June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I guess I get to join this thread! Got a BFP this past Thursday (day before my 28th birthday!). Hubs and I have been married since June 2009, NTNP since Sept. 2012 (apparently he does good work!)

We're both a little overwhelmed at the moment. Didn't think it would happen so quickly for us, especially since I have an irregular cycle and we didn't do anything special besides stopping any BC. This will be our first child. Haven't told the parents yet, it hasn't quite sunk in!! I have a doctor's appt. on Tues. for confirmation- help in determining due date, etc. and then I guess we'll tell. When is it normal to tell our parents?? I have no history of MCs or anything, since we've never tried before!

Anyway, I'm so glad to have found a community to discuss things with.... I'm definitely feeling a little lost. Especially right now since i have NO idea what to expect and no one to discuss anything with!! :)

edit: I should mention that I am fairly certain of a June due date but have no real clue about conception because of my irregular cycle. I only decided to test because I started having constant mild nausea at the beginning of last week along with a moderate aversion to coffee (my 2nd love!)

I guess I get to join this thread! Got a BFP this past Thursday (day before my 28th birthday!). Hubs and I have been married since June 2009, NTNP since Sept. 2012 (apparently he does good work!)

We're both a little overwhelmed at the moment. Didn't think it would happen so quickly for us, especially since I have an irregular cycle and we didn't do anything special besides stopping any BC. This will be our first child. Haven't told the parents yet, it hasn't quite sunk in!! I have a doctor's appt. on Tues. for confirmation- help in determining due date, etc. and then I guess we'll tell. When is it normal to tell our parents?? I have no history of MCs or anything, since we've never tried before!

Anyway, I'm so glad to have found a community to discuss things with.... I'm definitely feeling a little lost. Especially right now since i have NO idea what to expect and no one to discuss anything with!! :)

edit: I should mention that I am fairly certain of a June due date but have no real clue about conception because of my irregular cycle. I only decided to test because I started having constant mild nausea at the beginning of last week along with a moderate aversion to coffee (my 2nd love!)

Welcome :) and congrats

I'm 8+2 with our second baby, due the 8th June based on LMP, however I think the scan may put us a day or two earlier. Incredibly excited :) :happydance:

welcome to the new ladies!!!

yayyy 7 weeks today by my dates! Having a scan tomorrow so will know what my dates are. Are they accurate at this stage though? Im pretty certain of my dates as i had a chemical early sept and im pretty sure this is a new pregnancy as id be 11 weeks going from my last bfp i got a quick look at baby on friday and bean didnt look the size of a 11 week baby but the doc said im between 7-8 weeks she wasnt sure! Anyway i think im 7 weeks lol. Guess ill find out tomorrow :-D Hoping to get some pics!

I think they say dating is accurate between 11-14 weeks! Normally before then I think it's only normally a few days out!

Well me and DS are having a lazy Sunday today, both in our pjs and dressing gowns :D hehe eating roses and watching fireman Sam....DD has been at SILs all weekend, it's been very quiet :lol: she should be home within the hour I think....SIL is off for a private gender scan this afternoon - feeling slightly jealous, I know we won't be able to afford a gender scan this time round so will find out at 20 weeks, think SIL is 16 weeks.
Anyone else having a private scan? We did with DD, found out at 16 weeks, it was soo much nicer than a hospital scan, very personal and much better quality too, also they put it on a big projector screen :D wish we could do it again this time round!

Also anyone planning to stay team yellow??

X

I cant stay team yellow im too impatient! Ill be getting a private one at 16 weeks i think as i got one with my second it was much nicer than nhs. We shall see what monies are like nearer the time as now im skinted lol

Im not staying team yellow. I had a gender scan privately at 20 weeks with DS because the NHS scan couldn't see if he was a boy or girl. The private scan was lovely, I got the 4d stuff done with pictures and a DVD. It's only fair that both bumps get the same treatment!

What does everyone's nausea feel like? I always thought nausea in pregnancy felt just like the nausea you get when you're sick with the flu or you get motion sickness and you urgently feel like you need to vomit, but mine feels quite a bit different? At first I wasn't even calling it nausea because it felt different, but it must be because I feel this constant pressure in my throat all the way down to my stomach and if I eat something that doesn't sound good at that moment it definitely feels like it wants to come back up, but haven't thrown up yet though. Anyone else feel nausea like this?

SIL is having a girl :D awwwwh! She already has a little girl too, I have a new niece on the way, yay!!! Just told DD and she was sooo excited....I have a feeling she will be disappointed if we are having a boy....eeek!!

