Just bled quite a bit- freaking out!!

bohemiangel

Reaction score
Please help ladies... I'm so scared right now. Had some strong period like cramps a few hours ago, stronger than anything I've had so far in this pregnancy. Lasted maybe 15 minutes and then went away. A few hours later got home and went to the toilet, felt kind of a "sploosh" like when you start your period... Wiped and there was bright red blood. Looked in the toilet and there was quite a bit of blood there, too.
I put on a pad and there is only a bit of spotting now, but this only happened about 10 minutes ago. I just had a scan done 4 days ago at 8+1, baby was measuring spot on for size and had a heart rate of 171.

I know the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor and get another scan, but I'm traveling out of the state right now and I won't be able to see a doctor for at least 3-4 days. Can anyone please just tell me if this sounds like a miscarriage? I've also heard that some bleeding in pregnancy can be normal, but this was more than just spotting. Please help!!

I'm so sorry you're going through this . I have experience once from my miscarriage where I started spotting and then cramping and then heavy bleeding and I also
bled once with my second son but I was 22 weeks and I had no cramping at all.. They couldn't explain why it happened !
I have also seen many ladies have bleeding and everything was okay.
If you could go to an ER , I probably would.. Are you saying you can't because you're insurance won't cover it ?

I don't have health insurance right now. Was hoping to be able to get it within the next couple of months :(

I'm not that familiar with medical costs because I live in Canada .. Would it cost a fortune to go to the ER ?

Oh gosh im sorry you must be terrified. From what ive read some women can have bleeding and quite a bit of it and everything be fine. But you can just never know really how it will turn out. If it were me I'd be going straight to the er. If you can't go then just keep an eye on the bleeding and your pain.

With my son I had red blood, not a lot and no cramps either. What is happening to you can definitely be normal. I wish you could get to an ER to get an ultrasound immediately.

Thank you guys so much for your comments- it's really helping me. So far there has been nothing since that initial bleed 3.5 hours ago, no more bleeding at all and only very very mild cramps (the same that I've had off and on this entire pregnancy.) Hopefully I'll get through the night without any more bleeding, and then will see if I can find a clinic open tomorrow where I might be able to get a scan. Other slightly optimistic sign is that I still have all my symptoms, like nausea, tender breasts, and fatigue. Fingers crossed that it was nothing!!

It can be common to get some bleeding around the time your period would have been due, eg 4 weeks, 8 weeks etc

I had this at 5 weeks, a little at 7, and also at 8/9. Baby on each scan was doing ok and I'm now 12 weeks on Monday.

If it's stopped hopefully everything is ok but I would still speak to your Dr/midwife when you can x

Update: Didn't bleed at all throughout the night, and had only a few drops of dark brown spotting when I went pee this morning. No more cramping. Trying to remain optimistic. From everything I've researched, I'm thinking it was either a miscarriage or a subchorionic hemorrhage. Going in for a scan at 2pm, so I'll know more in a few hours. Thanks to all those who posted.

I hope everything will be okay today at your scan.

Thanks, ladies! Well I'm happy to report the ultrasound went very well. Baby is right smack where it's supposed to be, snug as a bug in a rug, with a heart rate of 175. Measuring spot on for development. Really the best news I could possibly hope to hear!! :cloud9: So very lucky... No sign of a subchorionic hemorrhage, so we're still not entirely sure what caused the bleed. I checked in with a friend who is a midwife, and she said sometimes bleeds like that can be leftover old blood from implantation that never got released. That's the best guess we have at this point. Had a bit more very light spotting this evening, but overall seems to be tapering off. When I get back to my home state I'll probably get some blood work done to make sure my hormones are alright.

Thanks to everyone for all of your encouragement and support. It was so helpful to me through a very sleepless night. :flower::flower::flower:

So glad to hear this!!! I hope you have a safe trip home and no more scares!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->