June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Mummummum - oh I hope I've dropped too! Would mean the pain I've felt wasn't for no reason!

Lisa - Thanks!! Yes does help to hear you hadn't had any signs before labor!

I have a dr appt today... Dr wants to check my cervix, but I don't have high hopes and I realize it doesn't matter anyway. I would like to know if the baby has dropped even though I know that doesn't really matter either, especially if not your first baby. But would like to be told that's what has caused my pain lately! Or be given another reason other than its just part of being prego... I want SPECIFIC reasons, ha.

I didn't have the sweep.
Baby is in position but not engaged. Got to spend the next couple of days on the gym ball

Yeah I'm guessing I'll be similar... last time, the baby was head down, but at an angle, so most I'm hoping for is that he's straightened out... doubt he's engaged. I wonder if it feels different once they are engaged and if we will notice? Probably not until really far down, I'd guess...

sumday - yay for having a date!!

Kendi - Yeah seems like some days I don't have enough symptoms and get discouraged and then other days I'm in misery and wishing I could feel better! It's a lose-lose right now!

2nd time - Good luck with your appt! Haha yeah I used my shaver since I have an appt today and its spotty, oh well!!

CottlestonPie - Wow, yes those are good size twins!! That probably means they'll have an easier time with eating and breathing etc! You did awesome!!!

2ndtime: again LOL i feel like I'm kind of a hit n miss as well think we should all get props for some attempt Hehe!

Libby: thank you!

Cottlestone: holy smokes no wonder you were a hurting unit! 13lbs of baby! My boys were 6ers at term as singletons so those are very nice sized twin boys!!! Wowzers CONGRATS to you and your little family, they are very handsome!!!

Wishing I could check facebook at work as I know there's folks probably on there now chatting... at work and impatient for the day to hurry up... 3 more days of work. Feeling not so bad today though, phew. I brought my maternity support belt and a heating pad, but forgot to bring some pillows to put in my chair.

I know there are folks off on maternity leave that are waiting... looking forward to joining your ranks! Seems like tons of babies have already been born... let us know if someone starts up a new thread on here in the parenting forum!

Now off to scour bnb for info on how people felt in the days leading up to their deliveries... desperate to know as many possible 'signs' as possible haha.

I didn't have the sweep.
Baby is in position but not engaged. Got to spend the next couple of days on the gym ball

Yeah I'm guessing I'll be similar... last time, the baby was head down, but at an angle, so most I'm hoping for is that he's straightened out... doubt he's engaged. I wonder if it feels different once they are engaged and if we will notice? Probably not until really far down, I'd guess...

She said I'm between brim and 4/5 so she's in the right place this time but said a sweep wouldn't work.
I have a week until my due date so I need to get pumping the gym ball up.
I really thought she was well engaged because I've been feeling pressure down there so god knows what that was lol

Anyone using breast pump to help induce yet? Tempted to try... my mom will be here by tomorrow night so I think it might be ok to start trying things now since I don't think anything will 'work'... but if it did, would it be less than 24 hours??

I asked the LnD nurse what self methods really work: nipple stim was her reply but she said you have to be dedicated to it, (blushing) I tried it, only lasted an hour than had contractions for about 4 hours. It's a pity I fell asleep, think it may of worked LOL!!! I didn't ask her if pump would be easier but common sense says it would be? She did say stim 1 at a time for 2 minutes than wait 15 minutes. I'm curious to know if anyone has ever tried too?!

Dylan and Eddie born at 9:45ish (I still don't have exact times lol) weighing 6lb 7 and 6lb 12 respectively. Nice big boys!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/4AEE1D7D-65E7-4F4A-B17B-16C6EFF67D52-274-0000001C7B0BC7AE_zpsebff0946.jpg

Both are doing well. As am I. Bit tired and sore but totally in love with my lil dudes. Dylan looks a lot like ds1 as a newborn.

Oh my gosh they are gorgeous little boys!! Oh I'm so jealous of their cuteness!! So glad that everything went well... I hope your recovery goes smoothly too. They are too sweet!!

Congrats Cottleston :). Gorgeous boys. Hope you are doing ok :hugs:

Congrats cottleston, I bet you're relieved it's over, they're beautiful boys, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery x

I asked the LnD nurse what self methods really work: nipple stim was her reply but she said you have to be dedicated to it, (blushing) I tried it, only lasted an hour than had contractions for about 4 hours. It's a pity I fell asleep, think it may of worked LOL!!! I didn't ask her if pump would be easier but common sense says it would be? She did say stim 1 at a time for 2 minutes than wait 15 minutes. I'm curious to know if anyone has ever tried too?!

1 at a time for 2 min then 15 min rest then back at it again? For how long? Sounds like an hour did something. YEah not sure how much longer I could last! Seems like with a pump, I'd get sore by then! My dr is going to look at me like I'm crazy if I ask him... so basing it off what I read on here!

After walking around the supermarket for an hour or so I got all the tightenings and cramps back. Some enough to stop me walking. Lots of pain down low too. I'm now having a bath and she has done some of her biggest, craziest movements yet. I sooo want to see her and hold her now.

Dh and I picked up a home cook chinese and our fave tv prog is on tonight. Maybe she plans to interrupt it!

Looking forward to my mw app tomorrow. Hope she has good news for me!

Congrats CottlestonPie, they are both beautiful!,

I had a sweep today so hopefully it works. Nothing so far!!

Had a midwife apt yesterday and 2 weeks ago, baby's head was 3/5 engaged. I mentioned this to her and asked if it was fully engaged yet and she said it probably wouldn't until I'm in labour coz if it engages anymore we'd be able to see it.
Does this mean anything to you? I didn't ask questions just accepted what she said, just thought it was strange.

Good luck! Was it awful? My SIL said it was and it makes me nervous for them to suggest one if I carry on!

Had a midwife apt yesterday and 2 weeks ago, baby's head was 3/5 engaged. I mentioned this to her and asked if it was fully engaged yet and she said it probably wouldn't until I'm in labour coz if it engages anymore we'd be able to see it.
Does this mean anything to you? I didn't ask questions just accepted what she said, just thought it was strange.

Never heard that before! I have read that it's not unusual for second, third etc babies to engage during labour rather than before, and to move in and out of the pelvis. As I understood it they can go to 1/5 engaged though. :shrug:

Good luck! Was it awful? My SIL said it was and it makes me nervous for them to suggest one if I carry on!

Never heard that before! I have read that it's not unusual for second, third etc babies to engage during labour rather than before, and to move in and out of the pelvis. As I understood it they can go to 1/5 engaged though. :shrug:

I heard that too about 2nd + pregnancies, according to my notes the head was 3/5 into my pelvis so nearly there. The midwife was vey nice BUT I felt a bit conveyor belt type feeling.nso I think she just said anything to get me out.

1 at a time for 2 min then 15 min rest then back at it again? For how long? Sounds like an hour did something. YEah not sure how much longer I could last! Seems like with a pump, I'd get sore by then! My dr is going to look at me like I'm crazy if I ask him... so basing it off what I read on here!

She said until you get in a regular contraction pattern

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->