June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I feel the same as you, every twinge I think "is this it?", my sister said when you're in labour, trust me you'll know all about it!
I'm so ridiculously excited, not even nervous about the birth at the moment as I know it's going to hurt and I know it's gotta come out! Anyone else feeling laid back about this whole process? Maybe I'll change my mind if I go waaaay overdue!!

Made it to 37 weeks! After today i've not been this pregnant before.

All pretty much the same for me. Only difference was milk leakage after my shower this morning. First time in weeks.

So ready to meet her now.

I feel the same as you, every twinge I think "is this it?", my sister said when you're in labour, trust me you'll know all about it!
I'm so ridiculously excited, not even nervous about the birth at the moment as I know it's going to hurt and I know it's gotta come out! Anyone else feeling laid back about this whole process? Maybe I'll change my mind if I go waaaay overdue!!

Yup, I'm like you. I'm not nervous, more excited. I know there'll be some pain but I also know it's nothing I can't handle. I've been reading friends' birth stories for like 5 years already, and I feel like at this point I've prepared myself mentally for any possibility that might come along. I'll have my doula and my mum or dad with me, as well as DH, and between them they can help me get through it.

Medzi - Yay for a real due date now! And dilated some yay!! Best of luck!! Exciting!!!

Oh man I know it must have been hard to go through the process of getting your DH diagnosed and such! Although, now I wonder how things might be different if that had happened after I met DH instead of before. Because although yeah my DH has the symptoms, he says he takes the meds just to make it easier to focus because work is so stressful? So then that makes it hard to talk about it seriously, since he considers it just a help and he doesn't actually have a diagnosis. And no one is allowed to know he takes the meds. Not even his family.

Sigh. Right now things are good with DH I s'pose. But definitely can see it being an issue again for me. I want to do stuff as a family and he's off doing things babies can't do. And says he can't wait until Siena's old enough to do this and this etc. Um ok but she can't now so how about more FAMILY stuff?? Hope its better for you. Siena is 2 now so things have gotten better. But yeah.

Mum - Hope they were contractions and helped you dilate some! I've had pain like that one night so far and I wasn't dilated from it, grr. So what was the point?? But you have 3 weeks to go or less, woo!

Kendi - Ok yeah I have no idea what real contractions feel like starting out since I was induced and they got strong so fast. Did you also read whether or not whole bump gets hard like with BH?? That's what I've been wondering!

Carly - I am feeling laid back... not anxious yet... kinda almost hard to believe its almost the end! Gotten used to feeling prego and ugh since its been so long! For me, I want the baby now but also want to wait so I have more time just being a family of three.

And Medzi, I was inducted last time... let's see...

I like the way my dr set it up. He had me check into the hospital the night before since first timers tend to take awhile and he wanted me to get some sleep. Otherwise, I would have had to wake up at the crack of dawn. So we went in late, around 11pm (since I knew there was no point in trying to go to bed early, too excited!). They checked me in, got us situated, then let us go to bed! Sometime during the night, maybe 2 am, they started pitocin. When dr did morning rounds around 7am, he broke my water... said he likes to wait a bit to do that, but I forget why? And he said he'd be back at lunch to deliver! After that, there's a blur of pain between when the contractions got really bad and I hadn't gotten my epidural yet. At one point, I was dilated enough, but couldn't get it for an extra 1.5 hours because anaesthesiologist got pulled away for an emergency c section. That was the worst part of labour and when I seriously wondered how anyone with a choice would EVER have a second baby! Once I got the epidural, life was great. I had him come back to top me off when I could feel a bit of pain and was good to go. Dr came at lunch to check me and things moved fast... he said yup you're ready and within minutes everything was assembled and I was pushing! She was out in under 5 minutes. He cut me so I wouldn't tear... her head was and always has been 95 percentile or higher, ha, for size.

Anyway, as far as inductions go, I guess mine was good because no drama? But I had a ton of pain from the pitocin. I'd like to get the epidural sooner last time since pitocin makes contractions way more intense... especially if it happens like it did for me where they FORGOT to turn down the pitocin when epidural got delayed so ended up getting TOO strong before my fam alerted the staff and they realized it and turned it down! I've talked to plenty of people who got the epidural before the contractions were unbearable and the whole process was super smooth and almost pleasant.

Good lord can someone PLEASE tell me how to get these babies out! :haha: Not even a twinge for days. Literally about two BHs a day and nothing more. I'm almost tempted to go into L&D to tell them about reduced movement on the off chance they bring the date forward even though I know they're only not moving much because they're so freakin squashed!

I know it's only a week but gah!

Looks like my June baby is going to be a May baby!

Any other non first time moms with induction stories?

Congrats on a due date!!! How exciting! Good luck!!

