)

Libby, my SIL did get the epidural, yes. She said it allowed her to sleep for like 3 hours, I think, and she wouldn't have been able to do it without it.

Today was my last day in work! Thank god. I've been really struggling sitting in that chair for 9 hours a day. I never thought sitting at a desk would be so tough!
Now my little girl has her mummy back full time :) sooo happy.
I'm planning to blitz the house tomorrow then I'm doing nothing but enjoying my little girl until baby arrives
So happy :)

Mmmm I had a pedicure on my lunch!! And she did a deep tissue massage on my feet beforehand! I didnt even CARE if she painted my nails by the time she was done massaging! But now my feet feel so clean and nice and have a pretty orange/red polish on them. :)

My hubby spent ages painting my toe nails when I was last pregnant, he did a really good job I was impressed!
Then the next day I got told I needed a csection and they made him remove it in the hospital :haha: he was devastated lol

Nice Libby! Way to treat yourself :)

I just had a great drs appt at my clinic with a dr I haven't seen before. I was worried after my growth scan last week that baby was big, and he spent ages feeling around my tummy feeling the size of the baby.

He said scans are really inaccurate at this stage of pregnancy and from what he was feeling she is the perfect size and not too big at all. He said, "you won't have any trouble pushing her out" lol! So reassuring to hear I won't have a gigantic baby!

That's always good to hear!
I'm in agony with gas pains. I don't know if babies are positioned in a way that is stopping it from coming out but it's sooo painful. It's 2:30am and I'm running out of ways to try and help it along. I just want to sleeeeeep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->