just curious...what are your plans after

I

Indigo77

your baby's arrival? (FXed)

Stop working and be a SAHM?
Daycare after maternity leave?
Nanny after maternity leave?
Dad will stay home?

Both oh and I work different hours so I´m hoping that I can get back to work at some point and we can take it in shifts with bubs. although I guess it will be an end to me sculpting for a year or two as something has got to give. I´m trying to get as many pieces into galleries around the world now so that I still have some sort of income when I´m breast feeding and have to stay at home. We will cope somehow, I have cupboards full of baby things from my friend who had twins so as long as its a girl or a cross dresser we won´t need to buy anything new for the first two years.

Well I'm very lucky to be a housewife so I will just become a SAHM if we're blessed with a little one :)

Indigo what are your plans?

While this might not be a popular sentiment, I cannot imagine myself as a SAHM. While I wouldn't put the hours in at the office like I did as a single parent to DD, I don't regret for a minute not staying home w/ her. My mother was a stay at home & I am an only child; I cherish every moment I had w/ her, but I always felt a lot of pressure, because I knew I was her whole world.

I have nothing but tremendous respect for women who choose to be SAHMs, it is harder than any other job in the world, but I know it's not for me.

While this might not be a popular sentiment, I cannot imagine myself as a SAHM. While I wouldn't put the hours in at the office like I did as a single parent to DD, I don't regret for a minute not staying home w/ her. My mother was a stay at home & I am an only child; I cherish every moment I had w/ her, but I always felt a lot of pressure, because I knew I was her whole world.

I have nothing but tremendous respect for women who choose to be SAHMs, it is harder than any other job in the world, but I know it's not for me.

I can't see why it's not a popular sentiment :shrug: The thing I love about equal rights for women is that we can chose to be SAHM or working mums :)

Im lucky in that I work from home and set my own hours with clients (Im a graphic designer) and hubby works 3 days a week and is my house husband me the rest of the time :thumbup:. Im planning on having him take a month off after the birth and I will too, then after I will only work on the days he is home. I realize we are very lucky, but theres been a lot of hard work and risks taken to get to this point( 9 years ago had a full time job with amazing pay and benefits but I wasnt happy, so I quit to go it alone not knowing how much I would make or if I could survive).

Im a big career/business woman and have heard from other similar women that they have to work after as they need the intellectual stimulation as they dont get that at home. Im not very domestically inclined at all, but once I have a baby in my arms I will probably be all mush and want to give up work!!

Well, Lord willing I have a LO, I will be doing some sort of day care after maternity leave. My DH has a far more flexible schedule than I, so I suspect we will not do DC initially, as he or I (or our moms) will do much of the watching. We might be able to afford to do a nanny share later in the process.

I plan to return to work and put my little one in daycare! I do plan to stay home at least 4 months though.

Good question - I can't actually make the leap of imagination from TTC to having an actual baby yet, doesn't feel real.

Ok here goes -my OH works offshore, so half the time he will be a stay home dad, the rest of the time when he's away it would go to a nursery I guess, I don't go into the office every day so that's only maybe 6-10 days a month of childcare.

Nope still can't imagine it.

the beauty of this forum is that there is something for every stage....ttc, pregnancy, motherhood.....so we can all graduate together and stay connected....

the beauty of this forum is that there is something for every stage....ttc, pregnancy, motherhood.....so we can all graduate together and stay connected....

I love all of the different perspectives I find here! You guys really help keep me grounded. :hugs:

I currently work part-time. I'd love to be a SAHM, but it won't work out for us financially.

I'm terribly fortunate to have my mom watching my kids while I work. It's like my kids have 2 moms, lol.

I currently work part-time. I'd love to be a SAHM, but it won't work out for us financially.

I'm terribly fortunate to have my mom watching my kids while I work. It's like my kids have 2 moms, lol.

That is wonderful! I never feared the idea of daycare w/ my DD, but I was scared of "who" might be watching her. I did wait until Sammie could talk before I put her in full-time care; I wanted her to be able to tell me if there was an issue.

Looking back, that was a little silly since no one could understand what she was actually saying at the time, lol.

yes, that's very fortunate...i hope u take her somewhere special for mother's day...mine wouldn't do it even if she lived closer to us...neither would my mil

Tricky one this

I think eventually part time, that way I will have the best of both worlds.

I would like a year maternity leave first if poss :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->