My induction was a rough one, but I was barely thinned out and wasn't dialated at all when they started me so we had to start from scratch. After my waters were broken I had a pill inserted that made me have contractions and then I got pitocin on top of it.

Good lord can someone PLEASE tell me how to get these babies out! :haha: Not even a twinge for days. Literally about two BHs a day and nothing more. I'm almost tempted to go into L&D to tell them about reduced movement on the off chance they bring the date forward even though I know they're only not moving much because they're so freakin squashed!

I am both comforted by the fact that you've made it this far-- and also terrified. Hahahah! Hope you get some relief soon and are holding your babies :cloud9:

I have BH and movement all the time! And still no signs of labour at all. But seeing as I have a singleton, I'm not anxious about delivering ASAP. Waiting...

Ha yeah no room left for them!!

Oh lord Cottleston why don’t those little stinkers want to make their way out??? Clearly they don’t know about all the space and yummy milk awaiting them when they do ;) 7 days and counting though!! I’m at 22 and can’t wait!

Hope your little guys make their way out soon. I'm more than ready with only one. Everyday i'm more impatient to meet her.

Hope your little guys make their way out soon. I'm more than ready with only one. Everyday i'm more impatient to meet her.

Shopping for clothes while pregnant is hilarious! I've only gained 20 lbs, but I look at the size small maternity clothes and think, "those look huge! There's no way that will fit me."

And then I get into the change room and it just fits, or its too small and I need a size bigger! Lol!

Also, I got 2 pairs of maternity jeans when I was about 15 weeks, and the sales lady told me they would fit my whole pregnancy up to a 30lb weight gain. Well it's frustrating cause they fit fine in the legs and bum 20 lbs later, but are way too tight around my baby belly. Which is so uncomfortable, so I'm pretty much stuck wearing leggings every day!!

Anyone having increased gas episodes?.....so am either experiencing pelvic pressure, having loose stool, or going thru gas episodes.

Shopping for clothes while pregnant is hilarious! I've only gained 20 lbs, but I look at the size small maternity clothes and think, "those look huge! There's no way that will fit me."

And then I get into the change room and it just fits, or its too small and I need a size bigger! Lol!

Also, I got 2 pairs of maternity jeans when I was about 15 weeks, and the sales lady told me they would fit my whole pregnancy up to a 30lb weight gain. Well it's frustrating cause they fit fine in the legs and bum 20 lbs later, but are way too tight around my baby belly. Which is so uncomfortable, so I'm pretty much stuck wearing leggings every day!!

I soooo feel you!

I finally got to see my SIL and my new niece last night, and thought I'd share something my SIL told me to encourage everyone (particularly the first timers like me).

She told me that half an hour after the birth, she already couldn't remember the pain of giving birth! :)

(She also said that the uterine massage after the birth actually hurt her more than the birth itself, but again, it's a short thing and has to be done, so I guess it's a "this too shall pass" thing...)

Yoshy have to agree with sil it's amazing how quickly you forget everything. By day 2 I was saying to dh when could we do it all again.

Kelly - I'm going through cycles
D1 - constant trips to loo
D2 - no action
D3 - full of gas
D4 - constant trips to loo
Oh the joys of pregnancy

I seem to be full of gas lately too...
And going to the toilet more. Like up to 3 times a day instead of every other day like earlier in the pregnancy.

Lots of gas here too. Especially first thing.

Where's everyone's babies sitting? Mine was 4/5 at my mw app last week. She has had her bum on one side all the time, but moving from left to right if that makes sense. This morning it feels like she's got it right in the middle, around my belly button. I hope this means she's engaged and getting ready to come! I don't think I have the patience to wait anothee 4-5 weeks at all.

Plus, while dh is looking for a new job at least he'll be there for the birth. If he starts one before she is born then it will be harder for him to come.

I dunno about how far down Kiddo is (I mentioned baby being engaged in pelvis at my appointment on Sunday and he gave me a look, and told me that at 35 weeks, I don't want him to be engaged yet), but as far as where, his back shifts between the middle and left side of my belly all the time. He's pretty consistent other than that though... most of the kicks at this point tend to be on the upper left (not in my ribs, thank goodness, but just below), and occasionally I'll feel an elbow lower down.

Mine are free. Twin 1 is head down, not engaged, but mostly in the middle. His back/bum shift between the middle and my left.
Twin 2 is head up, really high, with his back going round my left and his legs up by his head (unless they've moved since Monday).

So yeah, in the mornings I wake up with 2 babies smoothed up on my left and a hollow belly on the right. It looks a bit odd.

I'm going to MILs today. I'm so nervous as its an hour away from my hospital and I'm used to being 5 minutes away. I'm sure these babies are staying put til Wednesday now but I'm still a bit anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->