June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Wow our thread has been moved! I just lay down for a little nap on the couch.... woke up 3 hours later! Oops. Hope my body doesn't think I have enough time to do this everyday!

Name: Lottie
Due date: At a guess around 10th June
Child number: 2
Hoping for a boy/girl: Either! Just a happy healthy baby would be awesome
Symptoms: Nausea at random times of the day, sore boobies and sore nipples :blush:, easily irritated and feeling emotional at everything, impatient too (soooo long until my 12 week scan!)

Im going to tell my best friend at 8 weeks, and everyone else after scan when I know everything is ok. First Drs appointment on 22nd, hoping to have scan before Xmas :happydance:

:flower:

Ok ladies just been for my scan I'm measuring at 5 an a half weeks saw heartbeat.

Also it's TWINS !!!!!!!!!

I'm in utter shock :) :) :)

Ok ladies just been for my scan I'm measuring at 5 an a half weeks saw heartbeat.

Also it's TWINS !!!!!!!!!

I'm in utter shock :) :) :)

OMG more TWINS!!! Congratulations!!!!

It seems so weird that in the UK they don't do anything, no bloods taken for hcg levels, no pregnancy test, no early scans. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and I haven't been to the GP because I know they wont do anything. I have referred myself to the hospital I want to go to and have an appointment on the 26th October. They won't do a scan then though, they wont do one until I'm between 11 and 14 weeks!!!

Name: Karen
Due date: 6th June
Child number: 1
Hoping for a boy/girl: Either
Symptoms: Not much so far, Im just exhausted and a little bit of nausea in the evening

Heartbeat seen at 2nd emergency scan - :wohoo: having lost two at this stage I am over the moon :)

Congrats on the twins!

Mizze xx

wow, congrats on twins shobbs! :)

I'm glad it's not just me thats feeling moody (well I don't want others to feel like that but it makes me feel more normal!) I am so thrilled to be pregnant. But I just feel really low atm. I know whats adding to it, the house is a total mess. We are starting a massive clear out tomorrow which will make me feel better. How we are going to fit another child in this house I don't know!

dd is unwell and been off school the last 2 days, so I haven't left the house.

And my workplace are re-structuring so I am at risk of redundancy which is a big worry. And even if they do keep me it will be on a new contract of about 10hrs less a week so will loose about £250 a month, and I am confused about maternity pay. I will have been there just over 2yrs when baby is born, so I should be entitled to mat pay, but if i'm on a new contract will it count as only being employed by them since the new contract or my whole time there? Does anyone know where I can go to for advice? I'm not telling them i'm pregnant until after they have given me a new contract or until I have to by law depending which is first. I don't know if any of that made sense, lol.

Also chocolate makes me sick!!

Hip Hip Hooray for more twins! Congratulations Shobbs! :happydance:

Mizze, I am so happy your scan went well. That's fantastic! Such great posts to read this morning.

AFM~ I had just about the worst night sleep ever. Went to bed at 8pm (that's the latest I seem to be able to stay up these days) woke up at midnight, couldn't fall back asleep until 3:30am, woke up again at 5:30 when DH got up for work, fell asleep for a little bit and am now up for the day at 7 feeling very groggy. Sure hope I can work in a nap today.

The good news is I graduated to an appleseed today. Yay!

wow, congrats on twins shobbs! :)

I'm glad it's not just me thats feeling moody (well I don't want others to feel like that but it makes me feel more normal!) I am so thrilled to be pregnant. But I just feel really low atm. I know whats adding to it, the house is a total mess. We are starting a massive clear out tomorrow which will make me feel better. How we are going to fit another child in this house I don't know!

dd is unwell and been off school the last 2 days, so I haven't left the house.

And my workplace are re-structuring so I am at risk of redundancy which is a big worry. And even if they do keep me it will be on a new contract of about 10hrs less a week so will loose about £250 a month, and I am confused about maternity pay. I will have been there just over 2yrs when baby is born, so I should be entitled to mat pay, but if i'm on a new contract will it count as only being employed by them since the new contract or my whole time there? Does anyone know where I can go to for advice? I'm not telling them i'm pregnant until after they have given me a new contract or until I have to by law depending which is first. I don't know if any of that made sense, lol.

Also chocolate makes me sick!!

The whole time - the contract of employment is irrelevant - you have been employed by them for 2 years - therefore you are entitled to the full maternity pay they offer. The direct gov site (below) says

"To qualify for SMP you must have been:

employed by the same employer continuously for at least 26 weeks into the 15th week before the week your baby is due (the qualifying week)
earning on average an amount which at least equals the lower earnings limit which applies on the Saturday at the end of your qualifying week"

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parent...amilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/index.htm

Apart from this site try your local CAB service

HTH

Mizze

Mizze, I am so happy your scan went well. That's fantastic! Such great posts to read this morning.

AFM~ I had just about the worst night sleep ever. Went to bed at 8pm (that's the latest I seem to be able to stay up these days) woke up at midnight, couldn't fall back asleep until 3:30am, woke up again at 5:30 when DH got up for work, fell asleep for a little bit and am now up for the day at 7 feeling very groggy. Sure hope I can work in a nap today.

Yay for appleseed - I hear you on hte lack of sleep -DH snored his head off all last night - I almost killed him - spent half the night on the settee - not fun at all!:wacko:

Mizze x

Yay for appleseed - I hear you on hte lack of sleep -DH snored his head off all last night - I almost killed him - spent half the night on the settee - not fun at all!:wacko:

Mizze x

Ahhh!!! The snoring! DH is a bad snorer too. I bought 32 deci earlplugs and I can still hear him and feel the bed vibrating. I can sleep through it if I'm already asleep, but can't fall asleep when he's going on like a lawn mower. I was on the couch for a bit too, but couldn't get comfy. I sure hope the restless night part of pregnancy passes soon, we're going to get enough of those when the babies come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->