• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

just a little rant, being daft but it really annoyed me!

lilwelsh1

3 happy kids+2 angels
Reaction score
soooo a friend of a friend on my fb is due her 1st child the day b4 me, she put up status about being excited that its june meaning next month her baby will be due and how scary + exciting that is. I commented that it was eeeek.

Well the main friend who introduced us had her baby back in march and has been out drinking every weekend since (despite having 2 other children already) each to their own, if she is in a position to leave her children with her mum every weekend and chooses to go out clubbing etc thats upto her. What i dont like is the constant jibes i.e. 'oooo im going for a p*ss up, shame u havent popped yet' 'your missing out' 'i would invite u out for my birthday but u cant go clubbing so theres no point' etc etc. I know im being over sensitive but y cant she just STFU? I personally have no intentions of going out clubbing for a very long time and i am very happy with this choice, our friend will be a new mum, all this is new and exciting, y does it seem like my mate is peeing on our friends bonfire? Its just so ridiculous! I dont know how our mutual friend feels about this (im an over reactor :haha:) but it annoys me, like shes trying to play down how special this time is for me n our friend!

I dont know y im so annoyed, it just gets on my nerves, this friend isnt the only 1 to mock tease about staying home at weekends and its just p-ing me off. I dont care that i cant go to the club and make a moose of myself on the karaoke on occaision, i dont care that i cant drink cocktails while having a girly evening of pampering etc. I'm excited to be carrying a healthy baby girl who will be here in 7 weeks!! Eek! Does anyone else have weird friends who think the be all and end all is binge drinking on the weekends??

Thanks to anyone who read this far. Rant over lol xx

I have a sister in law who is the same way. Parties and drinks every weekend even though she has two kids :nope:
and for some reason thinks I want to go out and party once I have my baby so she keeps bugging me about it. News flash: no thank you!

aw hun i would be annoyed too! its almost like implying that we are boring for wanting to stay in with our babies and that even though we can physically go out she isnt going to invite you because you will be boring or something! i hate that!

i have a few friends who have absolutely zero photos of their kids up or never ever mention them but post pictures of them absolutely trollied each weekend or photos of new tatoos or are posting things like got my new phone followed ten days later by that phone was rubbish got a new one! i'm like errrr 1 how can you afford? 2 where are your children 3 errr how do you even have the time to post the 2355 photos of you pist!

she is probably just trying to make herself feel better about living with herself and her fun as the priority and trying to make you both feel bad for actually not caring about those things!

soooo a friend of a friend on my fb is due her 1st child the day b4 me, she put up status about being excited that its june meaning next month her baby will be due and how scary + exciting that is. I commented that it was eeeek.

Well the main friend who introduced us had her baby back in march and has been out drinking every weekend since (despite having 2 other children already) each to their own, if she is in a position to leave her children with her mum every weekend and chooses to go out clubbing etc thats upto her. What i dont like is the constant jibes i.e. 'oooo im going for a p*ss up, shame u havent popped yet' 'your missing out' 'i would invite u out for my birthday but u cant go clubbing so theres no point' etc etc. I know im being over sensitive but y cant she just STFU? I personally have no intentions of going out clubbing for a very long time and i am very happy with this choice, our friend will be a new mum, all this is new and exciting, y does it seem like my mate is peeing on our friends bonfire? Its just so ridiculous! I dont know how our mutual friend feels about this (im an over reactor :haha:) but it annoys me, like shes trying to play down how special this time is for me n our friend!

I dont know y im so annoyed, it just gets on my nerves, this friend isnt the only 1 to mock tease about staying home at weekends and its just p-ing me off. I dont care that i cant go to the club and make a moose of myself on the karaoke on occaision, i dont care that i cant drink cocktails while having a girly evening of pampering etc. I'm excited to be carrying a healthy baby girl who will be here in 7 weeks!! Eek! Does anyone else have weird friends who think the be all and end all is binge drinking on the weekends??

Thanks to anyone who read this far. Rant over lol xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
your like me one of my mates said soemthig similar she was like oh its my b-day were all gunna leeds but no point asking you :-o
i just thought to my self did you eva stop n think i mite not wana go anyway haha
im not a big drinker and in your words dont care i cant make a moose of my self hehehehehe id rather spend £60 on my family than blow it down the pub

it is quite annoying isnt it? Glad im not the only one who has people around me who almost seem to force the issue or rain on someones pregnancy parade. Its funny cuz since my mate had her baby shes barely spoken to me or come for a visit, if i offer to go c her she says shes busy, thats fine but i do feel a bit like shes not interested anymore.

agreed My OHs sis is the same - out all the time she planned a wknd away 2 months after her baby was due 4 a whole wknd away in london! (we stay in Aberdeen scotland!) Whereas im happy not to go out (fair enough 4 spesh occasions etc) I dont think i would like leaving my boy all the time! But yea ppl r expecting me to go away 4 long wknds but im not going 2 :) Ul be happy with ur descision when baby grows and u havnt missed out on her! xx

it is quite annoying isnt it? Glad im not the only one who has people around me who almost seem to force the issue or rain on someones pregnancy parade. Its funny cuz since my mate had her baby shes barely spoken to me or come for a visit, if i offer to go c her she says shes busy, thats fine but i do feel a bit like shes not interested anymore.

OMG this is also a subject i can relate too before i was pregs my mates used ot come round all the time or i used to go to theres we used to go out with kids or for girly shopping trips but since i got pregs nada no one wants to know me :-(

my OH says shows who your true friends are then doesnt it :-( i know hes rite but then that must mean none of them bar 1 person really gives a dam :-(
my 16 year old sister is my new best mate lol we go everywere together haha sad i know im only 23 though and she is an old 16 so we get on well x

Its annoying when people do this but dont get upset about it. She is the one missing out on all the wonderful moments with her children. If she feels that getting trashed every weekend is the right thing to do so be it, atleast you know where your priorities lie. :)

I sometimes think that I must bore my Facebook friends almost every status is about DS every photo is of him. I've had one night out since he's been born but it's my choice I had my wild nights out and fun before he was born now I give 100% to him and DD when she arrives.

Heheh you're nicer than me, I would reply with something akin to " well, since I'm an adult - I don't really feel the need to be out partying every weekend while someone else raises my children, but you have fun! " LOL :thumbup:

I have a girl I went to high school with who posts like 3 times a week, "going out, mommy needs a drink its been a while!!" As though she didnt post the same thing the day before, and we are all supposed to feel bad she has a child to raise and can only go out to the bar 3 nights/week instead of 7! Some people just have way different priorities...

BTW I heard about a lady on a radio show who got a ticket and fine for breastfeeding her one month old baby at the bar, after 12 drinks!! She got a BFI (breastfeeding while intoxicated!!) didnt even know this existed! It is sad that it has happened enough times that they had to create an offense for it!

I've already got 2 dd who are now 9 and 10 and they go to their dads every other week which means I get to go out and have fun! Before being pregnant oh and I would often be out drinking with friends when we had no kids. Since being pregnant we have still been going out as often as poss but has just meant no drinks for me... Once baby is here won't be out so much, although I have tix for v fest in august and will be leaving baby with oh overnight while I go...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"