June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Just got back from an early scan, my dates are spot on, gestational sack and yolk sac seen, no heartbeat as yet. :(. Will have to go back in 7-10days to check for a heartbeat. Feeling good that things are 'on track' but would have loved to see that little heartbeat going.

Aww, you will see a heartbeat soon! On a separate topic, it seems really weird that you have already had your 19th October, Ive only just got up for mine and still have a whole day of work to go! :dohh: swap places so I am nearer the weekend?? :haha:

Im a bit cross ATM, my first appointment to have this pg verified by the Dr so I can be booked in with a midwife has been cancelled :growlmad: It was Monday, when I would be 6 weeks 5 days (nearabouts). I dont want to leave it too late to see a Dr as I worked out my 12 week scan will be near Xmas and if its too late to see GP it will have to be after Xmas. I will see if they can offer an appointment before 8 weeks, otherwise I will have to book an appointment on the day and leave work early, which is annoying.

Plus, I went out last night with work and had loads of pasta so feeling very sorry for myself this morning :sick:

Hi ladies :wave:
wondering if i could join you just found out yesterday that we are expecting baby number 2 tentatively due on June 25th but will know a more exact date after i get a doctors appt and what not :)

hoping we all have a happy and healthy nine months

Hey!!! Welcome over xx

can you not book directly with a MW Logan's Mum?

I didnt bother with a Dr appt this time as last time my Dr appt basically went Me - "Im Pregnant" Dr - "Congratulations, book an appt with reception for the MW on your way out"
A waste of my and her time so this time I didnt bother - booked with the MW - saw her for what is basically a "hello Im pregnant" appt so she can work out the EDD and set up the 10 week appt and 12 week scan etc.

Mizze xx

In my area we have to see a gp who then refers us to a midwife by filling in some paperwork with EDD and anything else that's noteworthy, then you get a letter telling you when and where to go for your midwife appointment. Might just be because all our midwives have moved out of the Drs and into the local sure start centres.

I didnt bother with a Dr appt this time as last time my Dr appt basically went Me - "Im Pregnant" Dr - "Congratulations, book an appt with reception for the MW on your way out"
A waste of my and her time so this time I didnt bother - booked with the MW - saw her for what is basically a "hello Im pregnant" appt so she can work out the EDD and set up the 10 week appt and 12 week scan etc.

Mizze xx

Annoyingly you can't book straighaway with MW at my doctors. You have to see Dr with sample to be sent and tested. Once its confirmed you get a MW call u to arrange an appt, where they take blood etc. Then u get scan. When I was pg with Logan I took test at 11 weeks and met MW and had scan by 14 weeks. But think it was quick to sort out due to me testing so late. Think I'm just too impatient to get things going! :haha:

Mizze xx

Annoyingly you can't book straighaway with MW at my doctors. You have to see Dr with sample to be sent and tested. Once its confirmed you get a MW call u to arrange an appt, where they take blood etc. Then u get scan. When I was pg with Logan I took test at 11 weeks and met MW and had scan by 14 weeks. But think it was quick to sort out due to me testing so late. Think I'm just too impatient to get things going! :haha:

Wow! Here they just take your word for it! They certainly dont test you to confirm it. How inconvienient - especially when it takes you forever to get your appointment- thats not nice at all!

Mizze x

I find it fascinating to hear how its done in other places.

I do shared care between my gp and the antenatal clinic at the hospital. My gp gave me a referral for the antenatal clinic at my first appointment, and I don't go to the ANC until I'm 14 weeks, and that's with an ob. Last time I didn't see the actual midwife until 17 weeks and I only had 3-4 midwife appointments. The rest were with my gp. Oh and after 40 weeks appointments are with an ob at the antenatal clinic.

With my first pregnancy my gp first confirmed my pregnancy with a urine test, this time she just took my word for it and booked me a scan.

Just got a call from my doctor and at 5+4 my hcg level was 8,336. Anyone else had theirs checked? Looks like its within the level for 5 weeks??

