Just can't get excited ...

ChristiansMum

Mummy of 3 and 1 angel
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I haven't been on here in nearly year! Well I'm 23 and have 2 children, my little boy is 4 and I have a daughter who is nearly 11 months old now. I suffered a miscarriage in Jan 2012.
Personally I didn't think I would need this part of the website again as I have two beautiful children I thought 'I'm happy with that, no more babies for me' but obviously things can take an unexpected turn ...

Yesterday on my husbands birthday I got a positive pregnancy test and another this morning. I am so scared this baby wasn't planned but me and my husband had discussed if it happened again then it would be fine but personally I would of wanted it to happen in maybe a years time when my daughter was a bit older. I feel awful saying it but i don't feel excited yet. I am dreading telling the family as all my family kept saying that I don't need any more children one of each is brilliant and basically no more! And my husbands family have said since the day my daughter was born 'that's it no more children' and I just don't know what to do ... Sorry for the long post!

They all say these things I think to put you off. It will be a different story when you tell them. They will be excitied. It is nice having them close together, they could be close siblings.

Thankyou for your reply. My husband doesn't want anyone to know and then going to tell them all on Christmas day! I think I'm abit more worried cause the only symptom I have is 2 positive pregnancy tests and I'm abit tired but that's it xx

hiya hun also 23 and pregnant with #2 which wasn't planned lol you will be fine hun, it will be hard at first but you get on with it don't you! A friend of mine whos also 23 had 3 kids less than 2 years apart between all. Honestly I think shes super woman! And will will be too you just learn to get on with it I suppose lol!

And with the family they might think your completely crazy for having another, but their opinion shouldn't matter at this stage, plus they will love it when its born, obvs lol

I'm here if you need a chat, I'm pretty good at that haha

xx

Thanks for your nice reply :) I think my parents will be alright with the news just it may shock them as well. Wow your friend is Wonder Woman lol. Is it bad that I don't want anyone to know until I NEED to tell them?xx

No hun, its your body and your baby! You tell people when YOU want to and not when they expect to be told. If you wanna wait untl 30 weeks then you do that (not that that's even possible but you get me lol) :p xx

My mum lives 6 doors up from me so I don't think I will be able to hide it too long from her lol! My mil will defiantly be shocked she has 5 kids (my husband being the eldest) and out the 5 of them my bil won't have children as he is mentally disabled and she tried to tell the others to have no more than 2 kids each cause Christmas will be too expensive! I am just dreading telling his side of the family xx

I had to comment on that 'she tried to tell the others to have no more than 2 kids each cause Christmas will be too expensive' I think that's a pathetic thing to say, have as many kids as you want, not upto her!!

That did shock me lol xx

Hi there! Totally know how you feel...

I am 27 and have 3 daughters - 6 yrs, 2yrs and 4 and a half months. And am now pregnant with number four.

We have always said we want 5 kids, I just didn't want them so close in age.This year I was due with my daughter on the 4th July, next year I am due... That's right! On the 4th July!!!! By the time number 4 comes I will have 3 under 3!!!

Anyway, we haven't told anyone besides my dad. My husband is over the moon, and so is my dad. No one else knows and I am dreading it!
MIL has taken it badly when number 3 came and when we talk about having more, and funny enough gives the same excuse about Xmas and bdays becoming too expensive.

I normally rush to have scans done and get all excited, this time I haven't even been to see my dr.

Maybe we can try cheer each other up! :) :flower:
xxx

It's no one's else's business how many children you have and when you have them. Wow. Talk about opinionated. What rule is there that we should only have 2. That's bologna! This baby may have been a surprise to you, but he/she was meant to be. The rest of the family can suck on a rock. A baby is a blessing.

I had to comment on that 'she tried to tell the others to have no more than 2 kids each cause Christmas will be too expensive' I think that's a pathetic thing to say, have as many kids as you want, not upto her!!

