June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

Congratulations Camia! Welcome baby Westley!

So its been maybe 2 weeks since I've had any bleeding, and I've been spotting since last night. This better not be my period already!!!!! I am exclusively breastfeeding. All day I am feeding on demand. I pump about 10 oz out each time every morning and evening. Yes she has been sleeping 6 hour stretches at night...but come on! I see my obgyn today for my 6 week pp visit. Also we plan to do an ablation once my period does return so I'm done for good. Its still frustrating to think this may be it already. In the past, with my first it did come back at 6 weeks....but I was exclusively pumping and new to the whole thing. Then it was 8 months and 9 months with my other 2. Urg!

Congrats Camia!!! I think Westley might be the last of babies in this group. Glad we all made it to the finish line and onto a beautiful journey with our bundles!!

@Heather.1987 it sucks if it’s your period already!! Could it be residual from the birth still?? At 5 weeks, I still haven’t fully stopped bleeding. Some days, it’s nothing then some spotting then some flow... so annoying ...

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how your babies are doing? How are they sleeping right now?
This is a really hard one for us, Maddox has never been a good sleeper, he’s now 16 weeks and still weeks very frequently at night. It’s getting worse and he will generally only settle in the night on my arm in our bed and then I can’t sleep. Struggling with the lack of sleep now :-(

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how your babies are doing? How are they sleeping right now?
This is a really hard one for us, Maddox has never been a good sleeper, he’s now 16 weeks and still weeks very frequently at night. It’s getting worse and he will generally only settle in the night on my arm in our bed and then I can’t sleep. Struggling with the lack of sleep now :-(

I'm sorry to hear about Maddox's sleep, I hope he let's you get some rest soon! Westley has been doing pretty well with it, we've actually started eliminating his ~12am feeding because he's slept through it on his own several nights now. But he's still pretty iffy with naps during the day, some days he won't take more than 5-minute power naps then gets super cranky in the afternoon/evening.

At 2 weeks he started dropping weight and was hospitalized, thankfully the problem was with my milk supply and we were put on a schedule of breastfeeding, formula, and pumping for the last 6 weeks, which helped his weight shoot back up but has done basically nothing for my supply so I'm now starting to wean him because I'm really burnt out on it and he's gotten steadily worse about fighting nursing and only wanting a bottle. Otherwise he's been doing pretty well though, he social smiles all the time, thinks the light-up mobile on his swing is the most fascinating thing ever, and is his daddy's little buddy. He looks for daddy when he gets home and makes this adorable pouty face when he stops playing with him :haha:

My 3rd child was a terrible sleeper. He would literally cry for 4 hours every night (from 10-2) and then also wake up at other times. Its so hard when you don't get good sleep. There were times I literally had to walk away and go sit in the garage in the van so I could get a mental break. It took about 14 months for him to start sleeping better.

@bean85 , I heard great things about takingcarababies for sleep training little ones. I didn’t take the course but implemented some of her tips she shares on her page and Navya has been sleeping great at night. Not a great napper probably because the boys are homeschooling and always so noisy at home. But she makes up for it at night. She’ll get up once to feed maybe twice... check out the site and hope it helps.

i am having concerns about her latch though... Although it’s been 3 months I feel like she doesn’t latch properly.. and someone mentioned it could be a posterior tongue tie... anyone else experienced this??

@bean85 , I heard great things about takingcarababies for sleep training little ones. I didn’t take the course but implemented some of her tips she shares on her page and Navya has been sleeping great at night. Not a great napper probably because the boys are homeschooling and always so noisy at home. But she makes up for it at night. She’ll get up once to feed maybe twice... check out the site and hope it helps.

i am having concerns about her latch though... Although it’s been 3 months I feel like she doesn’t latch properly.. and someone mentioned it could be a posterior tongue tie... anyone else experienced this??

Oh thank you, I will have a look. We will try anything at this point.
He seems to be starting to teeth aswell so that won’t be helping! X

My daughter had a posterior tongue tie and we had it released, her latch seems more comfortable but my supply sucks so we too are mainly formula feeding. I nurse when I’m home and pump at work but lately pumping gets me not enough for even a feed. She hasn’t been gaining weight that great either 2 weeks ago she was only 9 lbs 14 oz so hopefully now with mainly formula she will gain better729841BD-D93E-4803-B78A-68C029F0233D.jpeg

How are you w8ting? Hope your little one is gaining weight again and is healthy and happy

How are you w8ting? Hope your little one is gaining weight again and is healthy and happy
We are finally gaining well but also on all formula now as my supply quite on me she finally is in the 4th percentile! She weighs 11 pounds 5 ounces

Glad to hear she's back on track, it must be difficult for you though, having to suddenly switch to formula. I'm sorry. Are you at least sleeping better at night?

Oh does she give online courses? :) mine feeds every 2 to 3 hours

Hi ladies,

it’s been a while... hopefully you’ve all adjusted to life with your little one...

I’m enjoying my time at the same time feel a little sad that she’s growing up so fast and this being my last baby that I won’t have another one this small... trying to cherish every moment ...

Nima,
If you were serious about the online classs, check out takingcarababies. She has classes and a top of tips on her Instagram and her webpage to help build good sleeping habits...

I attribute a lot to the fact that we still swaddle, whenever I try to not swaddle her she won’t sleep long.....I’m trying to wean her from it but it’s hard, thankfully she isn’t rolling yet but she is getting close.

Hope everyone is staying healthy. Covid has hit our household unfortunately (I got it from work, I’m a nurse and we have had an outbreak at my job) thankfully we all have mild symptoms. Pick of my little chunk 680C4342-3014-4887-AE84-3138C044E1DD.jpeg

Covid hit our house too. Last day of quarantine is Friday. We're all good. I did contemplate how much my covid antibody breastmilk would go for.....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->