June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Morning ladies!

Went to see Disney on Ice last night....ahhh it was so magical, I felt like a child again!! I cried at DDs reaction, she was in her element :cloud9: then Lion King came on and they danced to 'Can you feel the love tonight' which is going to be our first dance at our wedding, so I got all emotional again :lol: OH welled up aswell he said, bless!

Andddd it's my DS birthday today :D he's 3!! Can't quite believe this time 3 years ago I was probably laid in bed having a cuddle and feeding, I can't wait for all that again! :cloud9:

Just at work currently, i'm gutted that I can't be at home on his birthday :( I finish at 1 o'clock so its not too bad, I watched him open his presents this morning, just haven't seen him playing with them :( OH has said hes taking lots of pics for me though :thumbup:

Pregnancy wise i'm starting to feel a little better day by day, evenings are the worst for sickness, had a few twinges and stretching cramps but I guess to be expected at this stage, making room for a little growing bean! 7 weeks yesterday, yay!

24 Days till my scan! Hurry upppp

x

Ahhh how fun!!! I took my son to the Ringling Bros Circus this past Thursday, he had a great time!

ooo are there a few of us from Wales? Im from Newport, south wales :-D

Hi jadey, I'm just down the road. Brecon.
So will u have baby in royal gwent? I was born there as I was 6 weeks prem. I wa down there beginning of this cycle for my hsg. X

Oooh I missed this earlier - I live not far from Swansea

My brother and sister were born in the Royal Gwent too - just as well as they were 10 week preemies and our local hospital only had 1 incubator at the time. My Mum was visiting her Mum when she went into labour

Mizze x

Yes i will be at the royal gwent! looks lile we are not too far from each other!!! Usually theres no one from around my area! lol

ooo are there a few of us from Wales? Im from Newport, south wales :-D

Hi jadey, I'm just down the road. Brecon.
So will u have baby in royal gwent? I was born there as I was 6 weeks prem. I wa down there beginning of this cycle for my hsg. X

Oooh I missed this earlier - I live not far from Swansea

My brother and sister were born in the Royal Gwent too - just as well as they were 10 week preemies and our local hospital only had 1 incubator at the time. My Mum was visiting her Mum when she went into labour

Mizze x

I have family and friends in Swansea area. Pontardawe. And also my mother was born in the Rhondda. I always forget what it's called tho as she moved to brecon when she was 18. XX

Hi ladies - wanted to ask around - I had HELLP syndrome with my daughter, developed right at term, and she was delivered by C-section about 5 hours after I went to the hospital that night/morning. I'm worried about pre-eclampsia and HELLP with my "nugget" as well, do any of you have any stories to share about having HELLP or similar in past pregnancies? Any moms who've had more than 1 child had it show up again with another baby?

Hi ladies - wanted to ask around - I had HELLP syndrome with my daughter, developed right at term, and she was delivered by C-section about 5 hours after I went to the hospital that night/morning. I'm worried about pre-eclampsia and HELLP with my "nugget" as well, do any of you have any stories to share about having HELLP or similar in past pregnancies? Any moms who've had more than 1 child had it show up again with another baby?

Hi tartlet,

I don't have experience of this personally, but my best friend had HELLP syndrome with her DS - he was born by emergency C-section at 29 weeks because things were not looking good. He was in intensive care for 2 months but is now doing OK apart from having weak lungs. I think my friend was told there was a 20% chance of getting it in subsequent pregnancies? She's not trying for her second baby until next year so I can't tell you her outcome yet. I'm sure your Dr will keep you under very close watch?

xxxx

Good Morning its the Weekend!! :happydance:

Well, I managed to get an appointment at the Drs on Monday afternoon instead, still miffed they cancelled the appointment in the morning as now it means I will have to carry a cup of morning wee round with me allllll day :rofl:

Hope you are all well, when are you telling people you are pg? I thought 12 weeks for work people (my boss will know after my first mw appointment). My bestest friend I will tell at 8 weeks I think. Not sure on mum as I might see her before 12 weeks so she might notice the bloat :haha:

Have told more people than I was planning on telling at this stage! Have told Mum, Stepdad, 2 best friends, 1 workmate (who I used to exercise with A LOT so had to explain why I have all of a sudden stopped boot camp and netball), cousin (who is staying with us at the mo and I didn't want to have to hide my pregnancy while at home), and just told one of my stepsisters and her partner (she is 14w pregnant and we are going to a pregnancy and baby expo next weekend - I wouldn't be able to bear going to a pregnancy and baby expo and having to give her all the freebies I collect - lol!!). Not sure whether to tell the rest of the family after my 8 week scan, or just wait until first tri is over! Decisions decisions :flow:

Just thinking about food makes me want to gag.
My doctor wants me to have a second u/s next week already, I'll only be 7 weeks.

Yup I'm having to force myself to eat, so I can have energy at work! I find I'm ok when I'm busy but as soon as I sit down to rest, major nausea! And I'm so tired so all I want to do is rest :(. Hope it passes soon!!

Why the 2nd scan so soon?

she wants to make sure the baby is growing :shrug:

Of course the baby is growing!!! That's why you can't eat lol. Lucky you you get to see your baby again :)

Just thinking about food makes me want to gag.
My doctor wants me to have a second u/s next week already, I'll only be 7 weeks.

