Just can't get excited ...

You will do great :) I am nervous too but you just have to keep telling yourself that you are a great mom and you will do great! OHs sister is a single mom of 3 young kids, idk how she does it but she is a great mom! They are 2, 6 and 7

I know how you feel. I have a nearly 11 month old and pregnant with my 2nd, due late next June. Our first one took nearly a year to conceive, so although we discussed having another we were NTNP. We didn't plan to have our 2nd so soon so it was a total shock to get a bfp. I think you tend to be busier too! We plan to announce around Christmas. I think once families know they will be totally delighted!!

Im more worried about my parents I think they will be disappointed in me to begin with but hopefully they will come round to the idea.

but thankyou for all your lovely comments xx

I am older than you but come from a long line of families with 2 kids max. Even after our first was born my mil said a couple of times that this is probably enough.
We had our second 16 month ago and it took us a LONG time to conceive him. So this time we were not very careful and got BFP just after one period since I stopped breastfeeding. I am still in a bit of a shock because it was already a hard year for us. We both work a lot and have to travel for business. So even from our point of view a third child is a bit of a stretch for our time ( it feels like none spare left) and it is expensive as we need to pay a nanny so I can work.
Don't get me wrong I a VERY grateful we were able to conceive and look forward our yet another summer child. But deep inside I worry that we don't have enough space in our tiny house, the upcoming expense, my work, time I can spend with my nearly teenage daughter, relationship with my husband ( that was never a priority in the past year or so due to lack of time).
The other issue is both sets of parents. They will definitely think we are insane. We are announcing after 12 weeks scan but we worry a lot of our relatives reaction. So I do understand that it is a mixture of emotions… but we all will be fine, we will manage...

I am older than you but come from a long line of families with 2 kids max. Even after our first was born my mil said a couple of times that this is probably enough.
We had our second 16 month ago and it took us a LONG time to conceive him. So this time we were not very careful and got BFP just after one period since I stopped breastfeeding. I am still in a bit of a shock because it was already a hard year for us. We both work a lot and have to travel for business. So even from our point of view a third child is a bit of a stretch for our time ( it feels like none spare left) and it is expensive as we need to pay a nanny so I can work.
Don't get me wrong I a VERY grateful we were able to conceive and look forward our yet another summer child. But deep inside I worry that we don't have enough space in our tiny house, the upcoming expense, my work, time I can spend with my nearly teenage daughter, relationship with my husband ( that was never a priority in the past year or so due to lack of time).
The other issue is both sets of parents. They will definitely think we are insane. We are announcing after 12 weeks scan but we worry a lot of our relatives reaction. So I do understand that it is a mixture of emotions… but we all will be fine, we will manage...

I am sort of in the same boat as you, on my side of the family it is sort of like 2 kids max as well but my husbands side is crazy he is 1 of 9 basically he has 1 'real' sister (same mum and dad) then 2 half brothers 3 half sisters and 2 step sister and then his uncle has 7 kids! DH doesn't even know how many cousins he has but me I have 3! I don't 'work' I look after my nan and grandad (he has dementia) and my husband works shifts at a well known cereal brand so some weeks me and DH sort of just pass each other like we both sleep in the same bed just at different times of the day/night. I also feel bad for my DD cause my son was 3 when I fell pregnant with her so he had nearly 4 years of 'mummy time' but she will only really get about 18 months of my time. I really do want this baby but I do worry about it all since we found out. xx

I am always puzzled when people say "I am going to have baby number 6!!!!". It seems that they are genuinely elated but I can not stop wondering where are they going to put all of these kids and how they can find time for any of them? We live in a small 3 bed house. Bedrooms are tiny. My daughter can not have a table in her room, there is no space. So we all use our dining table to study, to do emails, eat, draw etc.
My son sleeps in a permanently cold room due to bad insulation and I am constantly worried about it. My husband and I see each other only briefly and it is hard to talk about anything but kids and what do we have to do ( practical) on a weekend. If I am not cooking ( we do not eat ready made food because it is unhealthy), I am washing dishes, or do ironing or bath one of my kids. I do homework with my daughter, play with my little one and by 9 pm I am exhausted. I do not want to sacrifice completely my relationship with my husband, I don't want to talk to him only about gas bills because this is not why we got married.
I want to be able to read a book ( at least once a year), I want to talk to my daughter because she needs me… Oh well… I am worried that my mum who helped us a lot with our kids may not get as excited about this pregnancy because she knows how difficult for us to balance our jobs and raising kids…And she will be right. I can not blame her for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->