June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Happy 8 weeks to me! :) yay

Got MW on Monday for bloods, dreading it as I faint every time I have my bloods taken, I really don't like it! Normally have bloods taken at hospital with 12 weeks scan and OH is there with me but because its just a separate appt and not much will be going on apart from bloods, OH said he won't be able to take time off....booooh!! :( I'm sure I will be fine!

Any plans for the weekend ladies? I'm working then probs go see family on Sunday or I'm feeling a lazy Sunday if kids will allow it :lol:

X

So sorry Lorna :(

Anyone ever have your eyesight go wonky? I was working on editing an article and everything went ... criss-crossed I guess is the best way to describe it. Kind of like my eyes crossed (but they didn't) and lights seemed to get brighter. Made me feel woozy. Thought it was because I was staring at the screen, but I looked away and it kept going. Had to close my eyes for a good minute or so. Not sure if it's pregnancy related, but never had anything quite like that happen before.

Ahhh so i went into the hossy to get my bloods done and they said no they will just do a scan. I am over the moon to say that we seen our little bean and a heartbeat!!!! We have to go back on Monday to check dates as the doc said the machine she was using was crap lol. So will hopefully get pics on monday!!!!:)

Tartlet I suffer from migraines every 3-4 months but haven't had one since being pregnant. I'm not far enough along to know whether it will be better or worse than normal but I do know I've not had as many regular headaches recently.

Stef, I had my eyesight go funny today as it happens. I got really dizzy and light headed too. Putting it down to hormones/blood volume/dehydration.

tartlet I normally get migraines at least a couple times a month and I've noticed since being pregnant I've got quite a few, but I can tell they're also related to not having enough to eat. I try to never get too hungry because I know there's a good chance to set one off. It's also worse for me because they don't sell any kind of Tylenol where I live, so my only option is taking aspirin which I obviously won't take. I do have prescribed meds to help prevent migraines, but I doubt it's safe in pregnancy

CottlestonPie, glad to know I'm not just crazy. I'm definitely mildly dehydrated, been sipping water all day and still soooo thirsty.

So I went to go buy some bras because I have none that fit. My breasts were already pretty large to begin with, so now, they're massive. I couldn't find any that fit right that didn't look like an ace bandage or a granny bra. Broke down in tears right there in the store! I can't believe I cried in public over bras. The nice sales lady at Macy's was very nice though and said it's okay to cry over bras when you're pregnant :holly::cry:

Hope its not too late to join! I am due June 27th with our first baby. 5 weeks Pregnant today! We are so excited, nervous, scared...all at the same time! Our first dr. appointment (blood work and paper work with nurse) is on November 27th which feels like FOREVER away!! Good thing about having it that late is that the next one which is set up for December 10th is the first scan and I'm so happy we don't have to wait too long between our first two appointments!

Symptoms haven't been that bad, crampy (sometimes some sharp twinges) and just flat our exhausted. Seem to be a little more hungry than normal and only wanting to eat something that sounds delicious at that second.

We are also not telling anyone of our pregnancy until closer to the first appointment. I will be just shy of 10 weeks at that point and even though we wouldn't be out of the dark we would feel more comfortable waiting to tell anyone until then. EVEN though i want to scream it to the entire world right now!! AHH. I'm just so happy to have found this community of women (and a few Dads as well) to take this journey with me since I have yet to share with any of my closest family or friends.

Welcome Julie, and Congrats! Also expecting our first baby and first grndchild both families, can understand wanting to wait before sharing:).....we are now 8w 4d or there about, trust me ua first appointment will get here faster than you think:)....all the best in these critical weeks and the remaining 8 months of the pregnancy:)......Baby numb one, very exciting!

Thank you!! THe first baby is sooo exciting but scary all at the same time. THis will be the first grandbaby on my side. DH younger brother and his gf had a baby in july. So the cousins will be about a year apart. Which is exciting. We have been together for a long time so this baby (even though we were just married in august) has still be long awaited. We were getting questions about it since before the wedding!!