That did shock me lol xx

I agree! It's none of her business how many children you and your hubby have. It will be hard work but it will be amazing Hun! Good luck and don't worry about what they think, there's nothing wrong with having 3 children, I haven't definitely decided this baby is my last yet! Enjoy it x

Thankyou everyone :) my husband is over the moon about it, but I think I'm more shocked than anything. I agree a baby is a blessing but I'm completely different compared to when I had my daughter the day I found out with her I was on baby websites looking up my due date and making an appointment with the midwife but this time I'm more relaxed about it. Maybe because I have a walking 10 month old to chase after and a 4 year old to get to school and pick up. But thankyou for the support ladies I do feel abit better about it all now thanks to you all xx

Don't give yourself such a hard time. You have a lot on your plate being a mummy to two LO's already, so I'm sure it will take a while to adjust.

We had planned this LO but it happened the first month of trying and we were both shocked. It has taken weeks to feel like I did first time round, but I'm slowly getting excited now. I've always wanted this baby, but it's the pregnancy that's worrying me as I had a hard time before and don't want to go through that all again. It's very hard to explain how I feel happiness for the baby but hesitation and thoughts of 'what have I done' all at the same time.

Just be kind to yourself and tell the others to get stuffed! I think it's ridiculous that your MIL can be so opinionated when she's had five children herself!

Thankyou everyone :) my husband is over the moon about it, but I think I'm more shocked than anything. I agree a baby is a blessing but I'm completely different compared to when I had my daughter the day I found out with her I was on baby websites looking up my due date and making an appointment with the midwife but this time I'm more relaxed about it. Maybe because I have a walking 10 month old to chase after and a 4 year old to get to school and pick up. But thankyou for the support ladies I do feel abit better about it all now thanks to you all xx

That's normal too Hun, I haven't even booked my drs appointment yet or got my old baby/ pregnancy books out or anything. Second, third etc are never quite the same as the first as you have way more keeping you busy! X

Don't give yourself such a hard time. You have a lot on your plate being a mummy to two LO's already, so I'm sure it will take a while to adjust.

We had planned this LO but it happened the first month of trying and we were both shocked. It has taken weeks to feel like I did first time round, but I'm slowly getting excited now. I've always wanted this baby, but it's the pregnancy that's worrying me as I had a hard time before and don't want to go through that all again. It's very hard to explain how I feel happiness for the baby but hesitation and thoughts of 'what have I done' all at the same time.

Just be kind to yourself and tell the others to get stuffed! I think it's ridiculous that your MIL can be so opinionated when she's had five children herself!

My MIL is opinionated! I understand the hesitation you have cause I have exactly the same! My son I was in labor for an hour with no pain relief and had an easy pregnancy but my daughter ... I got induced for reduced movement and bleeding and was in labor for 26 hours and had every drug going it was horrible x

That's normal too Hun, I haven't even booked my drs appointment yet or got my old baby/ pregnancy books out or anything. Second, third etc are never quite the same as the first as you have way more keeping you busy! X

I was more excited with my 3 other pregnancies but this time I am abit excited but nervous and because I have had a miscarriage before I feel more hesitant to do anything like get the books out and book into the midwife I feel like I can't get excited incase something goes wrong! But I'm at the doctors on Monday so I'm going to tell the doctor then I'm pregnant and probably book in to see the midwife then x

Well when I was 23, I had 3 kids that was 3 years and younger. Married and wanted babies but didnt think it would happen so fast. My parents were not ecstatic about the pregnancies but they cant get enough of my kids now :) Now I'm newly pregnant with #4

I completely understand how you feel. I was not even out of the hospital with my daughter before my dad started asking when my surgery was for getting my tubes tied. Everyone also says I shouldn't press my luck as I have a boy and girl and I should be happy with that. My husband who always wanted 5 children also said he didn't want anymore but we have had a difficult relationship from day one as we come from very different cultures... We don't share anything and we have basically worked out a system where he pays just minimum child support every month and the rest is on me... not ideal but I have a good career so whatever I can manage the house and kids on my own.... In the end I've told no one that i'm pregnant since no one but me will be happy anyways. I could never say that I was done having kids I always wanted more and was really thinking I wouldn't get one so I'm so happy that this has happened. On the other hand i'm terrified because I have suffered a mmc before and I know how devastating it is especially without support. I'm so scared it will happen again so i'm trying really hard not to plan to much in my head but once you get that BFP your life changes forever irregardless.

I hope you can soon feel more positive about your pregnancy and ultimately no one ever thinks ill of a baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->