X

I tried cloth nappies with Lottie but she was in her night time nappy for 12 hours from 7 weeks onwards and they couldn't keep her dry.
Maybe I should have just used disposables at night and cloth in the day? I didn't think of that at the time! I was just so frustrated with them.

Welcome to the new ladies. Congratulations to you!

8 weeks today! Can't believe how quick time is going.
Was in work yesterday (I'm a nurse) and same accross a doppler, so I sneaked into one of the office's and used it. Can u imagine how exited I was when I thought I heard our little baby's heartbeat??? Anyway..... straight onto Google/Youtube when i got home and found out I'd used it completely wrong and had heard my own pulse!! Exciting for just a short period of time, haha!

I think they say dating is accurate between 11-14 weeks! Normally before then I think it's only normally a few days out!

Well me and DS are having a lazy Sunday today, both in our pjs and dressing gowns :D hehe eating roses and watching fireman Sam....DD has been at SILs all weekend, it's been very quiet :lol: she should be home within the hour I think....SIL is off for a private gender scan this afternoon - feeling slightly jealous, I know we won't be able to afford a gender scan this time round so will find out at 20 weeks, think SIL is 16 weeks.
Anyone else having a private scan? We did with DD, found out at 16 weeks, it was soo much nicer than a hospital scan, very personal and much better quality too, also they put it on a big projector screen :D wish we could do it again this time round!

Also anyone planning to stay team yellow??

X

I thought about staying team yellow, but I know there's just no way we could hold out. We're going to get a private scan at 15+4 which will be Christmas eve. We're going to have them seal it in an envelope and open it Christmas morning. I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was a little girl!

Welcome to the newcomers!

Oh my goodness I feel totally sick today, everything is making want to be sick :'(

So much for keeping it a secret for us. OH told his mom, that I knew about, but I didn't realize one of his brothers knew, as well. Apparently OH said something that clued him in on accident, and this particular brother can't keep a secret! We were at OH's mom's house for her bday party yesterday, he told his wife. Then somehow he let it slip in a room full of family, so now at least a dozen people in his family know. Oh well!

Then we get home last night and my mom calls me. She says, "I've had the weirdest feeling for the last 3 weeks... are you pregnant?" What a weirdo! What's stranger is her feeling started THE DAY we got the BFP. Weirder? I asked her what time of day, and she tells me the time I took the test, not knowing when I had taken it! And she's over 1000 miles away, so she couldn't have seen symptoms, and I didn't clue her in at all!

OMG Steph, my MIL did the same thing. She had a dream the night we bd'd that we had a baby and it was a boy. (All my dreams say boy, too.) She called my SIL because SIL and I are really close to see if she would spill the beans about us TTC. (We didn't tell anyone so they wouldn't ask those awkward questions.) She held true and didn't say a word, so MIL called me and told me I was going to turn up pregnant soon, because she had such a vivid dream. 1 week later, :BFP:

We're going to be completely surprised if we end up team pink, because EVERYONE is predicting boy.

So much for keeping it a secret for us. OH told his mom, that I knew about, but I didn't realize one of his brothers knew, as well. Apparently OH said something that clued him in on accident, and this particular brother can't keep a secret! We were at OH's mom's house for her bday party yesterday, he told his wife. Then somehow he let it slip in a room full of family, so now at least a dozen people in his family know. Oh well!

Then we get home last night and my mom calls me. She says, "I've had the weirdest feeling for the last 3 weeks... are you pregnant?" What a weirdo! What's stranger is her feeling started THE DAY we got the BFP. Weirder? I asked her what time of day, and she tells me the time I took the test, not knowing when I had taken it! And she's over 1000 miles away, so she couldn't have seen symptoms, and I didn't clue her in at all!

With our first my mom called me to tell me that she had a dream that someone in the family was pregnant and that if I wasn't planning on any at the moment that I needed to be extra careful. Little did she know that I was already pregnant, but I still waited to tell her until I reached 12 weeks.

In other news, I think the nausea has gotten me. I thought I would be able to skip it this time, but it arrived a few days ago. It's not too bad (last time I felt like a had a constant hangover from week 5-week 10). This time my tummy just feels a bit off. No food aversions yet, so I guess that is another plus. Regardless, I just want to feel normal. Anyone else so so sleepy all the time? :sleep::sleep: I have never been a napper, yet the last few days I've had to take about an hour long nap. I've decided I'm just going to go with. If baby says we need a nap then I'm taking one.

Hi everyone sorry I've not been around much, had a rough week! I was in hospital fri night with a suspected ectopic pregnancy thankfully everything is fine. I had a scan and the baby is measuring right on date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->