Mizze xx

That's exactly how it was with me. Was waste of time waiting in docs surgery an hour! He didn't even do a test. Just gave me a phone no and said ring midwife for booking in.

Got my scan date but not had booking in appointment yet although I had my notes etc in the post 2 weeks ago now.

Where r u from in South Wales? X

ooo are there a few of us from Wales? Im from Newport, south wales :-D

Just got a call from my doctor and at 5+4 my hcg level was 8,336. Anyone else had theirs checked? Looks like its within the level for 5 weeks??

I think that's a good number. I got tested on Monday and I'm guessing I was probably 5wk6days and my numbers were 2500. I tested again on Thursday and they were 6000. As long as they're doubling every 2-3 days it's a good sign and means more than the actual number you have (unless it's incredibly low or something)

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is feeling well today!

I hate seeing the angels count go up :( :hugs:

So I've noticed my desire for sex has changed. DRASTICALLY. I've always wanted it daily, sometimes multiple times daily. He's told me in the past I'm the first woman he's ever known that's wanted it more than he does. Lately, though, I'm just really ehh about it. Not because I'm not feeling well or anything, even when I feel fine and I'm not tired, I just don't feel like it. To be fair, though, I haven't felt like doing much of anything except sleeping and eating!

Sorry I'm a little slow on updating girls, I promise to update roll call by tomorrow. As of today, I'm still TECHNICALLY pregnant, I'm just waiting for the meds to get out of my system and the M/C to happen. so please excuse why I've been slacking :)

love to you all!

Sorry I'm a little slow on updating girls, I promise to update roll call by tomorrow. As of today, I'm still TECHNICALLY pregnant, I'm just waiting for the meds to get out of my system and the M/S to happen. so please excuse why I've been slacking :)

love to you all!

No excuses needed:hugs:

I hate seeing the angels count go up :( :hugs:

So I've noticed my desire for sex has changed. DRASTICALLY. I've always wanted it daily, sometimes multiple times daily. He's told me in the past I'm the first woman he's ever known that's wanted it more than he does. Lately, though, I'm just really ehh about it. Not because I'm not feeling well or anything, even when I feel fine and I'm not tired, I just don't feel like it. To be fair, though, I haven't felt like doing much of anything except sleeping and eating!

It is the same for me! I want it more than DH too...now I never even think of it. I just don't want to...

But I am having a hard time eating :( I have no appetite at all and feel sick when I do eat. Dizzy and nausea this morning too.

Hi! New here, due with No. 2 on Jun 27th. Anyone close to that? I'm in the states, in Texas. Just chilling here on a Friday. So excited to be pregnant with no.2. Didn't think this day would every come! DH wasn't quite ready, and I'm 34 and I've been 'encouraging' him for a couple of years :).
We have one DD who is 3 next month. GL to everyone! I'm happy to have some ladies to talk things out with.

And So sorry to hear of all the Angels already, my heart goes out to you. :hug:

Morning ladies!

I'm having a hard time today - for the last few days I've noticed quite a bit of bloating, which I'm finding hard to suck in :winkwink: My tummy is pretty flat normally, but it's already rounding out and looking suspicious. This is not supposed to happen yet!!! I'm a bit irritated... also last night I came down with a horrible cold - bad congestion and a cough. It seems that I can't take anything for the congestion that is safe in the first trimester, so I'm trying to suck it up and using Vicks Vapor rub on my chest at night and saline drops to treat the congestion but it's NOT working! UGH. I also work in a professional office and feel very awkward w/my nose stuffed up and unable to really communicate effectively.... people around me are probably wondering why I'm not taking any meds to keep this cold at bay.

Hi All! Latest symptom: My nipples are on fire! They have this intense burning/itchy feeling. I feel like I need to hold on to them in order to get some relief, which is not exactly easy to do in public. :blush: Anyone else experiencing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->