Just a quick question.

alouisebx

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm relatively new at this I'm 18, currently pregnant with my first baby and have got my 12 week scan tomorrow. Was just wondering what that's like? I had one at around 7 weeks however I believe that one was slightly different. Is it normal to be worried that everything will be okay? I'm in a mentally draining job with an autistic child and I'm worried the stress that this puts me under may be dangerous for the baby and I? I'm really attached to him as I've worked with him since I was 14 and known him since he was a baby, but now I'm worried the work I've been doing may have harmed the baby? Sorry this is a rather long post but any replies would be sincerely appreciated! xx

I'm sure you're fine, and it's normal to be worried. Congrats on your pregnancy!

I used to work with an autistic child before and during my pregnancy and I now have an almost two month old. :) I'm not really sure what all they did at that scan but best of luck and congratulations!

It's a brilliant but definitely a demanding job don't you think? :)

Completely normal to be worried, I was so scared my bp was through the roof and I threw up just before the scan :haha:

It's amazing though, you can see their little arms & legs moving about and they jump all over the place! So cute.
Enjoy it! :D

Absolutely normal, hope your scan went well :)

I've been terrified both times! I hope it all went well :flower:

Hope it went well. In terms of stress though you should be ok- remember parents with autistic children go through this with siblings too and are just fine, they have no choice ykwim?

If there are physical behavioural issues however you need to take this into account.

Hope all went well today

^^^ true. The little boy I watched was had just turned four right after I left for maternity leave and while most of the time he would just slap my arms and stuff there would be times he would try and kick and even headbut so you do have to be very careful in those aspects.

Hey guys! Thanks for your advice it did go really really well and my OH got to see it move and everything for the first time so yay! He doesn't tend to be physical but there are times when he is and when he has lashed out, but I'm quite careful so all should be okay! Heres the new picture, ended up being further along than I though! Nearly 13 weeks. :) Thank you all it definitely put my mind at ease! Now is time to get excited! :D xx

Attachments

• 12weeks5days.jpg
    12weeks5days.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations on your pregnancy glad everything went well at the scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->