I sure hope that first appointment will get here quick!! :) Congrats to you as well! what kind of symptoms are you having? I just have some cramping everyonce and awhile and some serious fatigue. No morning sickness yet.

I wish you the very best in the rest of your pregnancy as well!! :)

So sorry Lorna.

So i just got a call from my mw and sje said my hcg levels were confusing for my dates ie i should be further along. So either they are just high or it xould be the pregnancy from last month which they told me i had a chemical. So bloods again today and scan on monday to see whats going on!

That's crazy jade!

I don't want to eat ANYTHING - seriously I have a food aversion to food in general. I don't know what to do, there's nothing I want to eat :( I'm trying those meal replacement milk drink things (not the weight loss ones, the ones for people who need extra calories) and they have lots of vitamins and minerals, but even they are starting to make me feel sick and they're so not as good as eating a proper healthy diet - but I just can't! Sigh. There goes my plan to eat perfectly during my pregnancy! lol :flow:

I don't want to eat ANYTHING - seriously I have a food aversion to food in general. I don't know what to do, there's nothing I want to eat :( I'm trying those meal replacement milk drink things (not the weight loss ones, the ones for people who need extra calories) and they have lots of vitamins and minerals, but even they are starting to make me feel sick and they're so not as good as eating a proper healthy diet - but I just can't! Sigh. There goes my plan to eat perfectly during my pregnancy! lol :flow:

Nzjade I feel exactly the same, feel ok most of the day but as soon as I sit down to eat I am totally off the idea of food. I start to overheat and feel I little nauseous. We are still on honeymoon so it's a bit annoying as we are eating put every evening and I don't fancy anything! Poor Dh!

Happy 8 weeks to me! :) yay

Got MW on Monday for bloods, dreading it as I faint every time I have my bloods taken, I really don't like it! Normally have bloods taken at hospital with 12 weeks scan and OH is there with me but because its just a separate appt and not much will be going on apart from bloods, OH said he won't be able to take time off....booooh!! :( I'm sure I will be fine!

Any plans for the weekend ladies? I'm working then probs go see family on Sunday or I'm feeling a lazy Sunday if kids will allow it :lol:

X

Mellie do u ever ask to lay down while having blood drawn? I pass out I seated but when I am laying down I'm fine. I just say, can I lay down while you take my blood please? I have a tendency to pass out. And then you get to go to a nice private room with a examination table to lay on. Always works for me!!

Have my 2nd drs appt on Monday. I'm going to ask for a prescription because I'm puking a lot and I'm just 7 weeks. It's only gonna get worse for the next 5-6 weeks :(. I'm praying for some relief but I'm accepting this is just a part of pregnancy for me :(. So so sick.

The worst thing so far coming back up was a sandwich with lettuce and tomato. How disgusting!! Cheerios and saltines are easy peasy coming back up compared to that!!

Sorry you're suffering Kelly :hugs:
I've still not been sick as yet but wow, the pain I get before I poop or pass wind is so intense. It's gonna be hard hiding this pregnancy from everyone until after the 12 week scan because of it. I can say I have a stomach bug once or twice but not for 5 weeks straight!

Nzjade I feel exactly the same, feel ok most of the day but as soon as I sit down to eat I am totally off the idea of food. I start to overheat and feel I little nauseous. We are still on honeymoon so it's a bit annoying as we are eating put every evening and I don't fancy anything! Poor Dh!

Sorry you're feeling crap, but also glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want food! I just managed to eat some thai noodles for dinner - better than nothing I guess. Oooh where are you on honeymoon? :flow:

I went to a 'pregnancy and baby expo' today - it was quite interesting but I was hoping for a few more freebies!! I got 2 free disposable nappies, a free pair of maternity underwear, a toddlers sipper cup and that's about it! Went to a talk from 'The Nappy Lady' who educated us on all the different sort of cloth nappies available and how they work. Starting to think I might try and use cloth nappies, even if just when at home - save the planet and all that!!

Cloth nappies rock!

This nasty taste in my mouth is making me crazy :(

I love cloth nappies :). DD has never had a disposable on her bum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->