Just Back From Fertility Appointment

julybabe84

Mum of 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
Had appointment with the fertility consultant today. As they said in the letter I have confirmed PCOS. All other results from me and OH came back fine.

She has put me on Clomid for 4 months. I've to take day 2-6 and phone the hospital on day 1 so they can book me in for a scan to check its working. If that doesn't work they will send me to get my tubes checked and take it from there.

So I'm now praying that :witch: shows up soon so I can get started.

How long has everyone else been on Clomid? And if you got pregnant how many rounds did it take?

Hi I am also on Clomid 50mg CD 2-6 and i wasnt ovulating myself however since I started Clomid I have started ov so i have seen positive results.

I have been researching and chatting to many woman who have conceived on Clomid so fxd its sounds promising

Thanks DancingDiva - fx'd it works for both of us.

Leah - It's supposed to kick start your ovaries making you ovulate regularly, it might not work I guess that's what the scan's are for at day 10 and then further on in cycle. Some doctors do blood tests instead of the scan

I'm on my first month but 50mg hasn't worked for me I had two scans my follicles were not big enough and ny lining was too thin- now I have to wait until the end of the month and try 100mg.

I've heard good success stories just different mg's work better for different people- good luck :)
X

Hi

I have PCOS but was put on Metformin. I understood that met was the first step generally and then Clomid came afterwards, but I guess it varies from each FS!

Good luck hun. Glad things are happening for you anyway!

x

What does Metformin do? I've heard people talk of it but don't know what it;s for.

What mg did that give you?
And I have pcos too- clomid is used especially for people with pcos to help us ovulate x

Metformin is used for assisting with ovulation too hun. That is why I am on it, I do ovulate some months but not always.

xx

Metformin is an insulin sensitizing drug that has been shown useful in correcting some of the hormonal abnormalities in PCOS that prevents ovulation. It's a commonly used drug for diabetes type II or PCOS. Met can be used alone or as a supplement to clomid. Metformin isn't a fertility drug like clomid is, but it does help women with PCOS regulate their cycles and ovulate more frequently.

I will be starting my second round of Clomid. I had a chemical with my first round. :(

I am on first round of clomid now, im on day 3, 2 more to go and then the finger crossing starts!!!!!!!

Metformin is used for assisting with ovulation too hun. That is why I am on it, I do ovulate some months but not always.

xx

Seem's to do the same thing, they maybe use different things for different circumstances, or could be just different doctors have different methods. Hope it works for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->