Yup I'm having to force myself to eat, so I can have energy at work! I find I'm ok when I'm busy but as soon as I sit down to rest, major nausea! And I'm so tired so all I want to do is rest :(. Hope it passes soon!!

Why the 2nd scan so soon?

she wants to make sure the baby is growing :shrug:

Of course the baby is growing!!! That's why you can't eat lol. Lucky you you get to see your baby again :)

No, I can eat, but I can't think about it after or before. For example, if I think about what I'm making for supper, I feel like I'm going to be sick. So I can't think about food :dohh: but I can eat. For now I guess...hopefully m/s won't come, I love eating too much.

havent been on in awhile! i couldnt remember the password! But I am back! :) how has everyone been?

we have zumba after work and am having to think of more and more elaborate excuses!want to avoid all that pelvic grinding for first tri!!

ughh i feel quite minging this morning. 6 weeks today though. Yay!

Happy Sunday everyone.........Also 7 weeks today yay!!!!! Have woken up feeling REALLY nauseas, much worse than previously. I'm staring at the cup of tea next to me thinking, I cant do it......... bleurgh!!!
Anyway.... Got a scan booked for Tuesday at 3PM, I'm working til 14.45 so wont have long to wait after my shift! I'm so excited to see our baby. Also cant wait to find out my dates for sure. Keeping this a secret is so difficult. My mother said something to me last night about taking time off next September for a wedding and I NEARLY said but I'll b on maternity leave but I managed to stop before I started!! Its guna b a long 5 weeks!!! How you all feeling this morning?

Happy Sunday everyone.........Also 7 weeks today yay!!!!! Have woken up feeling REALLY nauseas, much worse than previously. I'm staring at the cup of tea next to me thinking, I cant do it......... bleurgh!!!
Anyway.... Got a scan booked for Tuesday at 3PM, I'm working til 14.45 so wont have long to wait after my shift! I'm so excited to see our baby. Also cant wait to find out my dates for sure. Keeping this a secret is so difficult. My mother said something to me last night about taking time off next September for a wedding and I NEARLY said but I'll b on maternity leave but I managed to stop before I started!! Its guna b a long 5 weeks!!! How you all feeling this morning?

I know what you mean! My boss, whom I am very close with but not ready to tell about the pregnancy is recently engaged and just told me her wedding will be up north on the lake in June. Aaagh!!! Almost blurted out, well I won't be able to come then because of the baby. Thank goodness I also caught myself. Who thought keeping your mouth shut would be such hard work? Especially with pregnancy brain :dohh:

I'm rubbish at keeping secrets, it's been no secret we've been trying 18months. So all my friends knew straight away, they ask me every month... Any luck? So it's too hard when it was our month to lie, so I didn't. Luckily one of my best friends is 24 weeks pregnant so when we have bday nights out etc I have her to buddy up with and drink oj. Lol. Had my mates 30th last night and we both snuck off at 11pm to get a takeaway and go home xx

I'm going to a wedding party tonight with a load of girls from work and i was the first to offer to drive!! I also have a work night out next Saturday so i'm thinking of ordering sumthin that looks like its alcoholic. Any suggestions? Was thinking of sumthin other than lemonade as it does actually look like a soft drink coz of the glass it comes in..... to be decided i think! :wine:
I also turn 30 in December but i'll be about 14 weeks by then thankfully and also en-route to New York woop woop! Thankfully, no excuses needed in front of my parents who are joining us on our trip!!

I'm going to a wedding party tonight with a load of girls from work and i was the first to offer to drive!! I also have a work night out next Saturday so i'm thinking of ordering sumthin that looks like its alcoholic. Any suggestions? Was thinking of sumthin other than lemonade as it does actually look like a soft drink coz of the glass it comes in..... to be decided i think! :wine:
I also turn 30 in December but i'll be about 14 weeks by then thankfully and also en-route to New York woop woop! Thankfully, no excuses needed in front of my parents who are joining us on our trip!!

I've been getting non alcoholic cocktails cos they jazz them up the same way as alcoholic ones. Last night for my friends bday we stayed in a bar we always go to and are friends with the owners, they did cocktails and canapés for her and the girls and they did a jug of non alcoholic for my other pregnant friend and I so felt like we were joining in at least. What about lemonade and lime? U could say its vodka lemonade and lime then, just ask at the bar for it in a high ball glass. Failing that u could say a day or so before ur feeling crappy maybe fake a water infection then in the night say u have anti biotics cos of it and can't drink as makes it worse? I know people who have done that before. Totally believable x

I think a good drink to get is cranberry juice mixed with seltzer and lime. I got it the other night in a sports bar with my friend who was visiting and didn't know. I leaned in to the bartender when I ordered it and he had no idea! Assumed there was vodka in it :haha:

Have a great time in New York! I used to live there and DH is from there. It's actually where we met so I will always have a special place in my heart for the city <3

Mizzie - happy 8 weeks fellow welshie xx

ughh i feel quite minging this morning. 6 weeks today though. Yay!
Happy 6 weeks jadey!

I'm 7weeks 1 day yay! Xx :happydance:

Cheers Lisa :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone reaching milestones!

Feeling better than yesterday - OMG yesterday was horrible.:sick: :sick: BUT I have been using sea sickness bands on my wrists and really wasnt sure they were working. After the morning's shower I forgot to put them back on - didnt realise until this morning, well if ever I needed proof that they were working - yesterday was it. Am NOT taking them off again

Mizze x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"