Just diagnosed with HYPERthyroidism

readyforthis

Reaction score
I was just diagnosed with HYPERthyroidism and I have been reading on the web and I am scared sh$tless right now. Can I still get pregnant? Can I still carry a baby to term? I'm going to be put on medication. HELP?!?!

I had hyperthyroidism diagnosed when I was pregnant, (8 years ago now). I had no problem carrying her to term however I was closely monitored though out my pregnancy. I was on medication, tablets that I had to take twice a day, they weren't recommended for pregnancy however my Ob said the risks were higher for the baby by not taking them.
I had scans and full blood works done every two weeks. When my DD was born we had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks as they did daily observations on her, checking her heart rate and bloods etc. When I left the hospital I was given open admission to the children's ward for her which meant I could take her straight there without having to go to a GP or A&E. She was absolutely fine though, no problems with her.

Thanks for the response. Did it take you a long time to get pregnant? I'm 38 and the clock is ticking for me...

It took me 2 months however I was 19, I used to be underweight and have iregular periods . I have now been trying for 7 months for my 2nd.

The main thing is that is now diagnosed so you can get your levels regulated, so hopefully it should make it easier now you and Dr know what is going on and you can get some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->